400-408 – Steve Arterburn, host of New Life Live (newlife.com), heard weekdays at 2pm, is out with a new book entitled Walking Into Walls: The Five Blind Spots That Prevent God From Working In Your Life (Amazon). They are: 1) Stubborn Resistance, 2) Arrogant Entitlement, 3) Justifiable Resentment, 4) Disconnected Isolation, and 5) Blind Ignorance.
• Steve will be out at Faith Community Church in West Covina this coming Friday night (10/7) from 7-9pm, to tape an episode of Friday Night Live!, along with Dr. John Townsend, and Dr. Sheri Denham. It's a free event and there's no need to register – just come on out! – it's your chance to be part of a live audience, and maybe your question will make it on the future radio show. They'll be giving away lots of prizes too, including a 2-night stay at two different hotels in Irvine, an iPod Shuffle pre-loaded with New Life material, and a book-basket filled with books from their co-hosts.
• Steve offers the first 10 people to come up to him on Friday night and say "I'm a fan of Frank's", will get a signed new book.
413-423 – Steve Arterburn,
428-438 – Steve Arterburn,
443-452 – Steve Arterburn,
458-508 – Calls – Tommy Lobel, age 11, calls himself Tammy, and he's undergoing controversial hormone blocking treatment in Berkeley to stop him from going through puberty as a boy. His lesbian parents, Pauline Moreno and Debra Lobel, view the treatments as suicide prevention. They claim Tommy told them via sign-language at the age of 3 "I am girl," then at age 7 he threatened genital mutilation to make himself a girl, after which he was soon diagnosed with gender identity disorder. He now wears a patch that will keep him a pre-pubescent boy until he has, as his parents say, has "figured it out for himself whether he wants to be a boy or a girl."
• Mail Online (9/30/2011) The little boy who started a sex change aged eight because he (and his lesbian parents) knew he always wanted to be a girl. Parents say it's better for Thomas to have sex change before he is adult.
512-523 – Calls – Do you give 11 year olds what they want just because they threaten you?
528-539 – Calls –
544-554 – Calls –
558-608 – Calls –
612-623 – Calls –
628-639 – Attorney Tom Gehring ((310) 264-7745) updates us on some of the recent cases of discrimination against Christians. Cases where a student was punished for telling a friend that he thought homosexuality was wrong, a case where an at-home Bible study was told they were actually a church, a case where a teacher was punishing students for saying "God Bless You" after sneezed, and the case of high school coaches being disciplined for bowing their heads during a pre-game prayer.
644-654 – Tom Gehring
• Frank Tarkenton (WSJ, 10/3/2011) What if the NFL Played by Teachers' Rules? Imagine a league where players who make it through three seasons could never be cut from the roster. Mr. Tarkenton, an NFL Hall of Fame quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings and the New York Giants from 1961 to 1978, is an entrepreneur who runs two websites devoted to small business education.
• Peter Thiel (NRO, 10/3/2011) The End of the Future. Peter Thiel, the founding CEO of PayPal, is an American entrepreneur and venture capitalist. As an undergraduate he founded the Stanford Review, a conservative/libertarian newspaper at Stanford University.
• Deroy Murdock (NRO, 10/3/2011) Obama Proudly Declares Class War: But the rich are already getting soaked.
• John McKinnon (WSJ, 10/3/2011) Cain Tax Proposal Piques Left, Right.
• FoxNews (10/1/2011) State Media Reports Iranian Pastor Facing Execution for Rape, Not Religion.