400-408 – Danae Dobson, updates us on her father's recent accident while horse-riding!
• Family Talk (9/15/2011) Update on Dr. Dobson.
"As you know, my husband had an accident while riding a horse in Montana. He fell off and broke his clavicle (collarbone) and scapula (wing bone). He was airlifted to a hospital in Colorado Springs. Although he is in a lot of pain, the orthopedist said surgery is not necessary. The fractures will heal on their own. He is not in a life threatening situation, for which we are very grateful. He will probably be back broadcasting soon and will give an update himself. Jim is a very active person, and it is hard to keep him down, although, I don't think he will be riding horses in the near future. He asked me to thank you all for your prayers and best wishes. I also want to thank you for the love and support our family has felt during these difficult days. We are moving through this stressful time with the Lord's grace and loving care." – Shirley Dobson.
Brad Dacus, President of the Pacific Justice Institute (pacificjustice.org), is representing Chuck & Stephanie Fromm, who were fined $300 by the city of San Juan Capistrano for holding a "regular religious meeting" in their home and would need a CUP before doing it again. They were cited in May for holding a Sunday morning Bible Study that drew about 40 people, many of them former members of Calvary Chapel Capo Beach, and Chuck Smith, Jr. has been leading the Bible Study. The arbitrary enforcement of this bad ordinance is egregious and needs to be changed. They were told they would be fined $500 for each additional gathering. They go to Orange County Superior Court in October.
413-423 – Chuck Fromm, former president of Maranatha Music, Russ Hauth, editor of Worship Leader magazine.
• Pacific Justice Institute (9/13/2011) City With Religious Roots Fines Home Bible Study.
• The Blaze (9/19/2011) CALIFORNIA CITY FINES COUPLE FOR HOLDING BIBLE STUDY IN THEIR HOME.
428-438 – Chuck Fromm,
443-452 – Chuck Fromm,
458-508 – Tim Goeglein, VP of External Relations for Focus on the Family, was for 8 years the deputy director of the White House Office of Public Liaison under President George W. Bush, and he's now out with his book, The Man in the Middle: An Inside Account of Faith and Politics in the George W. Bush Era (Amazon).
512-523 – Tim Goeglein,
528-539 – Tim Goeglein,
544-554 – Tim Goeglein,
558-608 – Greg Frazer, Professor of History and Political Studies, at the Master's College. Today we talk about "why vote?", the "we should all be communists" argument out of Acts 2, and the foundational concept of federalism that has been rapidly eroded by the Progressives.
612-623 – Greg Frazer
628-639 – Greg Frazer
644-654 – Greg Frazer
• Michael Barone (9/19/2011) President of the Unionized States: As chief executive, Obama acts as shop steward in chief.
• Robert Mack (American Thinker, 9/19/2011) Watergate Times Three.
// A similar Watergate scandal could erupt for Barack Obama. The only difference is that there may be three of them.
The insane Solyndra loan, the LightSquared cronyism, and the Operation Fast and Furious gun-running debacle have all come into America's consciousness at the same time. How could the government invest in a solar panel start-up that had no prospects for any kind of success, and to the tune of $535 million dollars? Why would a four-star Air Force general say that the White House tried to pressure him to change his testimony before the House Armed Services Strategic Forces Subcommittee to make it more favorable to a company tied to a large Democratic donor? What were directors at the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration, and the ATF thinking when they persuaded gun dealers to allow more than 2,000 firearms to get in the hands of drug lords in Mexico, resulting in over 200 deaths?
• Imagine a family with an annual income of $50,000 that is actually spending $80,000 per year and has credit card debt of $200,000. Then you begin to get the idea.
• Fox News (9/18/2011) GOP Frustration Grows With Obama Approach to Jobs, Deficit.
• Doug Schoen (WSJ, 9/19/2011) Voters Want State Government Reform: Polling in 10 states shows that Americans want politicians to cut spending and reduce public employee benefits before they raise taxes.
• Fox News (9/19/2011) Palestinian Push for Statehood Jeopardizes Millions of Dollars in U.S. Aid.
• NRO Editors (9/19/2011) No to the Palestinian 'State'.
• WSJ Editorial (9/18/2011) The Palestinian Statehood Gambit: The U.S. should respond by cutting funds for the U.N.
• Seth Lipsky (WSJ, 9/19/2011) Let's Have a Televised Debate on the Constitution: What guidance do the GOP candidates draw from the document they revere? Mr. Lipsky is the author of "The Citizen's Constitution: An Annotated Guide" (Basic Books, 2009).