400-408 – [K] Dr. Martin Eaton, licensed clinical psychologist, former graduate professor at USC, and owner of LearningRx in Anaheim Hills (learningrx.com/anaheim-hills, 714-769-7600) with learning centers in Anaheim Hills, Newport Beach, and Simi Valley. Scientists used to believe that our IQ was fixed, but the latest research has proven "neuroplasticity" – the ability of the brain to create new neuro connections through proper training and practice. At LearningRx, Dr. Eaton's clients see an average improvement of 12-15 points in their IQ. Many medical professionals are aware of this, which is why 20% of Dr. Eaton's patients are physicians' kids. The first signs of a cognitive problem often manifests around age 8 or 9, when the child begins performing poorly in school, and research indicates that 88% of the time this is due to underdeveloped cognitive skills. These are what LearningRx is able to improve. If you hear the word "boring" from your child, that's code for "I'm struggling, this is difficult, and I'd rather avoid it."
• September is ADHD Awareness Month, and some of the warning signs for you to be on the lookout for are if you hear that "school is boring," or "reading sucks," or that "homework is stupid," or your child is just taking too long to do their homework. These are all code words for "I have a problem, please help me!" To help parents, Dr. Eaton is hosting a free ADHD Workshop on Thursday, September 20th at 6:30pm, at their Anaheim Hills office only. Call (714) 769-7600 to sign up for a complete cognitive assessment for you or your child, or to RSVP for the free ADHD Workshop.
413-423 – [K] Lou Engle and The Call (thecall.com) are teaming up with the Hispanic pro-life movement AVIVA for two events this coming weekend to pray for both the end of the holocaust of abortion and to pray for revival in America – the first is a night of worship with Harvest Rock Church inside the Ambassador Auditorium in Pasadena on Friday night, followed by an 8am-8pm celebration at Lake Avenue Church in Pasadena all day Saturday. Both The Call AVIVA events are free, register online at thecall.com.
428-438 – • Mediabistro.com (8/28/2012) During Night One Of RNC, Fox News Draws More Viewers Than Any Other Network. FOXNEWS 6,878,804, NBC 4,770,050, CBS 3,118,927, ABC 2,862,656, CNN 1,473,885, MSNBC 1,468,348. Basically, Fox has almost ⅔ of the audience of the big three networks combined, and almost 5-times the audience of either CNN or MSNBC.
• Gallup (8/29/2012) GOP Favorability Matches 2008 Pre-Convention Level. In 2008, Republican "favorable/unfavorable" was 41/51 going into the convention, while the Democrats enjoyed a 54/39 advantage. But, in 2012, a far different story – Republicans are about the same at 44/50, but the Democrats are far lower at 43/52 – an 11-point drop in favorability and a 13-point increase in unfavorability.
***UPDATE II: Romney camp comments: "It hasn't even been 24 hours after the primetime speech line up at the Republican National Convention last night, and you can already tell how successful and powerful of a night it really was by the complete and utter meltdown the mainstream media is experiencing today. ... Most shockingly, Yahoo! Washington Bureau Chief David Chalian got caught on an ABC webcast saying that Mitt Romney would be "happy to have a party when black people drown."
***UPDATE: ABC News reached out to Breitbart News to name the man heard mocking the Romneys during this ABC News livecast: David Chalian (pictured) of Yahoo! News. Chalian is a former political director with ABC News, but according to ABC News has no association with the network now. The headline has been changed to reflect this update, as has the story itself.
• Washington Post (8/29/2012) Yahoo editor fired over anti-Romney joke.
David Chalian, the Yahoo News Washington Bureau chief, has been fired after getting caught claiming that "they" — Mitt Romney and his fellow Republicans — "are happy to have a party with black people drowning."
The implication: that Republicans' decision to continue with their convention despite the hurricane hitting New Orleans means they don't care about black people.
Chalian's words were first caught by the conservative media criticism site Newsbusters. Yahoo! has released a statement apologizing for the comment and announcing that Chalian had been terminated.
"David Chalian's statement was inappropriate and does not represent the views of Yahoo!. He has been terminated effective immediately. We have already reached out to the Romney campaign, and we apologize to Mitt Romney, his staff, their supporters and anyone who was offended."
UPDATE: Chalian has posted a public apology on his Facebook page.
"I am profoundly sorry for making an inappropriate and thoughtless joke," he wrote. "I was commenting on the challenge of staging a convention during a hurricane and about campaign optics. I have apologized to the Romney campaign, and I want to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to Gov. and Mrs. Romney. I also regret causing any distraction from the exceptional coverage of the Republican convention by Yahoo News and ABC News."
• Sac Bee (8/28/2012) NumbersUSA Convention TV Ad Asks Why Admit More Immigrant Workers When Recent College Grads Can't Find Jobs. Why does the MSM try to slam Republicans as uncaring about Isaac hitting New Orleans, when the Republicans cared enough to cancel their first night of festivities in Tampa, while the truly uncaring one, Obama, was out campaigning on college campuses – trying hard to avoid answering their obvious question, "Why are over half (53.6%) of your recent college graduates still unemployed?" His strategy? "Ignore that…. focus on the hope and change." [OTIUTK "but the change I got was that I moved in with my mother."]
443-452 – (:11) LA Mayor, and Chairman of the Democratic Convention in Charlotte, Antonio Villaraigosa dismissed GOP efforts to reach out to Hispanic voters, "You can't just trot out a brown face or a Spanish surname and expect that people are going to vote for your party, or your candidate."
