• Dr. Dobson will be our special guest-speaker at two upcoming events, both on Thursday, May 26th – first, our Pastor's Luncheon at the Universal Hilton that's free to all church staff and their wives, and second, our big listener event that evening at Lake Avenue at 7pm. They're both free, but you need to pre-register with us at kkla.com.
400-408 – Barry Corey, will begin his 4th year as president of Biola University in July (biola.edu), talks about sponsoring next week's Dobson events, their Christian in Visual Arts Conference (CIVA) in June, and upcoming commencement, May 27-28 – including the first class of the Kiev extension program.
413-423 – Barry Corey
428-438 – • OC Register (5/17/2011) Atheist, Christian students square off in debate.
• Fox News (5/17/2011) Sources: Navy SEALs Knew Bin Laden Mission Was One-Shot Deal.
443-452 – Tease forward about the Divine Conspiracy.
458-508 – Dallas Willard, Professor of Philosophy at USC, my favorite Christian author and teacher, has had a bigger impact on my spiritual life than anyone else, especially through his classic The Divine Conspiracy. His latest book is great too, it's entitled Knowing Christ Today: Why We Can Trust Spiritual Knowledge (dwillard.org). Today, we talk about what Jesus would have to say about the Arnold situation that's all abuzz in the media right now.
512-523 – Dallas Willard. How do we love our enemies? To love someone is to be set to do what is good for them, and to stop punishing them. We seek to restrain evil, for the harm it does to the person themselves and to others, and sometimes that restraint requires lethal force (e.g., law enforcement).
528-539 – Dallas Willard. How do you fire someone in Christian love? Two big principles: You never love just the one person, you love everyone involved in the situation, and you never cut people off – you're in it with them, still seeking what is best for them (this requires that they are interested in being with you).
There is deep confusion between love and sentimentalism – love is an act of the will, sentimentalism is your feelings. Love has nothing to do with sentimentalism.
544-554 – Dallas Willard. Romance and Parenting? What! Punish in 'cold blood!' Discipline vs. Punishment.
558-608 – Mark Baker, Clinical Psychologist and Executive Director of La Vie Christian Counseling Centers (laviecounseling.org, KKLA Helpline (800) 801-5242) in Pasadena and Santa Monica, and author of the million-copy bestseller Jesus, The Greatest Therapist Who Ever Lived. Hear Mark teach on emotional and spiritual growth at DrMarkBaker.com.
Calls – When do you tell the children of infidelity who their daddy is? Answer: around age 12.
612-623 – Mark Baker. How do you break "big news" to children?
628-639 – Mark Baker. How do you help a suicidal friend?
644-654 – Mark Baker. How do you deal with trust issues when your father abandoned the family when you were 12?
• TMZ (5/17/2011) Arnold's Love Child -- Spitting Image. Arnold fired Patty Baena, she didn't retire, and the 13½-year-old son looks just like his father, and both Patty and Maria were pregnant at the same time – the boys were born just days apart.
TMZ has obtained lots of information -- as well as photos -- of the boy Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered out of wedlock -- and he looks shockingly like Arnold himself.
The mother -- Mildred Patricia Baena (she goes by Patty) -- was a housekeeper/assistant for the family for more than 20 years. Her jobs included cleaning, laundry, cooking and other chores.
Sources tell TMZ -- in the late '90s Patty began to "pursue Arnold." She told friends they would have unprotected sex during the day at the house. Patty never slept overnight at the house and no one ever caught them in the act.
We're told when she became pregnant, she didn't tell Arnold he was the father. Arnold didn't learn he was the daddy until the boy was a toddler.
Patty -- who made $1,200 a week -- was treated well by Arnold once he found out. Sources say Arnold was always "generous."
Patty -- who has recently retired -- now lives in a 4 bedroom house with a pool, several hours outside of L.A. with the boy and her 3 other kids.
We are not revealing the identity of the boy, however his features are eerily like Arnold's. We have various pictures of him at various ages (he's now in his early teens) and each picture shows striking similarities, especially the mouth and teeth.
• TMZ (5/18/2011) Arnold's Love Child -- Nicest Kid You'll Ever Meet.
TMZ has obtained a copy of the birth certificate of the boy Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered ... and he's not listed as the father on the birth certificate. As TMZ reported, Mildred "Patty" Baena -- who worked as a housekeeper/assistant for Arnold and Maria -- is the mother. She listed her then-husband, Rogelio Baena as the dad.
Baena used a different last name on the birth certificate -- Pena.
The boy was born on October 2, 1997, which now makes him 13. He was born at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Burbank, CA.
• TMZ (5/18/2011) Arnold's Baby Mom & Maria -- Preggo at Same Time.
// Maria Shriver and Mildred Patricia Baena were both pregnant with Arnold's children ... AT THE SAME TIME. And get this ... the two kids were born less than a WEEK APART -- Maria's son Christopher was born on September 27, 1997 ... and Mildred's love child was born on October 2, 1997. The two boys are now 13 years old.
• TMZ (5/18/2011) Arnold Schwarzenegger -- Courting The Housekeeper.
• TMZ (5/18/2011) Arnold Posed for Xmas Pic -- With Kid and Mistress.
• Radar Online (5/18/2011) WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Arnold's Mistress Threatened To Go Public Four Weeks Ago.
• Maeve Reston and Seema Mehta (Los Angeles Times, 5/18/2011) Arnold Schwarzenegger's plans terminated? Not likely. Few strategists believe that the disclosure about his out-of-wedlock child will permanently derail Arnold Schwarzenegger's political or entertainment pursuits.
• LAT (5/18/2011) Entrepreneurs offer post-Rapture services. Ventures include offering Rapture believers pet care and a chance to send letters to non-believing loved ones in the event the faithful are swept away.