400-408 – Calls – Do you think there will be more people who vote for or against Obama because of his decision to make public his ongoing continued support of same-sex marriage?
Who will there be more of: those who will not be voting for him again, or those who will now be voting for him for the first time? Are there more offended Obama-supporters, or more enamored independents and undecideds?
If you voted for him last time, has he lost your vote? If you didn't vote for him last time, has he won your vote?
Is the "Christians won't vote for a Mormon" thing now history? If one of the concerns has been "how to get social-conservatives and Christians on board," didn't yesterday initiate a stampede for first class?
How many blacks will now vote their religion rather than their race? And vote their values rather than their skin color?
If it's more about raising money than winning votes, how will he use that money to win more votes?
• The George Clooney $40,000 per head fundraiser for 150 "1%-ers" begins tonight in Studio City at 6:30pm, the tickets alone will raise $6 million, and with $9 million from other sources the total take will be in excess of $15 million – more in one night than in Romney's best month.
(:15) President Obama last night endorsing same sex marriage on ABC.
• Breitbart (5/10/2012) OBAMA: 'SAME-SEX MARRIAGE SHOULD BE LEGAL,' STATES SHOULD DECIDE.
...President Obama's "evolution" coincides with discontent from gay and progressive super PAC donors, as reported in the Washington Post:
Some leading gay and progressive donors are so angry over President Obama's refusal to sign an executive order barring same sex discrimination by federal contractors that they are refusing to give any more money to the pro-Obama super PAC, a top gay fundraiser's office tells me. In some cases, I'm told, big donations are being withheld.
• Matt Lewis (Daily Caller, 5/10/2012) Cracks in the Washington Post story on Romney's 'pranks' emerge.
• Joel Pollack (5/11/2012) PREMATURE ELATION: OBAMA'S STATES' RIGHTS HYPOCRISY.
• Fox News (5/10/2012) Obama raising Hollywood cash on heels of gay marriage endorsement.
• The Hill (5/10/2012) Reid: Democratic party platform will include pro-gay-marriage plank.
413-423 – Calls –
428-438 – (1:07) • The Blaze (5/10/2012) NANCY PELOSI: MY CATHOLIC FAITH 'COMPELS' ME TO SUPPORT SAME-SEX MARRIAGE.
443-452 – Calls –
458-508 – Ayesha Robinson, 5th-6th Grade Special Ed teacher at Loren Miller Elementary School in South Central (Loren Miller Elementary School, 323.752.4445), who had sent me an email back in March about how she needed to get her kids up to an event at UCLA, but because of budget cuts, was unable to do so. You guys stepped up, along with huge support from Pastor Steve Mays and Calvary Chapel South Bay, who enabled the kids to not only attend the event, but fed them as well!
512-523 – Ayesha Robinson,
TH 523 – Don Rohde, sales manager at Galpin Ford for the past 40 years – "Call Don's cell at (818) 262-2092 and go see for yourself why they've been the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 22 consecutive years!"
528-539 – Ayesha Robinson,
• Breitbart (5/10/2012) ONE MILLION RECALL SIGNATURES AND ONLY 650K VOTES?
544-554 – Dr. William Baugh of Full Spectrum Dermatology, invites everyone out to their iCureMelanoma 5K Run coming up on Saturday, May 19, 2012 at Laguna Road Elementary School in Fullerton. The race to Laguna Lake starts at 8am, (children's race starts) the cost is $40, and there'll be free skin cancer screenings – and every year they have found patients with cancer! To register, go to melanomacure.org, or call 714-292-6146.
Days before Chad Williams was to report to military duty in Great Lakes, Illinois, he turned on a television and was greeted with the horrifying images of his mentor, US Navy SEAL Scott Helvenston, being brutally murdered in a premeditated ambush on the roads of Fallujah, Iraq. Steeled in his resolve, Chad followed in Scott's footsteps and completed the US military's most difficult and grueling training to become a Navy SEAL. One of only 13 from a class of 173 to make it straight through to graduation, Chad served his country on SEAL Teams One and Seven for five years, completing tours of duty in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Iraq.
Part memoir, part evangelism piece, SEAL of God follows Chad's journey through the grueling Naval Ops training and onto the streets of Iraq, where he witnessed the horrors of war up close. Along the way, Chad shares his own radical conversion story and talks about how he draws on his own experiences as a SEAL to help others better understand the depths of Christ's sacrifice and love.
612-623 – Chad Williams,
• Fox News (5/3/2011) Navy SEALs Exhibit the Ultimate Mental Toughness. Currently, there are about 2,500 active duty Navy SEALs with nine SEAL teams dispersed throughout the East and West Coasts. Every year, about 1,000 men start SEAL training with only 200 to 250 making it through the grueling process.
• Official Website of the US Navy SEALS. See their training manual!
628-639 – Chad Williams,
644-656 – Chad Williams,
LINER [HOURLY] – Pastors, you're invited to our annual Pastor Appreciation Luncheon next Thursday, May 17th, at Biola, with Family Life's Dennis Rainey (heard weekdays at 830am). And, to all of our listeners – listen up! – y'all come to our big, free, listener event for you that evening at 7pm at Biola also with Dennis Rainey. Both events are free, just pre-register at kkla.com.
• Jerry Bowyer (Forbes, 5/9/2012) God and Economics, the Video: How Sound Economic Policies Lead to Prosperity.