400-408 – Bob & Dannah Gresh, were featured on Wednesday's Focus on the Family, talking about how their hometown of State College is dealing with the Penn State scandal. Bob & Dannah are very active in ministry. They together founded Grace Prep High School, where Bob is the Headmaster. Dannah is the founder of Secret Keeper Girl Conferences that visit 60 cities a year, and author of 17 books (purefreedom.org), largely dealing with healthy relationships and sexual integrity. Their son Robb is a senior at Penn State.
• Fox News (11/17/2011) Penn State Trustees Hire Law Firm in Abuse Scandal.
413-423 – Bob & Dannah Gresh,
428-438 – Bob & Dannah Gresh,
439 – Go to kkla.com right now and be one of only 20 families to win a free-range turkey from Shelton's! Go now!
443-452 – Lori Stevens, family owner and CFO of Shelton's Premium Poultry (sheltons.com). Small world... I did pitching lessons with both her boys, Ryan and Brad, about 15 years ago!
458-508 – Theresa Flores, is the Director of Awareness and Training at the Grace Haven House in Ohio (gracehavenhouse.org), a long-term faith-based care facility for girls under 18 once trapped in sex trafficking. Theresa writes about her own experience as a 15-year-old sex slave for two years while still living at home in an affluent Detroit suburb back in 1981 in her book The Slave Across the Street. Her website is traffickfree.com. She's also started the SOAP project (Save Our Adolescents from Prostitution), in which the little bars of soap in hotels will ask "Are you being forced to do something against your will?" with the National Human Trafficking Hotline (888) 37-37-888. They distributed 10,000 bars of soap and rescued 60 girls!! Today, Theresa is a single mom with two daughters in college and a young teenage son still at home. She's raising money right now to hire the great writer, and our mutual friend Brian Bird, to turn the novel into the screenplay.
From her traffickfree.com,
• Human Exploitation is not reserved to distant countries outside the U.S.
• One university study estimated up to 300,000 children in the U.S. are victimized by CSE-Commercial Sexual Exploitation.
• The average age of an underage sex worker is 14 years old, but the FBI states children as young as 9 have been rescued. In the US, the average age of entry into sexual exploitation is 12 years old.
• Pimps are Traffickers
• Johns who buy sex from girls under 18 years of age are Pedophiles
• Teen and Child Prostitutes are victims and should NEVER be arrested (though many times are, while the John and Pimp go free)
• Media should NEVER use the words Teen or Child Prostitutes. It should ALWAYS be referred to as Human Sex Trafficking Victim or Commercial Sexual Exploitation of a Child (CSEC).
• HUMAN TRAFFICKING: (layman's definition) – forcing someone, tricking, coercing, threatening or blackmailing them to perform a commercial sex act (including stripping, porn, etc) or to work while benefiting financially from it. Even offering a teen a happy meal or a bed to sleep in in exchange for having sex is human trafficking.
512-523 – Theresa Flores,
523 – Looking for some fun stuff for you and your family to do? Check out the cool events posted on our Community Calendar over at kkla.com.
523 – Don Rohde @ Galpin Ford (818) 262-2092 (galpin.com) For the past 39 years, Don's been sales manager at Galpin, the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 21 years.
528-539 – Theresa Flores,
544-554 – Theresa Flores,
558-608 – Jean Schroedel, Dean of the School of Politics and Economics at Claremont Graduate University (cgu.edu), and one of my favorite professors in grad school, (though she's a liberal Democrat) tells us what she "sees" as she looks at the 2012 elections.
• Jim Geraghty (NRO, 11/14/2011) War-Gaming the GOP Early Contests, Six Weeks Out.
612-623 – Jean Schroedel,
623 – Download a free Daily Devotional from your favorite KKLA teacher, maybe it's Chuck Swindoll, Allistair Begg, or Greg Laurie, by clicking on Program Guide over at kkla.com.
628-639 – Jean Schroedel,
644-654 – Ron Prentice, Executive Director of the California Family Council (californiafamily.org), and a marriage and family counselor, with an update on today's ruling of the California Supreme Court that campaigns can defend their ballot measures in court when the state refuses to do so, meaning the Protect Marriage campaign can defend Prop 8 in court, perhaps all the way up to SCOTUS.
• Jerry Bowyer (11/16/2011) EU-Topia, Part II: How Europe Was Betrayed.
• LAT (11/17/2011) Prop. 8 sponsors are legally entitled to defend measure, court rules.