Archives

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

400-408 – Today we announce the special phone number that's going to give you a chance to send your child to a great Christian School this Fall at half-price the regular tuition!  The first 12 "qualified" callers will be given the opportunity to enroll their student in one of six excellent Christian Schools – this to limited to just two qualified families per school:  Valley Christian in Cerritos (K-12), Good Shepherd in Simi Valley (K-8), Chino Valley Christian in Chino (K-8), La Verne High School in the San Gabriel Valley, Concordia in the San Fernando Valley (K-12), and Pasadena Christian School in Pasadena.   Log on right now to KKLA.com for details about each of these schools and to see which one is the perfect fit for you and your family!   Ready?  Here's the number:  888-799-4999.

If you're a qualified family, have your credit card ready, because you're going to pay for the full one-half of the tuition today! 

Let's meet three of the schools:  Steven Gray, Superintendent of Pasadena Christian School (PK-8);  Michael Quiroz, Middle School Principal of Chino Valley Christian School and Yvette Taylor the Principal of their Elementary School(PK-12); and Mike Wunderley, Principal at Valley Christian School (PK-12).

Steven Gray, Superintendent of Pasadena Christian School (PK-8).

413-423 – Michael Quiroz, Middle School Principal of Chino Valley Christian School, and Yvette Taylor, the Elementary School Principal (PK-12).

428-437 – Mike Wunderley, Principal at Valley Christian School in Cerritos (PK-12).

443-452 – All guest chat.

458-508 – Shirley Dobson, Chairman of the National Day of Prayer coming up the first Thursday of May 5th (nationaldayofprayer.org), with this year's theme "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" – and Joni Eareckson Tada is the honorary chairperson this year.  Shirley took over the task force 20 years ago from Vonette Bright with just $6K and one volunteer – and look what the Lord has done! 

• Dr. Dobson will be our special guest-speaker at two upcoming events, both on Thursday, May 26th – first, our Pastor's Luncheon at the Universal Hilton that's free to all church leaders and pastors and their wives, and second, our big listener event that evening at Lake Avenue at 7pm.  They're both free, but you need to pre-register with us at kkla.com.

512-523 – Let's talk about Lady Gaga and her prayer.

528-539 –"Judas" by Lady Gaga, lyrics.  She was born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta on March 28, 1986.

When he comes to me, I am ready, I'll wash his feet with my hair if he needs

Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain, Even after three times, he betrays me

I'll bring him down, bring him down, down.  A king with no crown, king with no crown

I'm just a Holy fool, oh baby he's so cruel.  But I'm still in love with Judas, baby

I couldn't love a man so purely.  Even darkness forgave his crooked way

I've learned love is like a brick, you can.  Build a house or sink a dead body

I'll bring him down, bring him down, down.  A king with no crown, king with no crown

[Bridge]  In the most Biblical sense, I am beyond repentance

Fame hooker, prostitute wench, vomits her mind

But in the cultural sense, I just speak in future tense, Judas kiss me if offensed, Or wear ear condom next time.

I wanna love you, But something's pulling me away from you

Jesus is my virtue, Judas is the demon I cling to.

(7X) YouTube (4/22/2011) Lady GaGa - HBO backstage concert in New York.  Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta was born on March 28, 1986, and was raised Catholic, and attended Catholic schools.  HBO is doing a documentary on her, and they caught this tender moment of her backstage at Madison Square Garden.  What's your analysis of her prayer?  What jumps out at you?  I think she gets lots of things right.  Man, I wish I could talk with her.  She needs the Lord, bottom line.  I'm sure lots of people are shocked that someone whose art is so perverse can have such a seemingly-genuine spiritual side. 

1) "people trying to stop me"

2) "I feel like a loser"

3) "I cannot be destroyed"

4) "I'm fighting for every kid who feels like I do"

5) "I wanna be queen for them"

6) "It's not about being a winner for me anymore, but for them."

7-1) "Thank you for the blessings of my friends, family, and fans"

7-2  "Help me to empower those around me"

7-3) "Grant me courage"

528-539 – Calls –

544-554 – Calls –

558-608 – Calls –

612-623 – Calls –

628-639 – Calls –

644-656 – Calls –

• Fox News (4/27/2011) White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate.

The document released by the White House lists Obama's birthplace as Honolulu, Hawaii, and his birth date as Aug. 4, 1961. The hospital listed is Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital. The name on the birth certificate is Barack Hussein Obama II.