Big shout out to Shepard of the Hills for rolling out the red carpet this weekend. You guys are awesome!
400-408 – Scott Rae is the chair of the department of Philosophy of Religion and Ethics at Talbot School of Theology (talbot.edu/faculty/profile/scott_rae), his expertise is in applying Christian ethics to both medicine and the marketplace, from the lab to the boardroom – from pre-conception to end of life issues, from egg and sperm donations, IVF, surrogacy, and snowflake babies to organ harvesting and cryogenics – behind it all is the Imago Dei and personhood theory.
413-423 – Scott Rae, Tocqueville's "Self-interest rightly understood," the Americans have figured out how to guide self-interest in the promotion of the common good – by what Adam Smith would call the "invisible hand."
• LINER – Come to our free KKLA Financial Restoration Conference, Saturday July 28th from 830am to Noon, at the Glendale Hilton, featuring financial experts with real answers to your very real problems. Come out early and enjoy the free light-breakfast too! Register now at kkla.com!
428-438 – Scott Rae, Making the theoretical practical, how do we minimize poverty? What actually creates and sustains wealth? Are tariffs on foreign products a good strategy? How about outsourcing?
443-452 – Scott Rae, What about the negative impact of technology on jobs? What is the overall cost in maintaining jobs that could be replaced by machines? What if we automated industry to the point where it was extremely cost efficient, but we lost thousands of jobs? How do we balance jobs and profitability?
458-508 – • ABC News (7/24/2012) Colorado Shooting Miracle: Woman Shot in Face to Recover Fully.
• Brad Strait (7/22/2012) A Miracle Inside the Aurora Shooting: One Victim's Story. Brad Strait is Petra Anderson's pastor.
(3X) Newsy coverage of the Petra Anderson story from the Blaze story (here).
• Indiegogo (7/20/2012) Ready to Believe: Anderson Relief Fund. Petra's sister Chloe asks for donations so the family doesn't have to choose between Petra or their mother Kim, but they can care for both. The first $100K goes to Petra, the next $150K is split evenly between Kim and the Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance (COVA), a non-profit tasked by the Aurora Police Department to gather and distribute aid in response to the Aurora shooting. Everything above $250 goes to COVA (coloradocrimevictims.org). $139K @ 500pm 7/24/2012.
• LINER – Register to win a free iPad or a Kindle Fire, courtesy of Hope for the Heart founder June Hunt, heard weeknights at midnight, by going to kkla.com!
512-523 – Calls – How has God redeemed your injury or situation? When were you sick, wounded or injured, and though God may not have healed you or restored you to "like new" status, He has brought good out of the bad?
(4X) Chloe Anderson makes the appeal.
528-539 – Calls – How has God redeemed your injury or situation? When were you sick, wounded or injured, and though God may not have healed you or restored you to "like new" status, He has brought good out of the bad?
544-554 – Calls – When your dream doesn't come true, it only means God has something better planned.
558-608 – Calls – Thank God for unanswered prayer?
612-623 – Calls – Thank God for unanswered prayer?
628-639 – Calls – Thank God for unanswered prayer?
644-656 – Calls – Thank God for unanswered prayer?
• Lee Strobel (7/22/2012) Why Does God Allow Tragedy and Suffering? Lee offers five pieces of "light."
1. God is not the creator of evil and suffering.
2. Though suffering isn't good, God can use it to accomplish good. (Rom 8:28, Gen 50:20)
3. The day is coming when suffering will cease and God will judge evil. (2 Pet 3:9)
4. Our suffering will pale in comparison to what God has in store for his followers. (2 Cor 4:17, Rom 8:18)
5. We decide whether to turn bitter or turn to God for peace and courage.
• Jonah Goldberg (7/24/2012) Of Angels and Bats.
• Is National Eat at Chick-Fil-A Day tomorrow (7/25) like the NOM and the Christian Post story say, or is it next Wednesday (8/1) like the ABC and other stories say? You can't go to Mike Huckabee's Facebook page, because Facebook removed his posting today at 115pm Pacific (facebook.com/mikehuckabee). Support Chick-Fil-A president Dan Cathy, and go both days!
• ABC News (7/23/2012) Mike Huckabee Calls for Chick-Fil-A Day.
More than 40,000 people and counting have accepted Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee's Facebook invitation to "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day" on Wednesday, August 1. The Facebook Page for the event, which was created less than 24 hours ago, has attracted an enormous fan base that will prompt people nationwide to indulge in their local Chick Fil-A in support of conservative beliefs on the issue of marriage.
"I ask you to join me in speaking out on Wednesday, August 1 "Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day. No one is being asked to make signs, speeches, or openly demonstrate. The goal is simple." The former GOP presidential contender writes on his Facebook invitation, "Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick-Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1."
• Christian Post (7/23/2012) Chick-Fil-A Day on Wednesday: Supporters Respond to Boycott Over Gay Marriage Comments.
// The National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day on July 25 is in response to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) activists urging people to boycott Chick-fil-A after Dan Cathy responded to the Biblical Recorder's question about the company's support for the traditional family saying, "Well, guilty as charged."
"We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."
"We intend to stay the course," Cathy said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles." //
• Brian Brown (7/21/2012, president of National Organization for Marriage) National Eat at Chick-Fil-A Day on Wednesday!
Dear Marriage Supporter,
Thanks to your recent efforts at DumpStarbucks.com and DumpGeneralMills.com, we've shown the cultural elite, the gay millionaires who fund anti-marriage initiatives, and the biased media that the defenders of marriage are willing to put our money where our mouth is.
Well, this Wednesday, we have a chance to do it again—and this time even more literally—by coming out in support of National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day.
Imagine if folks all across the country united together in support of heroes like Dan and Truett Cathy that stand for strengthening marriage and family!
Imagine the potential impact of the message that companies favoring the radical redefinition of marriage risk fallout with their customers—combined with the message that heroes who stand for marriage and family cannot be silenced!
Imagine how clearly that message would be heard across the nation if Chick-fil-A reported record sales this Wednesday!
Well, let's not just imagine it—let's make it happen.
On his radio show this week, Mike Huckabee called on his listeners to support the principled stand of the Cathy family by making this coming Wednesday (July 25th) "National Eat at Chick-fil-A Day."
Please join me this Wednesday in supporting this courageous company, while at the same time sending a powerful message of support to every individual and every company with the courage to stand for marriage.
Visit your local Chick-fil-A restaurant for lunch or dinner on Wednesday. Better yet— stop and tell the manager that you're there to honor and respect the integrity, faith and courage of Dan Cathy and the Cathy family.
Show your support! Eat Mor Chikin!
• Eater.com (7/23/2012) National Same Sex Kiss Day Planned to Protest Chick-fil-A's Anti-Gay Stance. They have a "National Same Sex Kiss Day at Chick Fil A" Facebook page here, the date is Friday August 3rd at 8pm Eastern.
• LINER – Sign up for your free download of R.C. Sproul's "Can I Trust The Bible?" by going to kkla.com, keyword "Trust."