400-408 – • Today is our big "Half Price Tuition at a Christian School" Day! This has been building up for a some time, we did it back in April with great success, and now today we do it again, it's the big day! Here's the number to call to get one-half-off the tuition at any one of the nine great Christian schools listed on our website at kkla.com: 888-799-4999 (also up on our FB page). Remember, you must be able to put the full one-half tuition on your credit card when you call to reserve your spot! Only two per school, and for today only, first come first served.
• The nine schools are: 1) Chino Valley Christian (PK-12) (cvcs.com); 2) Good Shepherd Lutheran in Simi Valley (K-8) (gsls-simi.com); 3) Concordia Schools in San Fernando K-6, Burbank PK-5, Canoga Park K-12, Grenada Hills K-6, and Sylmar 7-12 (concordiaschoolsla.org); 4) Pacific Lutheran High in Torrance (pacificlutheranhigh.com); 5) Montrose Christian Montessori School (K-6) (mcms.us); 6) Brethren Christian Junior and Senior High School in Huntington Beach (bchs.net); 7) Lutheran High School in La Verne (lhslv.org); 8) Alta Loma Christian School (alchristian.com); and 9) Calvary Chapel Schools in Santa Ana (calvaryschools.org).
Lance Ebel, Principal of Lutheran High School in La Verne (lhslv.org).
413-423 – (1:21) Bert and Ernie, "cookies in bed." Date of clip: unknown. Calls – Parents, will this impact whether your child watches any more Sesame Street? Suppose your child over at a friend's house and saw Bert and Ernie get married, or maybe adopt a baby, how would you answer their questions? How have you answered their questions?
• CBS News (8/10/2011) Group Pushes To 'Let Bert And Ernie Get Married' On Sesame Street.
428-438 – (3:13) Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter 1, "Father", "human ATM," "Immaculate Conception," from the pulpit this past Sunday.
• Washington Times (8/8/2011) Philadelphia mayor talks tough to black teenagers after 'flash mobs'. The mayor is enforcing a curfew for all teenagers under the age of 18 that they must be home by 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
• NRO Editors (8/10/2011) Rioting, Anarchy, and the U.K.
• WSJ Editors (8/10/2011) London Is Burning: Hooligans, not social grievances, are driving the British riots.
• Fox News (8/10/2011) Questions Arise Over Whether 'Flash Mob' Attacks in U.S. Cities Motivated by Race.
443-452 – • Don't forget! The Harvest Crusade returns to Angel Stadium this weekend! Fri-Sat-Sun, Gates open at 530pm on Fri and Sat, with the big event starting at 700pm. And on Sunday, gates open at 430pm, with the big event at 600pm. [Today on the show, we'll be giving away 10 Harvest Gift Packs that include CDs by Jars of Clay and Jeremy Camp, a Greg Laurie Lost Boy DVD, and a 2011 Harvest Crusade t-shirt.]
• Harvest LA comes to Dodger Stadium September 10, gates open at 430pm, big event at 600pm (harvestcrusades.org).
458-508 – (3:13) Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter 1, "Father", "human ATM," "Immaculate Conception," from the pulpit this past Sunday.
(1:44) Nutter 2, "sense and nonsense…", "you damaged your own race…"
(3:00) Nutter 3, "pants," "extend your English vocabulary."
(:22) Nutter 1A, "sperm donor"
(:16) Nutter 1B, "Immaculate Conception."
(:10) Nutter 2A, "You have damaged your own race."
(:25) Nutter 3A, "Take those God-darn hoodies down, especially in the summer. Pull your pants up and buy a belt 'cause no one wants to see your underwear or the crack of your butt."
(:18) Nutter 3B, "If you walk into somebody's office with your hair uncombed and a pick in the back, and your shoes untied, and your pants half down, tattoos up and down your arms and on your neck, and you wonder why somebody won't hire you? They don't hire you 'cause you look like you're crazy."
512-523 – Calls –
528-539 – Lance Ebel, Principal of Lutheran High School in La Verne (lhslv.org).
544-554 – Nutter redux.
558-608 – Rick Niswonger, Principal of Brethren Christian Junior and Senior High School in Huntington Beach (bchs.net).
612-623 – •• Chinook Observer (8/9/2011) 'TRULY A MIRACLE'. Calls – Do you believe in miracles? Ever been part of one?
628-639 – Calls –
644-654 – Dr. Gerald Mitmann, Principal of Montrose Christian Montessori School (K-6) (mcms.us).
(:54) Al Gore-Climate. (Al Gore at the Aspen Institute Media Forum, 8/4/2011 in Aspen, Colorado.)
• Fox News (8/9/2011) Boy or Girl? Simple Test Raises Ethical Concerns. Calls – We can now determine gender at 7 weeks, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Would you have liked to know, or like to know? Will this increase the number of aborted girls?
• Jonah Goldberg (NRO, 8/10/2011) Wake Up and Smell the Tea: The Tea Party is merely the messenger.
• Deroy Murdock (NRO, 8/10/2011) Don't Blame the Tea Party for the Downgrade: They didn't borrow the cash — and we should be honest about who did.
• USA Today (8/9/2011) Ford Focus Electric to come with home solar option.
• OCR (8/9/2011) Creditors to Crystal Cathedral: Sell or get sued.