Coming to you live from the Long Beach Rescue Mission's new warehouse facility at 702 W. Anaheim here in Long Beach – once the home of Jesse James' West Coast Choppers. And just a few blocks away from the LBRM shelter facilities. This new warehouse will be used for the collection and distribution of food, clothing, and household goods, so come on by and donate your stuff tonight during the show or whenever you're ready! You can also make your monetary donations online at lbrm.org, and the first 5 donations of $250 or more will get a $100 gift certificate to Gulliver's Prime Rib – and the first $500 donation will get a one night's stay at any Ayer's Hotels along with the Gulliver's $100 gift certificate. To get these gift certificates, you must make your donation by phone or in person so we can get your information. They also need volunteers! To make your donation to the Long Beach Rescue Mission, call 562-591-1292.
• Next week, Oct 11th, is LBRM's 40th Anniversary Celebration, and sponsorships and tables are still available. Register online at LBRM.org.
400-408 – • James Lewis, President and CEO of the Long Beach Rescue Mission, and his Associate Director Robert Probst.
413-423 – • Fox News (10/03/2012) Transcript of first presidential debate.
(2:13) 06 BO – $5 TRILLION TAX CUT
• (:53) 07 MR – I'VE GOT FIVE BOYS
• (:36) 08 MR – 54% TAXED AT INDIVIDUAL RATE, THIS IS ABOUT JOBS
(:33) 09 BO – NEVER MIND, IT'S MATH, ARITHMETIC
(1:00) 10 BO – MY PLAN LOWERED TAXES ON 98% OF FAMILIES
(1:00) 11 BO – 97% WON'T SEE THIER TAXES GO UP
• (1:29) 12 MR – BUT THOSE 3% EMPLOY HALF OF ALL WHO WORK IN SMALL BUSINESS!
() 51 BO – JIM, YOU MAY WANT TO MOVE ONTO ANOTHER TOPIC (IE, HELP!)
• (1:39) 13 BO – WE'VE TRIED BOTH APPROACHES
() 52 MR – BUT THAT'S NOT MY PLAN
(1:59) 16 MR – BIG BIRD AND CHINA
(2:52) 15 BO – BLAME BUSH
• (1:35) 17 MR – YOUVE BEEN PRESIDENT FOUR YEARS
• (:32) 18 MR – ECONOMICS 101 "HOW TO GENERATE REVENUE" GROW THE ECONOMY!
(1:40) 19 BO – EXXON NEED MORE TAX CUTS? TAX BREAK FOR GOING OVERSEAS
• () 53 MR – THE TAX BREAK TO BIG OIL IS $2.8B, BUT YOU PUT $90B INTO GREEN, "YOU PICK THE LOSERS!"
(2:18) 14 BO – BASIC STRUCTURE OF SS IS SOUND
() 54 MR – BUT YOU'RE CUTTING MEDICARE $716B!
(2:36) 21O BO – HE WANTS A VOUCHER SYSTEM
(1:37) 21R MR – NO CHANGE FOR NEAR-RETIREES, I BELIEVE IN COMPETITION
(1:04) 22 BO – GOV ADMIN OF MEDICARE IS MORE EFFICIENT THAN PRIVATE INSURANCE
() 55 MR – IF GOV MEDICARE IS SO EFFICIENT IT WILL BE THE BEST PRODUCT AVAILABLE
(1:06) 23 MR – DODD-FRANK THE BIGGEST KISS TO NEW YORK BANKS, TOO BIG TO FAIL
(1:53) 24 BO – ANYBODY THINK TOO MUCH OVERSIGHT ON WALL STREET?
(1:11) 25 MR – WHAT IS A QUALIFIED MORTGAGE?
(1:57) 26 MR – WHY I WANT TO REPEAL OBAMACARE
(1:53) 27 BO – DON'T REPEAL OBAMACARE
• (1:53) 29 MR – I WORKED ACROSS THE AISLE, YOU DIDN'T
• (2:00) 32 MR – PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS ARE COVERED, PRIVATE MARKET BETTER
• () 56 MR – DECLARATION AND CONSTITUTION, CREATOR, TRICKLE DOWN GOV
() 57 MR – SCHOOL CHOICE
() 58 MR – NOT ENTITLED TO YOUR OWN FACTS
() 60 MR – I'LL SIT DOWN WITH LEADERS, IT'S LEADERSHIP, I'LL DO IT AGAIN.
428-438 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
(:40) • DNC AD (10/04/2012) Mitt Romney: What a Guy.
• LINER – As we head into the election, R. C. Sproul provides some great context for believers in his new teaching series "Chuch & State." For your chance to listen to the series online, or to purchase it, go to kkla.com, keyword "Sproul."
443-452 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
458-508 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
512-523 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
• Eric Ostermeier (Smart Politics, 10/03/2012) Romney Makes the Most of His 47 Percent (Allotted Speaking Time). Obama spoke for 42:40 or 52.3% of the time, Romney for 38:14 seconds or 47.3%.
• Fox News (10/04/2012) Obama campaign conducts damage control in wake of debate.
• Joel Pollack (Blaze, 10/04/2012) FACT CHECK: TOP 5 LIBERAL EXCUSES FOR OBAMA LOSING THE FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE TO ROMNEY.
5. We won't know for 2-3 days whether Mitt Romney actually won.
4. Romney lied with a straight face for ninety minutes.
3. The free-flowing format was bad and let Romney dominate.
2. The moderator, Jim Lehrer, let Romney win.
1. Obama didn't show up tonight.
• Joel Pollack (Blaze, 10/04/2012) ROMNEY WINS BIG IN FIRST DEBATE.
• Fox News (10/04/2012) Liberals 'freak out' after Obama's poor debate performance.
• LINER – Pastors, join us for our half-day annual pastors conference, Impact 2012, from 830-1230, on Thursday October 11th at APU! Pastors, you're going to hear strategic keys on how to increase the impact of your ministry shared by gifted servants of God – Rick Warren, Ken Ulmer and Robert Jeffress. You'll get answers to your toughest questions from our Pastors Panel that I'll emcee – with pastors Jeff Vines, Steve Wilburn, Shawn Thornton and Scott Daniels. And you'll hear encouraging testimonies from ministries working overseas – Gospel for Asia and Forever Found. With inspiring worship by the Harvest Worship Band. As well as resources for your church – including web designers, retreat hotels, building and financial services, health insurance and more! Pre-register now for this "free lunch," at kkla.com, keyword "Impact."
TH 523 – Don Rohde, sales manager at Galpin Ford for the past 40 years – "Go see for yourself why they've been the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 22 consecutive years! Call Don's personal cell at (818) 262-2092." Also offering Mazda, Honda, Volvo, Subaru, and Volkswagen.
528-539 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
544-554 – James Lewis, President and CEO of the Long Beach Rescue Mission.
558-608 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
612-623 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
628-639 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
644-656 – Calls – Your reaction to last night's debate?
• DEBATE SCHEDULE –
10/3 WED 600-730 Pacific @ U of Denver w/ Jim Lehrer of PBS, Domestic
VP 10/11 THU 600-730 Pacific @ Centre College in Danville KY, w/ Martha Raddatz of ABC
10/16 TUE 600-730 Pacific @ Hofstra College NY w/ Candy Crowley of CNN, Foreign & Domestic
10/22 MON 600-730 Pacific @ Lynn University FL w/ Bob Schieffer of CBS re Foreign Policy