• Tonight at 530pm in Huntington Park, The Whosoevers will be doing an outreach at Huntington Park High School.
• Tomorrow from 300-500pm at the Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, we'll be doing a book signing at the Barnes & Noble on Hawthorne Blvd.
• Sunday at 6pm at the Anaheim Convention Center, we'll be at the "Calvary Celebration" honoring pastor Chuck Smith with a preview of the documentary Riptide.
400-408 – Johnny Bench [Reprise]
413-423 – Tommy Hume [Reprise]
428-444 – Mike Morrell, CEO of Provident Home Loans, and today we talk about his role in my life, not just his 23 years of friendship, but specifically him introducing me to Larry Arnn and the Claremont Institute, which led to me attending graduate school in political philosophy and American government.
443-452 – (1:39) Tamara Lowe rap at Christ Fellowship Church @ Valentines Weekend, 2010 (YouTube).
458-508 – Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (aifdemocracy.org), an organization "committed to demonstrating the synergy of American democracy and its founding principles with the religion of Islam," is a former Navy Lieutenant Commander in the Medical Corps, former president of the Arizona Medical Association now an Internist in private practice in Phoenix. The documentary he narrates, The Third Jihad (thethirdjihad.com) is excellent! Today we talk about the need for a Reformation-Enlightenment within Islam to bring about a separation of mosque and state.
• Zuhdi Jasser (5/7/2010) My Fellow Muslims, We Must Wake Up!
512-523 – Dr. Zuhdi Jasser
528-538 – Anthony Bradley, visiting professor of theology at The King's College in New York (tkc.edu), research fellow at the Acton Institute (acton.org), and author of Liberating Black Theology: The Bible and the Black Experience in America. Today we talk about the rampant victimology within the black community, and specifically within black churches. You can contact him through his website dranthonybradley.com.
544-554 – Anthony Bradley
558-608 – Rob Bernabe, ran the residential mortgage divisions at both E*TRADE and H&R Block, and today he runs the Mortgage Workshop at Saddleback (saddleback.com). His brand new book is Mind Your Own Mortgage: The Wise Homeowner's Guide to Choosing, Managing, and Paying Off Your Mortgage (mindyourownmortgage.com). Today he explains some of the biggest mistakes people make when getting a home loan. It all comes down to buying something you can't afford by buying a payment rather than a product. It's the same psychology as a credit card. Instead, people need to focus on becoming mortgage free – every loan-owner should know their pay off date, if they don't, they're enslaved to the system. And if you can't afford a 30 year fixed loan, you can't afford the house. Period.
• CNS News (5/21/2010) Democrats Have No Plan for Dealing with Fannie and Freddie; Ignore Republican Proposal.
• WSJ (5/21/2010) FDIC: 'Problem' Banks at 775.
612-623 – Rob Bernabe
628-638 – (1:34) Felipe Calderon, President of Mexico, gets a standing ovation from Democrats in the House of Representatives yesterday (5/20/2010).
(1:26) Calderon with Wolf Blitzer yesterday (5/20/2010).
BLITZER: So if people want to come from Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvador or Nicaragua, they want to just come into Mexico, they can just walk in?
CALDERON: No. They need to fulfill a form. They need to establish their right name. We analyze if they have not a criminal precedent. And they coming into Mexico. Actually…
BLITZER: Do Mexican police go around asking for papers of people they suspect are illegal immigrants?
CALDERON: Of course. Of course, in the border, we are asking the people, who are you?
And if they explain…
BLITZER: At the border, I understand, when they come in.
BLITZER: But once they're in…
CALDERON: But not — but not in — if — once they are inside the — inside the country, what the Mexican police do is, of course, enforce the law. But by any means, immigration is [not] a crime anymore in Mexico.
• Hot Air (5/20/2010) Mexican president: Of course we ask immigrants to show their papers. Let's just enact Mexico's laws here and end this thing.
• Fox News (5/20/2010) Calderon Criticism of Arizona Law Overlooks Mexico's Tough Immigration Policy. Mexican President Felipe Calderon has been ripping into Arizona's immigration law as he tours Washington -- while appearing to disregard the way his own country cracks down on immigrants along Mexico's southern border.
Mexican lawmakers changed that in 2008 to make illegal immigration a civil violation like it is in the United States, but their law still reads an awful lot like Arizona's.
Arizona's policy, which Calderon derided on Wednesday as "discriminatory" and assailed again on Thursday, requires law enforcement to try to determine the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant — provided they are already in contact with that person. They can't randomly stop people and demand papers and the law prohibits racial profiling.
The Mexican law also states that law enforcement officials are "required to demand that foreigners prove their legal presence in the country before attending to any issues."
• Fox News (5/21/2010) Top Official Says Feds May Not Process Illegals Referred From Arizona. John Morton, assistant secretary of homeland security for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said his agency will not necessarily process illegal immigrants referred to them by Arizona authorities, in an interview Wednesday with the editorial board of the Chicago Tribune.
644-652 – • Big Journalism (5/21/2010) D.C. Metro Police Escorted SEIU Protesters to Bank Of America Executive's Home. Where's the "loud, angry mob" byline in the mainstream media about this? Just imagine if it was Tea Partiers.
• Press Telegram (5/21/2010) Mojave Cross replaced, then removed.
(1:39) Tamara Lowe rap at Christ Fellowship Church @ Valentines Weekend, 2010 (YouTube).