400-408 – • MSNBC (9/7/2011) GOP debate features first appearance for Perry. Aides privately acknowledge that he doesn't count debating among his strongest skills. The debate at the Reagan Library starts tonight at 5pm Pacific. NBC News and POLITICO are sponsoring the debate, which will be moderated by NBC News anchor Brian Williams and POLITICO editor-in-chief John Harris.
• MSNBC (9/7/2011) US falls to 5th in global competitiveness, survey shows. Huge deficits and lack of faith in government push nation down the list. The World Economic Forum issued its rankings of the world's most competitive economies, listing the top 142 nations in order, based upon a survey of 15,000 international business executives: 1) Switzerland, 2) Singapore, 3) Sweden, 4) Finland, 5) United States, 6) Germany, 7) Netherlands, 8) Denmark, 9) Japan, 10) Britain, 14) France, 26) China, 53) Brazil, 56) India, 66) Russia, 90) Greece. The US had been #1 until 2008 when it fell to #4, now we've fallen behind Finland to occupy #5.
413-423 – Calls – Should President Obama win a second term, do you think the trend in our global rating will actually reverse and we will be ranked higher, or do you think his leadership would pull our rating even lower than #5? If Obama wins re-election in 2012, do you think our World Economic Forum rating will remain at #5, go higher than #5, or drop lower than #5?
428-438 – Calls –
• CNS News (9/7/2011) Gallup: Obama Had Worst Month Ever in August.
443-452 – Calls –
458-508 – Jennifer Walsh, professor of political science at APU (apu.edu/clas/faculty/jwalsh), weighs in on the 2012 elections: specifically, the "Federalism vs. Nationalism" Tenth Amendment debate, and the Socialism vs. Capitalism debate vis-a-vis the California deficit.
512-523 – Jennifer Walsh
528-539 – Jennifer Walsh
544-554 – Bob Tyler and Jennifer Monk are the two principles behind Advocates for Faith and Freedom (faith-freedom.com, (888) 588-6888). Their annual fundraising gala, Justice 2011 "Defending Our Constitutional Heritage", is coming up Saturday, October 1st, at 5pm at the Marriott Newport Beach Hotel, with keynote by David Barton of Wallbuilders and emcee comedian Mike Williams.
558-608 – Francis Chan (francischan.org), best-selling author of Crazy Love and Forgotten God, is out with his latest, Erasing Hell: what God said about eternity, and the things we made up (Amazon). Francis also sits on the boards of World Impact and Children's Hunger Fund.
• On 6/2/2010, we had Francis on the show to talk about his "goodbye" message to Cornerstone in Simi Valley, and we had been the pastor for 16 years. On the show, Francis said that he plans to walk through a bunch of cities and third-world countries with his family, as they pray and seek the Holy Spirit for guidance on where He wants them to plant next.
After touring Asia for three months with his pregnant wife and four kids, Francis believed the Lord was calling him back to the US, specifically, San Francisco. Since January, Francis has been working with several ministries, including City Impact, and spending his time doing a lot of coaching, mentoring, and discipling. He tells a great story about God's provision that involves a Trader Joe's U-Haul full of meat that is just great!
612-623 – Francis Chan
628-639 – Francis Chan
644-654 – Francis Chan
• Peter Wehner (Commentary, 9/7/2011) Dems' New Political Language.
• Life Site News (9/7/2011) Holy smoke: check out the disparity in abortion rate between cohabitating and married couples. The abortion rate per 1,000 is far less for those who are married. Cohabiting 59.3, Formerly Married Not Cohabiting 31.8, Never Married Not Cohabiting 28.1, and Currently Married 7.7. Thus, you are eight-times more likely to abort when living together than when married.