400-408 – John Eastman, Chairman of the Board, National Organization for Marriage (nationformarriage.org), Professor of Law & Community at Chapman University School of Law where he was also Dean from 2007 to 2010 before stepping down to pursue a bid for California Attorney General. He is the founding Director of the Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence at the Claremont Institute. John has participated in over 60 cases before the SCOTUS, and written more than three dozen book chapters and scholarly articles. He earned his J.D. at the University of Chicago, and his Ph.D. in Government from Claremont Graduate School.
• Fox News (5/14/2012) Obama, touting gay marriage stance, calls for repeal of Defense of Marriage Act.
• Fox News (5/15/2012) Timing of gay marriage announcement paying dividends for Obama. $21M.
413-423 – John Eastman, When you look at the electoral battlefield, what's a distraction and what's important? Is Obama's DOMA decision a big deal? No, it's a distraction.
• Washington Examiner (5/15/2012) Shock Poll: Romney now leads among women. Romney leads women 46-44 (an 8-point swing in April!), and men 45-42. Where's the "Republican War on Women"? Funny…. women care about the economy, just like men.
President Obama's claim that the GOP is mounting a war on women has proven to be a failure. A month into his assault on the Republicans and Mitt Romney, the new CBS-New York Times poll shows that the GOP presidential candidate now leads among women--and men.
Since April, women have gone from strongly backing Obama to endorsing Romney. In April, Obama held a 49 percent to 43 percent lead among women. That has now flipped to 46 percent backing Romney with 44 percent for Obama, an 8-point switch.
Ironically, Romney's support among men has dropped, but he still edges Obama 45 percent to 42 percent.
And here's a surprise: Despite the media hyping the so-called war on women, no major outlet today noticed Romney's new lead with women voters.
"This is unbelievable," said conservative consultant Greg Mueller. "The CBS story manages to not mention the change in women numbers," he said, adding sarcastically. "No media bias here -- Obama is getting fluffy stories about his commencement speech to women at Barnard -- so we better bury the reality."
• (1:04) Obama Campaign Deputy Manager Stephanie Cutter with Chuck Todd on MSNBC this morning.
• Washington Examiner (5/15/2012) Obama campaign: New York Times poll is 'biased'.
428-438 – John Eastman, What's at stake in this election?
443-452 – • Mike Flynn (Breitbart, 5/14/2012) DEMS ATTACK ROMNEY OVER LAYOFFS MADE BY OBAMA BUNDLER. Romney left Bain in 1999, GST Steel in Kansas City shut down in 2001.
(2:00) YouTube, "Steel."
(1:15) Real Clear Politics (5/14/2012) Former Obama Car Czar Calls Romney Attack Ad "Unfair."
On "Morning Joe" today, former Obama "car czar" Steve Rattner denounced a new campaign ad that attacks Mitt Romney for business decisions he made during his tenure at Bain Capital.
Specifically, the ad targets Romney and Bain Capital for the private equity firm's decision to acquire GST Steel and the jobs that were lost under their control.
Rattner called the ad "unfair" and defended Romney's decision at Bain Capital. Rattner says Romney's job was to make profits for the firm's investors, not save jobs.
"I think the ad is unfair. Mitt Romney made a mistake ever talking about the fact that he created 100,000 jobs. Bain Capital's responsibility was not to create 100,000 jobs or some other number. It was to create profits for his investors, most of whom were pension funds, endowments and foundations. It did it superbly, acting within the rules and acting very responsibly and was a leading firm," Ratner said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" on Monday.
"So I do think to pick out an example of somebody who lost their job unfortunately, this is part of capitalism, this is part of life. And I don't think there's anything Bain Capital did that they need to be embarrassed about," he said.
• The Blaze (5/14/2012) WHAT THEY DON'T MENTION: LAID OFF STEELWORKER IN ANTI-ROMNEY AD WAS OFFERED A BUYOUT.
