400-408 – Bob Tyler (and Jennifer Monk), an attorney with Advocates for Faith and Freedom (faith-freedom.com, (888) 588-6888), on what's going on down in the wine country of Temecula – the Wine Country Vintner's Association is trying to ban churches from the Temecula Wine Country that's expanding from 7,000 to over 18,990 acres. Specifically targeted is pastor Clark Van Wick of Calvary Chapel Bible Fellowship in Temecula (aka "The Barn") who own 30 acres. There will be a public hearing tomorrow morning before the planning commission at Temecula City Hall in Old Town at 9am and it's open to the public. Go south on the 15, exit Rancho California, and turn right into Old Town. The commission will decide the fate of churches in Temecula. Follow the debate at winecountryfreedom.com.
413-423 – Bob Tyler & Clark Van Wick.
• LINER – Friendship with God with Tom Cantor can now be heard weekdays at 3pm.
428-438 – (2X) • Fox News (8/20/2012) Rep. Todd Akin resists mounting calls to withdraw from Senate race after 'rape' comment. (:30) Akin apology.
• Fox News (8/21/2012) Minnesota lawmaker urged to step aside after rest-stop liaison with 17-year-old boy.
• Ann Coulter (8/20/2012, Human Events) ANN COULTER: IF AKIN LOVES HIS COUNTRY, HE WILL STEP ASIDE.
• Blaze (8/21/2012) FACEBOOK BOARD MEMBER DUMPS 20 MILLION SHARES OF THE SOCIAL NETWORK.
443-452 – (7X) • Blaze (8/21/2012) EXCLUSIVE: SEE THE EMAIL EXPLAINING HOW THE ALBUQUERQUE RADIO STATION LANDED THE 'RED OR GREEN' INTERVIEW WITH OBAMA.
• Keith Koffler (8/21/2012) White House Sets Ground Rules for Local Interviews.
458-508 – Scott Daniels, Dean of APU's School of Theology (apu.edu), senior pastor of Pasadena First Church of the Nazarene (paznaz.org), and his program "Faith Works" is heard Sunday mornings at 1130am. He blogs at drtscott.typepad.com. Author of: Seven Deadly Spirits: The Message of Revelation's Letters for Today's Church (2009) (Amazon), The First 100 Days: A Pastor's Guide (2011) (Amazon), and his most recent Cycle of Victorious Living: Commit, trust, delight, and rest in Jesus Christ (2011) (Amazon). Scott and his wife Debbie have four kids.
512-523 – Scott Daniels, Have "small groups" always been a part of the Christian life?
528-539 – Scott Daniels, Have Christians always complained of "busyness"?
544-554 – Scott Daniels, Have Christians always complained of isolation and a lack of community? Or, is that more of a modern phenomena?
558-608 – (3X) • Blaze (8/20/2012) FORMER D.C. UNION BOSS: OUR GOAL IS TO 'OVERTHROW THE CAPITALIST SYSTEM AND BUILD COMMUNISM'.
612-620 – (4X) • YouTube (8/20/2012) Reaction to The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
• LINER – Pastors and church leaders listen up! Looking for a fresh new resource to help couples in your church and community build that God honoring marriages they desire? KKLA has partnered with Family Life Today to promote the weekend video seminar "The Art of Marriage" throughout the month of September and we want you to host the event! Go to kkla.com for more info, keyword "Marriage."
628-639 – Arthur Brooks, since January 1, 2009, president of the American Enterprise Institute (aei.org) – the organization of 60 scholars and 140 staff that is simply the best champion of the free enterprise system in the world. He grew up in Seattle, dropped out of college to pursue a career in music, met and married his wife Ester while playing the French horn professionally for the City Orchestra in Barcelona, Spain, and then they moved back to the states. He did school by night and taught music by day, earning a master's in Economics and a Ph.D. in Public Policy, before becoming a professor of Business and Government Policy at Syracuse for 10 years. He's published dozens of academic journal articles, writes regularly for the Wall Street Journal, and has authored ten books: Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth About Compassionate Conservatism Who Gives, Who Doesn't, and Why It Matters (2006) (Amazon), Gross National Happiness: Why Happiness Matters for America--and How We Can Get More of It (2008) (Amazon), Social Entrepreneurship: A Modern Approach to Social Value Creation (2008) (Amazon), The Battle: How the Fight between Free Enterprise and Big Government Will Shape America's Future (2010) (Amazon), and his most recent The Road to Freedom: How to Win the Fight for Free Enterprise (2012) (Amazon). He and his wife Ester have been married 21 years (1991), share three great kids, Joaquin, Carlos, and Marina, and live in Bethesda, Maryland. Arthur and Ester currently reside in Bethesda, Maryland, with their three children Joaquin, Carlos, and Marina.
644-656 – Arthur Brooks
• LINER – Sign up for your free download of R.C. Sproul's "Can I Trust The Bible?" by going to kkla.com, keyword "Trust."