• Sign up for an annual subscription of our interruption-free podcasts over at pastorecentral.com and get a free autographed copy of Shattered while supplies last!
• Or, be the 9th caller at 888-995-5552 to get one right now!
• And, don't forget, our Shattered audio book is now available online, you can listen to a free sample of me reading my book over at frankpastore.com.
• And, don't forget our big 25th Anniversary Celebration out at Grace Community Church (on Roscoe Blvd in Sun Valley) this Thursday, August 26th. It's free, doors open at 6:30pm, and we'll be doing our show live beginning at 4pm. To reserve your seats, visit kkla.com.
400-408 – (2:38) Shattered Audiobook opening pages (YouTube link).
Has God taken the shattered pieces of your dreams and put them back together again in maybe a new and different way that you never saw coming? Those of you going through a shattering right now – maybe a health issue, or a financial issue, or a relationship that is strained – do you believe that God can bring good out of it? That He will? That He can redeem the broken pieces and create something better in it's place? Some things just can't be put back together again, there are irreversible events, but there are no irredeemable events – since God promises that He will be with you through to the process – but only if you invite Him to be. It will only happen if you're in a relationship with Jesus Christ. We're not talking magic, we're talking reality.
We all have dreams of what we think our life will look like, when we "grow up," or turn 30, 40, or 60. But often those dreams get shattered. I've seen God take those broken pieces and create something new out of them many times. Not only in my own life, but in the lives of others. Has He done it for you? Tell me how.
413-423 – Calls
428-437 – Calls
443-452 – Calls
458-508 – Dr. John MacArthur, president of the Master's College and Seminary, and pastor of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley (gracechurch.org), author of over 6 dozen books, and heard weekdays at 6:30am and 7:30pm on Grace to You right here on KKLA. And Grandpa MacArthur enjoys 15 grandchildren, 10 girls and 5 boys!
• John is the featured speaker at our big 25th Anniversary Celebration out at Grace Community Church (on Roscoe Blvd in Sun Valley) on Thursday, August 26th. It's free and doors open at 6:30pm. I'll be doing my show there live from 4-7pm so come say "hi." To reserve a seat, visit kkla.com.
• Today we talk about his MacArthur Study Bible that's now in 10 languages, and coming out this fall in Chinese and Arabic! Amazingly, his website, Gty.org, provides 2 million downloads a month of his sermons! And, we also talk about his forthcoming book Slave, rooted in the evidence that "doulos" should be translated "slave" not "servant."
512-523 – Dr. John MacArthur
528-538 – Jerry Newcombe, (jerrynewcombe.com) host and senior producer of The Coral Ridge Hour, the television outreach of the late Dr. D. James Kennedy, who pastored Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church for 48 years until his death in 2007. Jerry earned a B.A. in history from Tulane (1978), an M.A. in communications from Wheaton (1983), and a D.Min. from Knox Theological Seminary (2008) – where his dissertation was on the importance of America's Christian heritage and how we can pass on that heritage. Jerry's produced or co-produced over 50 television specials with Dr. Kennedy, and he's authored or co-authored 21 books, including his latest The Book That Made America: How the Bible Formed Our Nation. But, the book that's getting a ton of attention right now, thanks to Glenn Beck, is his book with Peter Lillback entitled George Washington's Sacred Fire.
544-554 – Jerry Newcombe
555 – [2:00] "The Money Guys" – Robert Micone and Bill O'Connor from Applied Financial Planning at 866-SEEK-COUNSEL, that's 866-733-5268 (SeekCounsel.com).
558-608 – Frank Turek, founder of crossexamined.org, and author of Correct, Not Politically Correct: How Same-Sex Marriage Hurts Everyone and I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist.
• Frank Turek (8/12/2010) Top Ten Gay Marriage False "Facts" Part 1.
• Frank Turek (8/13/2010) Top Ten Gay Marriage False "Facts" Part 2.
612-623 – Frank Turek. We take your apologetics questions!
628-638 – Frank Turek. We take your apologetics questions!
644-656 – Frank Turek. We take your apologetics questions!
• Andrew McCarthy (8/24/2010) Inventing Moderate Islam: It can't be done without confronting mainstream Islam and its sharia agenda.