400-408 – Pat Nolan, Vice President of Prison Fellowship, who directs their Justice Fellowship program (justicefellowship.org), that advocates for reform based on the Biblical principle of restorative justice, helping offenders better prepare to live healthy, productive, law-abiding lives after their release. Pat was in the California State Assembly for 16 years, before going to prison for 25 months for racketeering – he accepted a bribe in an FBI sting. His book is entitled When Prisoners Return, all about how the public can helping prisoners lead healthy, productive lives after their release.
• Pat Nolan (NRO, 9/27/2011) The Gibson Raid: Much to Fret About. Federal prosecutors are proving themselves too highly strung.
413-423 – Pat Nolan,
428-438 – Pat Nolan,
443-452 – Pat Nolan,
458-508 – Sam Childers, is an ex-biker-gang member and drug dealer who today is the founder of the Angels of East Africa, an organization responsible for the rescue of over a thousand orphans from starvation, disease and enslavement in East Africa, in the very heart of the brutal Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), a rescue that often includes armed missions deep into enemy territory. Sam shares the whole story in his book Another Man's War. But, the "Hollywood" version of his pre-2008 story is now out in the movie Machine Gun Preacher, starring Gerard Butler (of 300 fame) (machinegunpreacher.org/movie). Sam is here for the opening, but returns to Africa on Tuesday. It's playing this weekend at the AMC Century City and the Arclight in Hollywood.
512-523 – Sam Childers,
528-539 – Calls – "God I want to thank you for…"
544-554 – Calls – "God I want to thank you for…"
558-608 – Calls – "God I want to thank you for…"
612-623 – Calls – "God I want to thank you for…"
628-639 – Calls – "God I want to thank you for…"
644-654 – Calls – "God I want to thank you for…"
• Fox News (9/30/2011) Two U.S.-Born Terrorists Killed in CIA-Led Drone Strike. The strike hit a vehicle with three or four suspected Al Qaeda members inside, in addition to Anwar al-Awlaki. According to a U.S. senior official, the other American militant killed in the strike was Samir Khan, the co-editor of an English-language Al Qaeda web magazine called "Inspire."
• Fox News (9/30/2011) U.S. Military Chaplains May Perform Same-Sex Unions.
• Charles Krauthammer (NRO, 9/30/2011) Land Without Peace: Why Abbas went to the U.N.
• Dennis Prager (NRO, 9/27/2011) Palestinians Want Peace — Just Not with a Jewish State. They insist on ignoring the Jews' ancient roots in the Holy Land.
• WSJ (9/30/2011) Profile: An American Jihadist. The death of radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki marks the end of an unlikely saga in which an American-born man became one of the U.S.'s most-wanted terrorists for his role as a jihadist recruiter in the West.
• WSJ (9/30/2011) Top Al Qaeda Figure Killed.
• Peggy Noonan (WSJ, 9/30/2011) Once Upon a Time in America: A troubled nation needs a real leader, not a storyteller.
• Stephen Moore (WSJ, 9/30/2011) Flat Is the New Fair: Is President Obama paving the way for GOP tax reform?
• LA Times Blog (9/29/2011) Oregon couple convicted in son's faith-healing death.