400-408 – (4X, 3:20) Anti-Bullying Speaker Dan Savage Curses Christian Teens on Friday, April 13th, 2012 at a National High School Journalism Convention.
• YouTube (4/27/2012) Dan Savage discusses bible at High School Journalism convention.
413-423 – • Ben Shapiro (Breitbart, 4/30/2012) HHS FIGHTS CYBERBULLYING BY WORKING WITH SAVAGE, WEB'S BIGGEST CYBERBULLY.
• Ben Shapiro (Breitbart, 4/29/2012) OBAMA WHITE HOUSE FUNDRAISES FOR ANTI-CHRISTIAN BULLY SAVAGE.
• Ben Shapiro (Breitbart, 4/29/2012) INSIDE SAVAGE'S VISIT TO THE WHITE HOUSE.
• Joel Pollack (Breitbart, 4/30/2012) EXCLUSIVE - PARENT OF KIDS WHO WALKED OUT ON SAVAGE: 'WHAT A PIG'.
• Breitbart News (4/30/2012) ANDREW BREITBART: MEDIA EMBRACING SAVAGE MEANT 'OPEN SEASON ON CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVES'.
428-438 – Jim Burns, is the founder and president of HomeWord (homeword.com), the executive director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at APU, and author of many books on marriage. Jim and Doug Fields will be hosting a Family Conference at APU May 10th – 12th, for info go to famconference.com or KKLA.com.
443-452 – Dudley Rutherford, senior pastor of the 10,000-member Shepherd of the Hills Church in Porter Ranch (theshepherd.org), guest host of the Frank Pastore Show, and author of the new book God Has An App for That: Discovering God's Solutions for the Major Issues of Life (godhasanapp.com, Amazon). Dudley and his wife Renee enjoy three children.
• KKLA National Day of Prayer Breakfast hosted by Shepherd of the Hills Church in Porter Ranch on Thursday, May 3rd from 7:00am – 9:00am. This year's theme is "ONE NATION UNDER GOD." Theme scripture "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord..." - Psalm 33:12. There will be plenty of prayer time as well as a message from our Key note speaker: Dr. Mark Brewer- Senior Pastor of Bel Air Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles. Tickets are just $12 each which includes a delicious catered breakfast served by the seniors from Hillcrest Christian School and Los Angeles Baptist School. To purchase tickets for the National Day of Prayer breakfast, please visit our secure website at sheptix.com or for more information go to theshepherd.org. You may also purchase tickets by calling 818.399.5217.
458-508 – Hormoz Shariat, "the Billy Graham of Iran," is the founder of Iran Alive Ministries (iranaliveministries.org) he founded the Iranian Christian Church up in the Bay Area in 1987 which has now grown to four locations and over 400 members – all converts from Islam. Watch the "God is Love" video on the website to learn how to share Christ with a Muslim, it's in Farsi but there's English subtitles. Iran Desperate for God, the book on the website, contains great God-stories. Hormoz is also the host of ICTV, a Christian call-in show in Farsi, beamed into Iran via satellite, where thousands each week make the decision to follow Jesus Christ. In 1979, he was in the streets of Iran chanting "Death to America" as a good radical Muslim, then he came to USC to get a Ph.D. in computer engineering. He was spiritually empty, with a divorce date set, and he reads the Koran one more time, not getting any direction. Then he read the Gospel of Matthew and was confronted with the person of Jesus. As a result, he came to faith in Christ at Church of the Open Door here in LA. Today, he's happily married with three wonderful children. Iran has a population of 70 million, and 70% or 49 million of the them are under the age of 35. Hormoz believes the Bible teaches that Iran will become a Christian nation before the Lord returns, Jeremiah 49.
• Back on January 1, 2012, his Network 7 began satellite broadcasting 24-7 throughout North Africa, Europe and the Middle East, and Hormoz continues looking for great programming in any language (they'll add subtitles). If interested, contact Ken in Dallas at (469) 426-9478.
512-523 – Hormoz Shariat,
528-539 – Ken Timmerman, investigative reporter, witness to the persecuted church, president of the Foundation for Democracy in Iran (iran.org), bestselling author, and now candidate for Congress from the 8th District in Maryland, against Nancy Pelosi supporter Chris Van Hollen (timmermanforcongress.com). Ken was also the guy who interviewed the three Iranian defectors in the federal court case in New York in December that has found Iran responsible for 911 (iran911case.com). The Arab Spring has become the Islamist Winter. Today, we start our overview of the Middle East with Turkey.
• Jim Angle (Fox News, 5/1/2012) Employers could save billions by dropping workers from health plans, report shows.
• Zaya and Sherry Younan are hosting an event at their estate in Hidden Valley (just outside of Westlake) this coming Saturday evening, May 5th, to express their appreciation for the work Ken Timmerman has done in bringing awareness to the plight of Iraqi Christians – not only through his book St. Peter's Bones but his many mission trips to the Nineveh Plain, Jordan, and Lebanon to help refugees. For more info, click this link (americanmesopotamian.org/aspx/m/828151). Ken is running for congress in Maryland.
544-554 – Ken Timmerman,
558-608 – Wes Yoder, helped start the whole music genre of Contemporary Christian Music in the late 70's, launched the first Christian based speakers bureau (Ambassador Speakers Bureau) in the 80's, then launched a division called Ambassador Literary Agency where he's worked on "little" projects like The Purpose Driven Life, The Shack, and Mistaken Identity. His book, Bond of Brothers: Connecting with Other Men Beyond Work, Weather and Sports (2010), "seeks to move men from silent and broken lives to the company of men where conversation, spiritual friendship and a life filled with friends and brothers define and complete God's purposes for them." Wes and his wife, Linda, have two children and two grandchildren. (http://wesyoder.wordpress.com/wes-published/bond-of-brothers-connecting-with-other-men-beyond-work-weather-and-sports).
• How do you create the opportunities for guys to get real with one another? The great fear, of course, is that the Bible says to "confess your sins to one another," and for every guy, that includes pornography – but you can't have that conversation unless you have that kind of relationship. You nurture that relationship intentionally, by getting your playmates together and advancing the conversation beyond play, and into the truly important stuff. Since all men struggle with porn, it's not "when was the last time you acted out," it's a bigger question – start with something like "How has pornography affected your view of women? When was the first time you saw porn?" – and watch the conversation explode. Another conversation starter is "What's the most surprising thing that has happened in your life?" Or, to ask "Who are the six men who will carry your coffin? Do they know your story? Do they know you?" This is just gold stuff!
612-623 – Wes Yoder
628-639 – Wes Yoder
644-656 – Wes Yoder
• Maud Newton (NYT, 4/27/2012) My Son Went to Heaven, and All I Got Was a No. 1 Best Seller.
• Peggy Noonan (WSJ, 4/27/2012) A Bush League President: Republicans are aggravated by Obama. They should cheer up. So is everyone else.