• I'll be on The Dennis Prager Show tomorrow at 11am Pacific on 870AM KRLA.
• Our big "Half Price Tuition at a Christian School" day is this Wednesday, August 10th. Be listening right at 4pm when I give out the phone number, and be ready to put the full one-half tuition on your credit card that day, on August 10th, again right at 4pm, and if you get through, you'll be able to enroll your child in one of 9 great Christian schools this fall for half-off! So, talk it over and see if this is a right fit for your family. Go right now to kkla.com and click the "Half Price School" link for school details and more info.
400-408 – Abby Sunderland, (abbysunderland.com) set out on January 23, 2010 to become the youngest person to sail solo around the world, and six months later, on June 10, 2010, her boat, Wild Eyes, was rolled 360 degrees and her mast was torn off by a wild rogue wave, ending her trip. Today, she shares her story out of her new book Unsinkable: A Young Woman's Courageous Battle on the High Seas. Her dad, Laurence, joins us too – he and his wife, Marianne, have 8 children, Zac is the oldest, and Abby is second.
413-423 – Abby Sunderland,
428-438 – Abby Sunderland,
443-452 – Abby Sunderland,
458-508 – Intro analysis of what happened today, with the Dow dropping 634 points, and gold now at $1717, doubling what it was in 2009.
512-523 – [READ] •• Mark Steyn (NRO, 8/6/201) Mad Debt: A threat to liberty. Author of the brand new book After America: Get Ready for Armageddon.
// Under the "historic" "resolution" of the debt crisis (and don't those very words "debt crisis" already feel so last week?), America will be cutting federal spending by $900 billion over ten years. "Cutting federal spending by $900 billion over ten years" is Washington-speak for increasing federal spending by $7 trillion over ten years. And, as they'd originally planned to increase it by eight trillion, that counts as a cut. If they'd planned to increase it by $20 trillion and then settled for merely $15 trillion, they could have saved five trillion. See how easy this is?
// Otherwise, by 2020 just the interest payments on the debt will be larger than the U.S. military budget. That's not paying down the debt, but merely staying current on the servicing — like when you get your MasterCard statement and you can't afford to pay off any of what you borrowed but you can just about cover the monthly interest charge. Except in this case the interest charge for U.S. taxpayers will be greater than the military budgets of China, Britain, France, Russia, Japan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, India, Italy, South Korea, Brazil, Canada, Australia, Spain, Turkey, and Israel combined.
// No author writes a dystopian apocalyptic doomsday book because he wants it to happen: Apart from anything else, the collapse of the banking system makes it hard to cash the royalty check. You write a doomsday book in hopes you can stop it happening. But time is running short. If you think we've got until 2050 or 2025, you're part of the problem.
528-539 – Where would our founders say we went off the rails? Two places: in 1804 with the passage of the 12th Amendment which made the president directly elected by the people; and in 1913 with the 17th Amendment at the direct election of senators.
544-554 – [READ] •• Janet Daley (Telegraph, 8/7/2011) If we are to survive the looming catastrophe, we need to face the truth. The idea that a capitalist economy can support a socialist welfare state is collapsing before our eyes, says Janet Daley.
• Fox News (8/8/2011) S&P Downgrades Fannie and Freddie Credit Ratings, Other Agencies Tied to U.S. Debt.
• NRO Editors (8/8/2011) Obama Makes History (of Our AAA Credit).
• WSJ Editors (8/8/2011) America Gets Downgraded: A spend and tax policy mix always leads to economic decline.
(2:20) Perry Prayer at Response. (Texas Governor, Rick Perry, prays at the Response Prayer event in Houston, TX on 8/6/2011.)
612-623 – (Tim McGraw, If You're Reading This)
• Fox News (8/8/2011) NATO: Downed Military Helicopter Targeted Taliban Leader.
• Washington Examiner (8/7/2011) A nation in mourning for Navy SEAL Team 6.
(3:38) SEAL interview 1. Why SEAL? (Matt Lauer on NBC's TODAY interviews Billy and Karen Vaughn (parents) and Kimberly Vaughn (wife) of fallen SEAL member Aaron Vaughn on 8/8/2011.)
(1:45) SEAL interview 2. Proud of him / we can talk now.
(:53) SEAL interview 3. Last visit.
(:46) SEAL interview 4. Legacy to kids.
628-639 – • Huffington Post (8/3/2011) Ozzie Guillen Talks Tough Childhood, Drunken Interviews, and Sean Penn.
(2:03) Guillen on Penn and Venezuela. (Ozzie Guillen, manager of the White Sox, on Sean Penn and Venezuela on the show, In Depth with Graham Bensinger.)
644-654 – Lucas Fitzgerald, Principal of Pacific Lutheran High School in Torrance (pacificlutheranhigh.com).
• Fox News (8/8/2011) Police Arrest 160 in Violent Weekend London Riots.