400-408 – Breivik was a "Christian fundamentalist"? No! A secular fundamentalist.
• USA Today (7/24/2011) Norway suspect sought 'Christian war' against Islam.
•• Mark Steyn (NRO Corner, 7/25/2011) Islamophobia and Mass Murder.
413-423 – • Andrew C. McCarthy (NRO Corner, 7/25/2011) Apologize For What?
// Anders Behring Breivik, the deranged savage who committed mass-murder in Oslo last Friday, is a severe critic of Islam. His targets, though, were not Muslims. They were his fellow Norwegians and Norway's government. As Mark Steyn keenly observed this morning, it is patently absurd that Breivik's attitudes about Muslims have come to dominate coverage of a horrific episode that appears to have little or nothing to do with Muslims — such that those actually killed become, as Mark puts it, "mere bit players in their own murder" while the legacy media shrieks about "Islamophobia." As Bruce Bawer pointed out in his trenchant post this weekend (at Pajamas), we are now looking at "a double tragedy for Norway. Not only has it lost almost one hundred people, including dozens of young people, in a senseless rampage of violence. But I fear that legitimate criticism of Islam, which remains a very real threat to freedom in Norway and the West, has become profoundly discredited, in the eyes of many Norwegians, by association with this murderous lunatic." //
443-452 – • NPR (7/24/2011) Lawyer: Norway Suspect Wanted A Revolution.
458-508 – (3:06) ABC's "The View" (7/25/2011) Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd, Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck.
(:45) View: The Bible 1. Gay couples married in N.Y.
(:31) View: The Bible 2. Sherri and gravy bowls.
(:27) View: The Bible 3. Elisabeth: protests.
(:44) View: The Bible 4. Bible and seafood.
(:37) View: The Bible 5. Bible and sex with animals.
512-523 – • Fox News (7/25/2011) South African Man Wakes After 21 Hours in Morgue Fridge.
528-539 – Calls – What your "I was stuck in a blank" story?
544-554 – Calls –
558-608 – • AP (7/24/2011) Troubled diva Amy Winehouse dead at 27. Calls – Some of you have been stuck in substance abuse. What's your addiction and recovery story? How did God help you after you hit bottom? What would you say to those caught in addiction who might be listening right now?
612-623 – Calls –
628-639 – Calls –
644-654 – Calls –
• Bruce Bawer (WSJ) Inside the Mind of the Oslo Murderer. In his 1,500-page manifesto, Anders Behring Breivik slides alarmingly from a legitimate concern about the rise of Islam in Europe to propose 'terror as a method for waking up the masses.' Mr. Bawer is a literary critic who lives in Oslo. He is the author, most recently, of "Surrender: Appeasing Islam, Sacrificing Freedom" (Doubleday, 2009).
• Ed Stetzer (CP, 7/24/2011) Norway's Killer, 'Christian Fundamentalism,' and the Media.
• FT (7/24/2011) Killer personifies rise of new far-right.
• Fox News (7/24/2011) Norway Suspect Borrowed From Unabomber's Manifesto.
• Luis Palau (Christian Post, 7/24/2011) The Problem of Evil and Suffering.
• NZ Herald (7/24/2011) Norwegians protest shooter's lax penalty.
• Carl Medearis (CNN, 7/24/2011) My Take: Why evangelicals should stop evangelizing. Carl Medearis is an international expert in Arab-American and Muslim-Christian relations and is author of the book Speaking of Jesus: The Art of Not-Evangelism.