• Washington Post (5/14/2012) Obama ad calls Mitt Romney's Bain Capital firm a 'vampire'.
458-508 – Three women from Reality Check LA join us (realitycheckla.org, 310-820-2560), the risk-avoidance & pregnancy prevention program of the Westside Pregnancy Clinic (wpclinic.org). Talitha Phillips is the Director of the Westside Pregnancy Clinic, Joanna Hyatt is the outgoing Director of Reality Check, and Christie Myers, is the new Director of Reality Check. The teens and young adults site is yourrealitycheck.org.
•• The Westside Pregnancy Clinic is hosting another Sex, Etc. conference at Bel Air Presbyterian, this Saturday, May 19th from 9am to 4pm, addressing: Pornography, Abortion/Post-Abortion Recovery, Unplanned Pregnancy, and Teens & Sex (wpclinic.org/sexetc). The cost is $20 at the door, which includes all conference resources, lunch, and an audio CD of all sessions (one CD per church with no limit on reproductions). Register online at wpclinic.org/sexetc. Both Talitha and Joanna will be presenting.
From the Website – Reality Check, sponsored by the Westside Pregnancy Clinic (WPC), is a unique sexual and relational health education program created specifically for middle and high school aged adolescents. This informative program is designed to prevent teenage pregnancy through the promotion of sexual integrity and emphasizes the emotional, physical and social benefits of postponing sex. From classrooms to assemblies, the message is presented through personal stories, and dynamic oratory. Our method equips adolescents with medically accurate information and resources they need to build healthy relationships, make educated decisions about their body and to increase their self esteem. These dynamic presentations are made available to schools and community venues throughout Los Angeles County. Their four talks are: 1) Sex and Health (STDs), 2) Sex and Your Future (abortion/pregnancy), 3) Sex and the Media (porn), and 4) Healthy Dating and Relationships.
• Did you know that HPV is now causing more instances of throat and neck cancer than smoking? Does your child know that "yes, you can get HIV-AIDS and STD's from oral sex?" 25% of teen girls have an STD. 9 million girls, age 15-25, will get an STD this year. Did you know condoms are only 50% effective against HPV, chlamydia, syphilis and gonorrhea? Or that the HPV vaccine only reduces your risk against 4 or the 40 HPV viruses, and none of the STDs.
• Hooked: New Science on How Casual Sex is Affecting Our Children (Amazon). God created literal "love drugs" "cuddle hormones" that are released at orgasm to promote bonding with the other person: oxytocin (M&F), vasopressin (M, "the monogamy molecule"), dopamine (M&F), prolactin (M&F). They are also released when you're alone.
512-523 – Christie Myers, Joanna Hyatt & Talitha Phillips,
528-539 – Christie Myers, Joanna Hyatt & Talitha Phillips,
544-554 – Christie Myers, Joanna Hyatt & Talitha Phillips,
558-608 – Rabbi Emeritus Stuart Dauermann, of Ahavat Zion Messianic Synagogue and the Interfaith Center of Beverly Hills (interfaithcenter.us) joins us to talk about improving the relationship between Jews and Christians.
• Coming up Sunday, June 24th, at the Interfaith Center (corner of Gregory and S. Beverly Drive), they're hosting a workshop entitled "Seven Spiritual Secrets of True Intimacy" for couples in interfaith relationships, but not exclusively. Get more info at interfaithcenter.us, or by calling 424-245-4342. Don't forget to sign up for their newsletter!
612-623 – Rabbi Stuart Dauermann, What is replacement theology?
628-639 – Rabbi Stuart Dauermann, So is your "Jewishness" merely ethnic, or is it elevated to spiritual or religious significance. Messiah or Divinity?
644-656 – Rabbi Stuart Dauermann,
• The Blaze (5/15/2012) MEET THE 23-YEAR-OLD OBAMA HIRED TO HEAD HIS RELIGIOUS CAMPAIGN OUTREACH.