400-408 – Carey Nieuwhof, is the co-author of Parenting Beyond Your Capacity: Connect Your Family to a Wider Community, joins us to talk about "Discipleship Discipline" – all about changing hearts not just controlling behaviors (careynieuwhof.com, orangeparents.org). Go to orangeparents.org, and click on the "Church Finder" to find others families using the virtue curriculum. It's "orange" because if you blend (Red is family, yellow is the church, so blend them.)
• "Parent with the end in mind, what kind of a person do you want them to be at 25?"
• "If you don't have the relationship, it's hard to have the conversation."
• "I don't talk on my cell phone when my family's with me."
• "Every parent is on the journey from being a rule parent to being a relationship parent, from control to influence. You start out emphasizing rules and control when they're young, but that transitions into relationship and influence as they reach their teens. This parallels the truth and grace dynamic in Scripture. We need both, but in proper balance."
413-423 – Carey Nieuwhof,
423 - Go to kkla.com right now and be one of only 20 families to win a free-range turkey from Shelton's! Go now!
428-438 – Carey Nieuwhof, • "God doesn't want to be the fine China, he want's to be the everyday tableware."
443-452 – Carey Nieuwhof, • "Your tweens are going to withdraw, don't you withdraw – be "there" for them."
458-508 – Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (aifdemocracy.org), an organization "committed to demonstrating the synergy of American democracy and its founding principles with the religion of Islam," refers to himself as a "Jeffersonian Muslim," he is a former Navy Lieutenant Commander in the Medical Corps, former president of the Arizona Medical Association, and today is an Internist in private practice in Phoenix. Check out the excellent documentary he narrates, The Third Jihad (thethirdjihad.com). AIFD has launched "The Muslim Liberty Project" for the purpose of inoculating youth against radicalization, and helping families deal with their children perhaps becoming radicalized. And, as a result of the recent hearings in Washington, Zuhdi is no longer the lone voice talking about modernization. Now, there's this coalition, americanislamicleadership.org. In response to the recent humanitarian crisis in Syria, Zuhdi was part of the team that started savesyrianow.com.
512-523 – Dr. Zuhdi Jasser,
523- Looking for some fun stuff for you and your family to do? Check out the cool events posted on our Community Calendar over at kkla.com.
528-539 – Hugh Ross is the founder and president of Reasons to Believe (reasons.org), and is both an astrophysicist (Ph.D., University of Toronto) and a pastor, the author of fourteen books, including The Creator and the Cosmos, Why the Universe Is the Way It Is, and his latest (which I endorsed) entitled Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job: How the Oldest Book in the Bible Answers Today's Scientific Questions (Amazon).
• Fox News (11/20/2011) Mysterious Whale Graveyard Unearthed in Chilean Desert.
544-554 – Hugh Ross
558-608 – Victoria Childress, owner of Victoria's Cake Cottage in Des Moines (weddingcakesdesmoines.com), refused to do a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, and now may be facing a civil rights discrimination lawsuit since sexual orientation was added to the Iowa Civil Rights Act in 2007 and Iowa legalized same-sex marriage in 2009.
• The Blaze (11/17/2011) LESBIAN COUPLE MAY SUE CHRISTIAN BAKER WHO REFUSED TO MAKE THEIR WEDDING CAKE.
• Life Site News (11/16/2011) Lesbian couple mulls action against Christian wedding cake baker.
612-623 – Victoria Childress,
623 - Download a free Daily Devotional from your favorite KKLA teacher, maybe it's Chuck Swindoll, Alistair Begg, or Greg Laurie, by clicking on Program Guide over at kkla.com.
628-639 – Brad Dacus, President of the Pacific Justice Institute (pacificjustice.org),
644-654 – Brad Dacus,
• Ramesh Ponnuru (NRO, 11/21/2011) The Freeloader Myth.
• Pat Caddell & Douglas Schoen (11/21/2011) The Hillary Moment: President Obama can't win by running a constructive campaign, and he won't be able to govern if he does win a second term.
• 247 Wall Street (10/12/2011) America's Disappearing Restaurant Chains. They are: Bennigan's Grill & Tavern, Ground Round Grill & Bar, Bakers Square, Damon's Grill & Sports Bar, Don Pablo's, Gloria Jean's Coffees, Big Boy, Tony Roma's, Country Kitchen, and Black Angus Steakhouse.