400-408 – Bob Makley is an attorney with Berglund & Johnson (berglundandjohnson.com, 1-800-443-4878) representing those families that have been evicted because a slumlord named Darren Stern, who runs Landmark Equity Management, refused to maintain their property up to code.
If you're having any problems where you live, here's the agencies: Fair Housing Council San Fernando Valley – 818-373-1185, Fair Housing Council Riverside – 951-682-6581, Housing Department, Los Angeles City – 818-756-1473, and the Department of Environment Health, Los Angeles County – 818-902-4460.
413-423 – Bob Makley
428-437 – • Fox News (2/8/2011) Pregnant Colorado Woman Reportedly Given Abortion Drug in Error.
443-452 – • Tony Perkins (FRC Washington Update, 2/7/2011) A Sight for Soros Eyes.
458-508 – Carl Moeller, President/CEO of Open Doors USA (opendoorsusa.org), an organization that has been supporting the persecuted church around the world for the past 54 years. Today we talk about Egypt, and the cover story in the current edition of Christianity Today which talks about a popular Muslim translation of the Bible that waters down Jesus being the "son of God."
• Fox News (2/7/2011) Amid Unrest, Egyptian Christians Fear for Their Future.
512-523 – Carl Moeller,
• Basic Bible Translations
1) LITERAL translations match to the original languages on a "word for word" basis, e.g., Interlinear, New American Standard Bible, Amplified, English Standard Version, Revised Standard Version, King James Version, New King James Version, New American Bible.
2) DYNAMIC EQUIVALENCE translations match to the original languages on a "thought for thought" basis, e.g., Holman Christian Standard Version, New Revised Standard Version, New Jerusalem Bible, New International Version, New Century Version, New Living Translation, Good News Bible, Revised English Bible, Contemporary English Version (The Promise).
3) A PARAPHRASE is not really a translation, because it is not constrained by the original language at all. Instead a paraphrase tries to convey merely the larger idea in order to improve readability, e.g., The Living Bible, The Message. NEVER BASE THEOLOGY OR ANY BIBLICAL ARGUMENT ON A PARAPHRASE.
• Collin Hansen (Christianity Today, 2/4/2011) The Son and the Crescent: Bible translations that avoid the phrase "Son of God" are bearing dramatic fruit among Muslims. But that translation has some missionaries and scholars dismayed.
• CBS DFW (2/7/2011) Mandatory Arabic Classes Coming To Mansfield.
528-539 – Carl Moeller
544-554 – Calls
554 – Robert Micone & Bill O'Connor "The Money Guys" from Applied Financial Planning at 866-SEEK-COUNSEL, (866-733-5268, SeekCounsel.com).
558-608 – Dr. Bill Sears (askdrsears.com), is Associate Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at the UC Irvine School of Medicine, a medical and parenting consultant for BabyTalk and Parenting magazines, and for Parenting.com – and father of 8 and grandfather of 9. The author of over 30 books on childcare, including his bestselling The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two. Today we talk about the story out today that children who eat processed foods score lower on IQ tests. Bill's book on this would be Nutrition Deficit Disorder.
Health requires us to stay LEAN, involving our Lifestyle, our Exercise, our Attitudes, and Nutrition.
The best diet includes lots of the four S's: smoothies, salads, salmon, and spices.
The brain triples in volume in the first two years. The best brain foods are salmon, blueberries, spinach, and walnuts.
To avoid Alzheimer's, get regular oil changes – change out the bad oils for the good oils. The bad oils are hydrogenated, processed, cotton, some corn, and vegetable oil. The good oils are fish, flax, olive and nuts.
Grazing is better the gorging – his Rule of 2s – eat twice as often, half as much, chew twice as long, and dine in twice the time.
Go organic in all fruits and vegetables that you don't have to peel. Non-organic bananas and oranges are okay.
Breast feed as often and as long as you can. At 6 months, make your own baby food. At 9 months, introduce your baby to wild salmon.
10% of kids have the "D's": ADD, ADHD, etc. And we're way over-medicating active kids, especially boys. Many boys simply suffer from the 3 "Bs" – bright, bored, boys. In the Ritalin vs. Recess Studies, they found that boys do better after having a recess than they do after taking Ritalin.
Dr. Sears is strongly against Gary Ezzo and his "Growing Kids God's Way" strategy.
Mom's need to learn the We Principle – in this family this is what we eat, how we eat, what we say and how we say it.
Dr. Sears is a huge fan of "Attachment Parenting" – the whole idea behind it is to put yourself behind your child's eyes. The research is investigating the link between brain chemistry and mental health. It seems that early intimacy with mom in the first two years impacts brain chemistry and prevents the onset of some mental illness. Specifically, if the infant learns empathy early on, they will grow to become empathetic toddlers, children, and adults. The lack of empathy is a common thread for many mental disorders.
• AFP (2/8/2011) Junk food diet linked to lower IQ - study.
612-623 – Dr. Bill Sears
628-639 – Dr. Bill Sears
644-656 – Dr. Bill Sears