400-413 (FPP) – Andy Bales, Pops, Lala, Teresa, and Ryan join us from Union Rescue Mission (urm.org). "Your donation to the Union Rescue Mission transforms lives for Christ. To help, call Andy's cell today at 626-260-4761."
413-423 – (5X) News conference of special prosecutor Angela Corey announcing that George Zimmerman will be charged with second-degree murder (no premeditation) in the death of Trayvon Martin.
•• AP (4/11/2012 @ 6:27 PM EDT) Second-degree murder charge in Trayvon Martin case.
428-438 – Calls – Can he get a fair trial? Will this soothe race relations?
443-452 – Open?
458-508 – Randy Newman, has been on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ since 1980, and currently serves with their Faculty Commons ministry to university professors in Washington DC. Randy is perhaps best-known for his books on practical evangelism, grown out of decades of mistakes and frustrations in attempting to lead his Jewish family to Christ. His books are Bringing the Gospel Home: Witnessing to Family Members, Close Friends, and Others Who Know You Well (2011) (Amazon); Corner Conversations: Engaging Dialogues About God and Life (2006) (Amazon); and Questioning Evangelism: Engaging People's Hearts the Way Jesus Did (2004) (Amazon). He and Pam live in Virginia and have three grown sons. He blogs and offers insights about evangelism at randydavidnewman.com.
• You may have heard him last week, April 2-3-4, on Family Life, heard weekday mornings on KKLA at 830am.
• Randy says not to wait for a comfortable moment to share Christ with loved ones, but to step out in faith, asking God to pave the way. He explains his three keys to witnessing: it takes time so come up with starter questions, love and the comprehensiveness of the Christian worldview, and shares how cultivating meaningful relationships is an essential part of witnessing.
512-523 – Randy Newman,
528-539 – Randy Newman,
544-554 – Randy Newman,
558-608 – Bob Cornuke, is a former law enforcement professional investigator, who takes his experience as a CSI and SWAT team member to do "historical autopsies" in search of Bible artifacts. He's earned the reputation as the "Christian Indiana Jones" – he's been on over 30 expeditions around the world searching for the Ark of the Covenant, Noah's Ark, Paul's shipwreck on Malta, and the actual location of Mt. Sinai in Arabia. He's the President of the BASE Institute – the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration Institute in Colorado Springs (baseinstitute.org). He's got a Ph.D. in Bible and Theology from Louisiana Baptist University – and he's even featured on a Trivial Pursuit card about Mt. Sinai! His latest video is The Lost Shipwreck of Paul out of Acts 27 and 28. Bob was on back in December, and shared that he would not be able to watch his show on The History Channel because his daughter had an event at school – he had 5 segments featured on their "Proving God" show.
• Where is the real Mt. Sinai? Bob is confident it is not on the Sinai Peninsula, but actually in northwest Saudi Arabia, in the land of Midian. Why? Because Galatians 4:25 says Mt. Sinai is in Arabia, and many early church fathers cited the location in Arabia too. Even today, locals in the are refer to the mountain as Jabal Moussa, The Mountain of Moses. Atop this mountain, that many believe is a volcano, are rocks that are charred and burnt. But, they are not volcanic, but metamorphic – they're granite. Around the mountain are all kinds of confirming evidence, including altars, Hebrew artifacts, boundaries erected every 400 yards, etc. Perhaps most spectacularly, there is a 40' split rock beneath which a dry waterfall remains, displaying evidence of massive erosion washing away the mountain side – this in an area that gets about half-an-inch of water every 10 years! Bob "Sludge" Cornuke has recently been introduced to additional artifacts from the region, as of December 2011, including a photograph of a display of Egyptian gold jewelry with Hebrew inscriptions taken from the base of the mountain that allegedly was snapped in a Riyadh museum. To learn more, check out the DVD entitled Mountain of Fire at baseinstitute.org.
612-623 – Bob Cornuke,
628-639 – Bob Cornuke,
644-654 – Bob Cornuke, will be hosting another Footsteps of Paul trip this summer, from July 16-27, and he'll be dragging along his friend Frank Turek to Malta, Rome, Pompeii, Ephesus, Athens, Corinth, Santorini, and Istanbul. If you wanna join them, get more info at livingpassages.com/footsteps-of-paul-malta, or call 888-771-8717.
Dr. Frank Turek, author, speaker, radio and television host, and columnist – Frank is a former Naval Aviator (navigator and bombardier, aka the P3 Orion) with a Master's from George Washington University and a Ph.D. in Apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary, and as founder of crossexamined.org, debates regularly on college and university campuses – he debated Christopher Hitchens twice – and he's been on many radio and tv shows. He's author or co-author of three books: Correct, Not Politically Correct: How Same-Sex Marriage Hurts Everyone (2008) (Amazon); I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist (with Norm Geisler in 2004) (Amazon); and Legislating Morality: Is It Wise? Is It Legal? Is It Possible? (with Norm Geisler in 2003) (Amazon). Catch Frank Wednesday Nights at 9pm & 1am on DirecTV Ch. 378.
• Christian Post (4/11/2012) Bubba Watson Speaks About Giving His Life to Jesus, PGA Bible Study.
• Christian Post (4/9/2012) Bubba Watson Glorifies Jesus Christ After First Masters Win on Easter.
• NRO Editors (4/11/2012) Buffetted by Tax Hikes.