(:23) Ben Shapiro asks a rapidly-fleeing Villaraigosa about why he's campaigning in Tampa while LA has a $258 million dollar deficit and $27 billion dollars in unfunded pension liabilities.
• Breitbart (8/29/2012) SHAMEFUL MEDIA SPINS, SHILLS AND RACE-BAITS THE GOP CONVENTION.
458-508 – Calls, Your reaction to what you heard last night?
• (:36) 01 – Saratoga Springs, UT Mayor Mia Love – America I Know
(:35) 02 – Mia Love – American Heroes
(:45) 03 – Mia Love – Obama's America
(:45) 04 – Mia Love – Struggles 4 American Dream
(:30) 05 – Mia Love – Final Thoughts
• Fox News (8/29/2012) Mia Love Wikipedia page vandalized with slurs.
512-523 – Calls, Your reaction to what you heard last night?
• (:57) 02 Artur Davis, former Blue Dog Democrat Congressman turned Republican – Should've known in Denver; artificial columns
(:42) 03 Artur Davis – O Can't Run on record
(:45) 04 Artur Davis – Obamacare Mandate jab
(:34) 05 Artur Davis – Pay Bills Down; Don't Lecture Us About Suffering
(1:01) 06 Artur Davis – To Disillusioned Dems and Independents
(1:03) 07 Artur Davis – Praise Occupy and Demonize Hard Work
• LINER – The LA Harvest Crusade is just around the corner! Saturday and Sunday, September 8th-9th at Dodger Stadium, with the Newsboys, Jeremy Camp, Steven Curtis Chapman, and others. For more info, and a chance to win a fabulous prize pack that includes a t-shirt, a book, and CDs, go to kkla.com, keyword "harvest."
528-539 – Calls, Your reaction to what you heard last night?
• Fox News (8/28/2012) Transcript of Ann Romney's speech at the Republican National Convention.
(:38) Juan Williams: Ann Romney Looks "Like A Corporate Wife" Hard For Me To Believe She Struggled.
• (:51) 01 Ann Romney – Hold Us Together
(1:23) 02 Ann Romney – Deep Abiding Love
(1:05) 03 Ann Romney – Hard Work To Get Ahead
(:39) 04 Ann Romney – Work Harder
(:16) 05 Ann Romney – Moms Are Hope of America
(:45) 06 Ann Romney – Women Don't Ask for Easy, But It is Harder Now
(1:17) 07 Ann Romney – Why Fell in Love with Mitt
(:38) 08 Ann Romney – What Dad Taught about U.S.
(:38) 09 Ann Romney – Real, Not a Storybook Marriage
(:59) 10 Ann Romney – Mitt's Caring
(1:04) 11 Ann Romney – Mitt Built His Success
(1:02) 12 Ann Romney – Mitt Helps Others
(:52) 13 Ann Romney – Helps Others Build Dreams
(:37) 14 Ann Romney – Mitt Won't Fail
(:21) 15 Ann Romney – Olympics and Massachusetts success
(:41) 16 Ann Romney – Trust Mitt
(:19) 17 Ann Romney – Mitt Loves America
544-554 – Calls, Your reaction to what you heard last night?
558-608 – Calls, Your reaction to what you heard last night?
• Fox News (8/28/2012) Transcript of Chris Christie's speech at the Republican National Convention.
612-623 – Calls, Your reaction to what you heard last night?
• (:16) 06 NJ Governor Chris Christie – Choose Respect Over Love
(:43) 07 Christie – We Are Not Afraid
(:58) 09 Christie – Public Sector
(:59) 14 Christie – They Will Drive Us Off a Fiscal Cliff
(:21) 15 Christie – They Believe in Teachers Unions, we Believe in Teachers
(:25) 18b Christie – Mitt and Ryan
(:18) 24 Christie – Master of Our Own Destiny
• LINER – Pastors and church leaders listen up! Looking for a fresh new resource to help couples in your church and community build that God honoring marriages they desire? KKLA has partnered with Family Life Today to promote the weekend video seminar "The Art of Marriage" throughout the month of September and we want you to host the event! Go to kkla.com for more info, keyword "Marriage."
628-639 – Phil Cooke, is a really unique mix – a working Hollywood producer with a Ph.D. in Theology (philcooke.com). He's produced media in over 40 countries, and along the way he's been shot at, fallen out of a helicopter, survived two military coups, and been threatened with time in an African prison. Through his Cooke Pictures in Burbank, he's designed media to effectively tell the story of some of the largest nonprofit organizations and leaders in the world amid our changing, disrupted culture. Branding Faith: Why Some Churches and Nonprofits Impact Culture and Others Don't (2008) (Amazon) changed the way nonprofits use the media to tell their story. Jolt: Get the Jump on a World That's Constantly Changing (2011) (Amazon) shared some of Phil's secrets for making today's culture of disruption and change work for individuals. And, now his new book One Big Thing: Discovering What You Were Born To Do (2012) (Amazon) helps those of us who are easily distracted to do the good, to focus on doing the significant (onebigthingbook.com).
644-656 – Phil Cooke,
• LINER – Friendship with God with Tom Cantor can now be heard weekdays at 3pm.
• Fox News (8/29/2012) Navy SEAL's book raises questions about bin Laden's death, report says.
• NRO Editors (8/29/2012) Who Racializes Welfare Reform?