• Re the Propositions, I've got my Voter's Guide now up at kkla.com, just click on my picture to download the pdf. Basically, it's YES on 32 (break the unions), 33 (cheaper auto insurance), 35 (strengthen antihuman trafficking), 40 (redistricting is okay), and NO on 30 (no to higher school taxes) and everything else 31 (no to regional government), 34 (no to inmate sex changes and ending the death penalty), 36 (no to weakening Three Strikes), 37 (no to unnecessary food labeling), 38 (no to higher school taxes), 39 (no to higher business taxes).
400-408 – Jennifer Walsh, Associate Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and professor of political science at APU (apu.edu/clas/faculty/jwalsh). Her primary research interests include crime policy, such as the Three Strikes sentencing movement, prosecutorial decision-making, and the implementation of public policy at all levels of government.
• Rove's "3-2-1 Strategy" – Romney must win traditionally red Indiana, North Carolina, and Virginia, then win the classic toss-ups Florida and Ohio, and then just one of the remaining states of Iowa, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Nevada, New Hampshire.
• Key States – (in poll closing order) Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio, Florida, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nevada.
• Themes – Big turnout, but who does it favor? Why assume big turnout in a traditionally Democrat area means they're all voting Democrat? The gigantic anxiety is due to the fact that this could be a squeaker or a landslide for either side! The '08 electorate was D-7, '04 was Even, and '00 was D-2. It looks to be less than D-7 this year, which seems to reflect Republican enthusiasm and favor Romney. I'll bet it all comes down to how the Independents break.
• Fox News (11/06/2012) Road to 270: Here's how the presidential candidates could win, lose or draw on election night.
413-423 – Jennifer Walsh,
428-438 – Jennifer Walsh,
443-452 – Jennifer Walsh,
• Bostinno (11/06/2012) What Time Do Polls Close in the 2012 Presidential Election? Complete State by State Map of Election Night. All times Eastern.
6PM – Kentucky
7PM – Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia.
730PM – North Carolina, Ohio, West Virginia
8PM – Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee.
830PM – Arkansas
9PM – Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
10PM – Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, Utah.
11PM – California, Hawaii, Idaho, North Dakota, Oregon, Washington
1AM – Alaska
458-508 – Scott Waller, Assistant Professor of Political Science at Biola, who earned his Ph.D. from my alma mater Claremont Graduate University (faculty.biola.edu/scott_waller, and on Twitter @ProfWaller).
512-523 – Scott Waller, Why electoral college? turnout and independents? Voter fraud? Blue/Red states? City slickers vs. Farmers?
528-539 – Scott Waller,
544-554 – Scott Waller,
558-608 – Calls – I want to know what it was like for you to vote today! Especially, those of you who are first-time voters, or immigrants who grew up in another country. What does it mean for you to exercise the right to cast your ballot? Do you remember your first time? If your kids went with you, did they say anything cute? For all our faults, aren't we still the greatest country in the world? Anything interesting happen at your polling place today? Were their long lines? Did you have to show any ID? Do you think having to do so is "voter suppression?" Are you concerned that your vote may be nullified due to voter fraud? Did you witness any politicking at your location – like Obama banners on the wall, or voter-intimidation like the New Black Panther member outside the Philly voting site? What are your fears and concerns if the "other guy" wins, and hopes if "your guy" wins?
612-623 – Calls –
628-639 – Calls –
644-656 – Calls –
• Sharona Schwartz (Blaze, 11/06/2012) 'I SPIT IN YOUR FACE!': MOTHER GOADS PALESTINIAN GIRL TO PUSH, SCREAM AT IDF SOLDIERS IN PROPAGANDA VIDEO THAT BACKFIRES.
• Fox News (11/06/2012) New Black Panthers back at Philly voting site.
• Examiner (11/06/2012) Former SEALs, special forces to observe, report Black Panthers at polling places.
• Foreign Policy (11/06/2012) Foreign election officials amazed by trust-based U.S. voting system.