400-408 – Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council (frc.org), and co-author with Bishop Harry Jackson of Personal Faith: Public Policy. Today we talk about what's going on with the census.
• FRC (4/7/2010) Nukes of Hazard?
• FRC (4/6/2010) Commerce, Come to Your Census!
413-423 – Tony Perkins
428-437 – Jay Richards, Senior Fellow and Director of Research at the Discovery Institute (discovery.org), and a contributing editor for the Journal of the American Enterprise Institute at American.com, has two earned Ph.D.'s, one in philosophy and the other in theology, and he's the author of a wonderful Christian defense of capitalism entitled Money, Greed, And God: Why Capitalism Is The Solution And Not The Problem (browse).
My Summary: In 2007, 38% of households paid no federal income tax. In 2008, it was 49%. In 2009, it's 47%. A family of four making $50,000, with two kids under 17, pays no tax.
The top 10% pays 73% of all federal taxes.
The bottom 40% actually profit from the federal government, making more in tax credits than they would otherwise owe in taxes.
The "Bush tax cuts for the wealthy" were specifically, a reduction of the highest tax rate from 39.6% to 35%, and reduction of the second highest rate from 36% to 33%. But tax rates were lowered for every income level too.
• Tax Policy Center (4/5/2010) 5 Myths about your taxes.
My Summary: 99.7% of those with annual incomes over $1 million pay federal taxes, averaging 27% of their earnings. The average American pays 18%.
443-452 – Jay Richards
458-508 – Joel Rosenberg (joelrosenberg.com) former communications advisor to the once-former and now-current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and million-selling author of such page-turners as The Last Jihad, The Ezekiel Option, The Copper Scroll, Dead Heat, and his non-fiction Epicenter. His latest Inside The Revolution is now out on DVD as well epicenterconference.com. His forthcoming book, out in October, will be The 12th Imam.
• The Preach the Word Prophecy Conference at Harvest this Saturday is sold out, but you'll be able to watch the webcast at harvest.org beginning at 8am.
• On Tuesday, Joel will be broadcasting live into Iran via satellite with Hormoz Shariat.
• AP (4/7/2010) Iran ridicules Obama's "cowboy" nuclear strategy.
• Fox News, AP (4/7/2010) Obama Bans Islam, Jihad From National Security Strategy Document.
• NRO Symposium (4/7/2010) Nuclear Posturing: Will the president's new policy shift make America more or less secure?
512-523 – Joel Rosenberg
528-538 – Joel Rosenberg
544-554 – Joel Rosenberg
558-608 – Greg Lukianoff, president of F.I.R.E. (Foundation for Individual Rights in Education, thefire.org), is currently working on a book that he's tentatively calling Unlearning Liberty.
612-623 – Greg Lukianoff
628-638 – Dr. Mark Baker, Clinical Psychologist and Executive Director of the La Vie Christian Counseling Centers (laviecounseling.org) in Pasadena and Santa Monica. His book, Jesus, The Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived, has sold almost a million copies around the world! Listen to Mark teach on emotional and spiritual growth at DrMarkBaker.com. And, just for our KKLA listeners, call now for a free 50-minute session with a Christian Counselor by calling (800) 801-5242.
644-652 – Mark Baker
• John Stossel (4/7/2010) What Am I?
• The Washington Times (4/6/2010) Obama honors Christ's sacrifice.
(4:56) PO Honoring Christ full. (President Obama at the Easter Prayer Breakfast at the White House @ 4/6/2010)
(1:03) PO 1 Honoring Christ. Short clip 1.
(1:09) PO 2 Honoring Christ. Short clip 2.
• Alex Pollock (4/7/2010) How to Cut Government Pay: All the U.S. has to do is follow Ireland's example.
• The Vancouver Sun (4/2/2010) Children happier for being spiritual: study.