400-408 – Andy Bales, CEO of the Union Rescue Mission (urm.org), talks about the success of their new "no free beds in the shelter" policy that has dramatically changed their guests' expectations, and their women's graduation last night.
413-423 – • Steve Lopez (LAT, 4/8/2011) Steve Lopez: Who's to blame for problems at Dodger Stadium?
• Santa Cruz Sentinel (4/5/2011) Surgeon says Bryan Stow's condition remains 'guarded'.
• Dodger Blot (4/8/2011) Dodgers to have fundraiser for injured Giants fan Bryan Stow on Monday at Dodger Stadium.
The Dodgers have announced a drive-through, fundraising relief effort for Bryan Stow on Monday at Dodger Stadium.
The Dodgers and American Medical Response, which employs Stow as a paramedic, will co-host the event.
Stow, 42, is the Giants fan critically beaten in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after last week's season opener. He remains in a medically induced coma.
The Dodgers and local media outlets -- KCAL/9, Prime Ticket, KABC 790-am, Univision Radio and the Los Angeles Times -- will join in the effort to collect funds scheduled to go directly to the trust fund established by the Stow family to assist Stow and his children.
The drive-through effort is scheduled Monday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the stadium's Parking Lot No.1.
Cash and checks will be accepted. Checks should be made out to: The Bryan Stow Family.
Donations are also accepted for those with a PayPal account using a credit card, logging in and selecting the "Send Money" option, personal, gift, with the recipient: firstname.lastname@example.org. The fund is also accepting donations online at www.sfpcu.org (San Francisco Police Credit Union).
The Dodgers said names of community supporters who will collect funds during the drive-through will be announced in the next few days.
• LA Times (4/8/2011) Dodger fans who cause trouble will be arrested, Police Chief Beck and Mayor Villaraigosa say. Calls – What's your "Guess how bad it was at Dodger Stadium…" story? How bad was it? Are you more likely to now go to a game because of their new zero-tolerance policy?
428-437 – Calls –
443-452 – Calls –
458-508 – Hormoz Shariat, "the Billy Graham of Iran," is the founder of Iran Alive Ministries (iranaliveministries.org) he founded the Iranian Christian Church up in the Bay Area in 1987 which has now grown to four locations and over 400 members – all converts from Islam. Watch the "God is Love" video on the website to learn how to share Christ with a Muslim, it's in Farsi but there's English subtitles. Hormoz is also the host of ICTV, a Christian call-in show in Farsi, beamed into Iran via satellite, where thousands each week make the decision to follow Jesus Christ. In 1979, he was in the streets of Iran chanting "Death to America" as a good radical Muslim, then he came to USC to get a Ph.D. in computer engineering. He was spiritually empty, with a divorce date set, and he reads the Koran one more time, not getting any direction. Then he read the Gospel of Matthew and was confronted with the person of Jesus. As a result, he came to faith in Christ at Church of the Open Door here in LA. He's happily married, and lives in the Bay Area, with his three children. Today, Iran has a population of 70 million, and 70% or 49 million of the them are under the age of 30.
512-523 – Hormoz Shariat,
528-539 – Hormoz Shariat,
544-554 – Phil Liberatore, with the IRS Problem Solvers (stopirspain.com, 877-6-SOLVER).
558-608 – Carl Moeller, President/CEO of Open Doors USA (opendoorsusa.org), an organization that has been supporting the persecuted church around the world for the past 54 years. Carl's new book, The Privilege of Persecution: (And Other Things the Global Church Knows That We Don't) (link), is coming out in May.
612-623 – Calls – "God, I want to thank you for…"
628-639 – Calls – "God, I want to thank you for…"
644-656 – Calls – "God, I want to thank you for…"
• LA Times (4/8/2011) Floatopia: Beaches near UC Santa Barbara to be closed this weekend to prevent booze-fest. Calls: How is the church ministering to college students who binge drink? How do Christian college students stand in the world but not be of it in today's party scene universities?
• Christian Post (4/8/2011) Walker: Being Gay was 'Irrelevant' to Deciding Prop 8.
• Fox News (4/8/2011) Carrie Underwood: My Faith Is the Reason for My Success. Calls: How has God blessed you with success in your life? What talents or gifts has God given you that you have used in a cool way, lately? Use the call in line to give the glory to God!