400-408 – De L'Esprie was a college student who loved art, but didn't think she could make a living at it, so she studied business and counseling. However, her art not only ended up paying her way through school, she has become a world-renowned bronze statue artist with work collected and displayed all over the world – including at the Ronald Reagan Library, Angel Stadium, Disneyland, the Crystal Cathedral, the Orange County Firefighters Memorial, at the Janss Mall in Thousand Oaks, the Promenade in Westlake Village, the Commons in Calabasas (delesprie.com). And, she's a Christian!
423 – The FREE Line In The Sand event is coming to the Rose Bowl, Saturday, November 11th, pre-register at kkla.com.
413-423 – De L'Esprie
428-438 – De L'Esprie
443-452 – De L'Esprie
458-508 – Ken Timmerman, investigative reporter, witness to the persecuted church, president of the Foundation for Democracy in Iran (iran.org), and bestselling author, including his latest about the persecuted church in Iraq entitled St. Peter's Bones (kentimmerman.com). Next Friday (11/11/11), he'll join a star-studded cast of experts at the Sharia Awareness conference in Chattanooga (info) (shariafreeusa.com).
512-523 – Ken Timmerman
528-539 – Bishop Harry Jackson, leader of the International Communion of Evangelical Churches based in Beltsville, Md., (thehopeconnection.org), and co-author with Tony Perkins of Personal Faith: Public Policy.
• Charlie Spiering (Washington Examiner, 11/4/2011) Politico publishes 90 stories on Cain scandal. Since last Sunday! Tell me they're not heavily biased!
544-554 – Bishop Harry Jackson
558-608 – • Blaze (11/4/2011) JUDGE'S DAUGHTER SPEAKS OUT ON RELEASING VIOLENT BEATING VIDEO: 'I FINALLY SNAPPED.
• Statement by Judge William Adams (pdf). Key Points: She has CP but isn't disabled. She was a piano prodigy who has competed at Carnegie Hall several times. Hillary was so upset with her dad that she chose to live with dad – not mom –after the divorce. Dad was cutting her off, taking away her Mercedes, because she dropped out of college just two classes short of graduating and seems content to work part time in a video game store. Dad has joint custody of a 10-year-old daughter.
• Fox News (11/3/2011) Police Won't File Charges Against Texas Judge Caught on Video Beating Daughter. Though the five-year statute of limitation has passed for criminal proceedings, he is currently under investigation by the state's judicial conduct commission and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. He is up for re-election in three years. Adams has joint custody of his 10-year-old daughter from the 2007 divorce, and the child lives primarily with her mother, Hallie Adams.
// As Aransas County's top judge, he has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.
County officials confirmed that Adams will not hear cases related to Child Protective Services for at least the next two weeks. And the top administrator in Aransas County cast doubt on whether Adams could credibly return to the bench.
"I would think it would be very difficult," said Aransas County Judge C.H. "Burt" Mills Jr. "Personally I don't see how he can recover from this."
If the judicial commission and police investigations don't lead to punishment or charges, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.
// During an interview with her and her mother Thursday on NBC's "Today" show, Hillary Adams said her father regularly beat her for a period of time. She has repeatedly said she didn't post the clip to spite her father, and that she hopes it forces him to seek help.
Her mother blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on an "addiction." She called it a "family secret," but declined to elaborate. //
612-623 – Calls – Now what do you think?
(:53) Ed Schultz interviewing Leo Gerard on 10/17/2011.
• Jack Coleman (Newsbusters, 11/2/2011) Union Chief Leo Gerard: 'Resistance Movement' Needed to Seize Bridges, Banks in Case OWS Fails.
GERARD: You're damn right Wall Street occupiers speak for us. They do in Pittsburgh, they do in Chicago, they do in Oakland, they do in San Francisco, they do all across the country. And I think what we need is, we need more militancy.
SCHULTZ: What does that mean, more militancy?
GERARD: I think we've got to start a resistance movement. If Wall Street occupation doesn't get the message, I think we've got to start blocking bridges and doing that kind of stuff. This doesn't have to be this way. The economy doesn't have to be this way. It's being put this way because the Wall Streeters are getting their way.
GERARD: Then we lost the House 'cause the House got blamed for what the Senate didn't do and now we got a bunch of right-wing nut jobs running the House of Representatives. And in the last period of time, what do we got now, almost two years, a year and a half, that the only thing they've done is bring forward social bills, they haven't brought forward one jobs bill, not one jobs bill, Ed, not one jobs bill and that's what they ran on.
GERARD: And no wonder people are occupying. We oughta be doing more than occupying parks. We oughta start occupying bridges. We start oughta occupying the banks places themselves. I mean, I just think that this is nuts.
• Go to unionfacts.com to find what your union leaders make.
• Union Facts, Leo Gerard. Running a union is good money: Gerard's 2010 compensation was $188K, and he made $177K in 2009, and $193K in 2008.
• Steelworkers have 12 people making more than $150,000 a year.
• SEIU has 15 people making more than $200,000 a year!
• Teamsters have 38 people making more than $150,000 a year!
• American Federation of Teachers have 80 people making more than $150,000 a year!
• Rich Lowry (NRO, 11/4/2011) The Lawless Heart of OWS: It's already ugly and will probably get more so.
• Charles Cook (NRO, 11/3/2011) Is the Tide Turning for OWS? Local residents abandon political sympathies in favor of law and order.
628-639 – • Fox News (11/3/2011) Student Suspended for Breaking School's Zero-Tolerance No-Hugging Policy.
(2:06) No Hugs full. (Newscaster Valerie Boey on Fox News 35 in Palm Bay, FL on 11/3/2011.)
(:18) Hugs short 1- school spokesperson. (Christine Davis, spokesperson for Brevard County School.)
(:08) Hugs short 2- mom. (Nancy Crecente, mother of involved student, Nick Martinez, on the topic.)
644-654 – • Blaze (11/4/2011) AIR FORCE ACADEMY BACKTRACKS ON CHRISTMAS TOY DRIVE BECAUSE IT'S TOO CHRISTIAN.
• Fox News (11/4/2011) Expectant South African Couple Discover They Are Brother and Sister.
• Peggy Noonan (WSJ, 11/4/2011) Happy Days Aren't Here Again: Why the Democratic Party still lays claim to Americans' affection.
• Popwatch (11/3/2011) Glee scoop: Why next week's sex-themed episode, 'The First Time,' is a game-changer.