400-408 – Gregg TenElshof, Associate Professor of Philosophy at Biola, and Director of their new Center for Christian Thought (cct.biola.edu), with Associate Directors Tom Crisp, Steve Porter, and Todd Vasquez. Their current Visiting Scholars are Alvin Plantinga and Nicholas Wolterstorff. On Dec. 21, 2011, Biola announced that the CCT had received the largest academic grant in Biola's history – a $3.03 million research grant from the John Templeton Foundation to fund the CCT. Gregg has expertise in metaphysics, epistemology, modern philosophy, and Confucianism. His most recent book is entitled I Told Me So: Self-Deception and the Christian Life (2009) (Amazon).
• May 18-19th, the CCT is hosting a conference at Biola on "Christian Scholarship in the 21st Century: Prospects & Perils," with plenary speakers Alvin Plantinga, Nicholas Wolterstorff, and Paul Moser.
413-423 – Gregg TenElshof,
• Andrew Sullivan (Daily Beast, 4/2/2012) Christianity in Crisis: Christianity has been destroyed by politics, priests, and get-rich evangelists. Ignore them, writes Andrew Sullivan, and embrace Him. Andrew Sullivan writes the cover story for the current issue of Newsweek, which has a hipster Jesus and the title "Forget the Church, Follow Jesus."
428-438 – Gregg TenElshof,
443-452 – Gregg TenElshof,
458-508 – Mark Brewer, senior pastor of Bel Air Presbyterian Church (belairpres.org), reminded everyone that their Easter Service this year will not be at the Hollywood Bowl, as it has been for the past 6 years, but actually at their church this year. Services are 8,10, and 12, and they're located near the intersection of Mulholland and the 405.
512-523 – Mark Gregston, and his wife Jan, run Heartlight Ministries (parentingtodaysteens.org, 1-866-700-FAMILY), a very successful, 12-month long, Christian boarding school in east Texas that's been helping lost teenagers find their way again for the past 38 years – helping over 2,500 young adults to begin living more-fulfilling and less self-destructive lifestyles. Their Heartlight formula is loving and relational, not forced or focused on breaking the teen's spirit – it's designed to bring light into a troubled teens heart, so they can better recognize and deal with life's struggles. They're able to help 60 teens at a time. They are on the short list of the "go-to guys" when it comes to dealing with troubled teens. Check out their free downloadable book Ten Ways To Turn Around Your Teen.
• Mark got the call 5 minutes before we were to go on the air that his 82-year old mom, whom he had just put into hospice three hours earlier today, had just died.
528-539 – Mark Gregston
544-554 – Mark Gregston
558-608 – Mark Gregston.
612-623 – Do's and Don'ts
LINER – Wanna be the next Producer of the Frank Pastore Show? We're now accepting applications and we're looking for someone who appreciates our format, and who enjoys scheduling guests and screening calls. And, it's a big plus if you're already a fan of the show! Download an application at salemla.com, that's salemla.com., and click on "jobs."
628-639 – (:26) CNN Anchor: Mormons Equate Interracial Dating With "An Uneducated Person Marrying A Ph.D." "Mormons actually preach that interracial marriages are discouraged, because the challenges could lead to divorce, they equate it with a poor person marrying a rich person, or an uneducated person marrying a Ph.D."
644-654 – Let's test this…. what are the challenges you face if you're "uneducated" and married to a Ph.D? Or poor and married a rich person, or vice versa? Or, in an interracial marriage. Any special challenges you'd counsel others to be aware of?
• Jan Crawford (CBS News, 4/3/21012) Appeals court fires back at Obama's comments on health care case.
• Dennis Prager (NRO, 4/3/2012) They Don't Know Us: Liberals don't bother to understand conservative thought.
• William McGurn (WSJ, 4/3/2012) Romney's 'Women Problem'. A USA Today poll shows Romney trails among swing-state female voters. Is this because he opposes mandatory coverage of birth control in health insurance?