• We're live on the Frankcam.com today!
• Sign up for an annual subscription of our interruption-free podcasts over at pastorecentral.com and get a free autographed copy of Shattered while supplies last! • Or, be the 9th caller at 888-995-5552 to get one right now! • And, don't forget, the Shattered audio book is now available online, you can listen to a free sample of me reading it over at frankpastore.com.
• Today we're out at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley with pastor John MacArthur for our big KKLA 25th Anniversary Celebration! They're located on Roscoe just west of the 170. It's free, doors open tonight at 6:30pm, so come on down!
400-408 – • LA Times (8/26/2010) L.A. schools chief says district will adopt 'value added' approach. Cortines wants the method based on student test scores to count for at least 30% of instructor evaluations. But the teachers union must consent.
• Community of the Risen (8/25/2010) Value-Added Analysis: Should LAUSD Sign On?
409 – Randy Bishop CEO of Verengo Solar Plus in Orange County (goverengo.com, 877-239-3946).
413-423 – Calls.
428-437 – Calls.
443-452 – Bill and Kathleen Herren from American Vision Windows (AmericanVisionWindows.com, 888-348-8989). Bill has used his talents and treasures from AVW to help support a new upcoming film entitled Like Dandelion Dust (from the Karen Kingsbury novel) in select theaters on September 24th (likedandeliondust.com). And joining us now is the producer Bobby Downs.
458-508 – Alex Harris, and his twin brother Brett launched the website dohardthings.com at the age of 16 (that's gotten over 20 million hits so far), it's an online community where young people encourage one another to get out and do "hard things" – from digging wells in Africa, to building clinics, to getting used shoes from America to those who've never owned shoes in Africa. Their first book was Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations, and now they're out with the follow up Start Here: Doing Hard Things Right Where You Are. Today we talk about God's goodness in the midst of sorrows – in light of the passing of Brett and Alex's mother Sono just eight weeks ago on the 4th of July. And, some of the neat "hard things" kids are doing (dollarforadrink.org, hopesforhope.org, 4others.org)
512-523 – Alex Harris
TH 524 – [2:00] Don Rohde (818) 262-2092. For the past 38 years, Don has been a sales manager at Galpin, the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 20 consecutive years. Galpin has been family-owned and operated for the past 59 years, and 90% of their business is repeat or referral. Galpin offers Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Honda, Mazda, Saturn, Volvo, Jaguar, and Aston Martin. Located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley at Roscoe and the 405.
528-538 – Alex Harris
539 – [2:00] "The Money Guys" – Robert Micone and Bill O'Connor from Applied Financial Planning at 866-SEEK-COUNSEL, that's 866-733-5268 (SeekCounsel.com).
544-554 – Terry Fahy & Dr. John MacArthur, president of the Master's College and Seminary, and pastor of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley (gracechurch.org), author of over 6 dozen books, and heard weekdays at 6:30am and 7:30pm on Grace to You right here on KKLA. My boss, Terry Fahy, presents a plaque to John for their 30 years working together.
558-608 – Paul Karpf, Founder and CEO of Financial Recovery USA (financialrecoveryusa.com, 800-385-0745).
612-623 – Scott Feinerman, Israeli Ministry of Tourism representative (goisrael.com).
628-638 – First half hour replay.
639 – [1:30] – Linda Carpenter from Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast in Big Bear (alpenhorn.com, 888-829-6600).
644-652 – First half hour replay.
• Ken Blackwell and Ken Klukowski (8/26/2010) Disaster Looms If GOP Changes Course On Gay Marriage. "If Republicans flinch on marriage," they write," America could have eight years of President Obama."
• Washington Post (8/25/2010) Glenn Beck rally will be a measure of the tea party's strength.
• Stephen Spruiell, NRO (8/26/2010) No, the GM Bailout Hasn't Succeeded: Look at the books.
• Thomas Sowell (8/20/2010) The Point of No Return: The warnings of Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln have never been more relevant.