400-408 – Deneen Borelli, a conservative black woman who appears regularly on the news shows, and author of Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation (Amazon). Her website is deneenborelli.com.
408 – Don't miss our upcoming KKLA Faith Night at Staples on Thursday March 15th to watch Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the Clippers take on the Phoenix Suns. Tickets are only $18 through kkla.com, keyword "Clippers."
413-423 – Deneen Borelli,
428-438 – Deneen Borelli,
443-452 – •• Cathy Cleaver Ruse (WSJ, 3/6/2012) Limbaugh and Our Phony Contraception Debate: A student demands that a Catholic school give up its religion to pay for her birth-control pills.
• The Blaze (3/5/2012) REVEALED: ABORTION AGENDA OF CAMPUS GROUP HEADED BY SANDRA FLUKE.
• Matt Bowman (LifeNews, 3/5/2012) ObamaCare's Next Gift: After-Birth Contraception.
458-508 – Steve Arterburn, host of New Life Live (newlife.com), heard weekdays at 2pm, and the guy behind Every Man's Battle (newlife.com/emb) workshops on sexual integrity. New Life Live tomorrow (3/7/2012) is all about the Carl's Jr. Oscar ad featuring Kate Upton getting sexual with a hamburger.
(:59) • YouTube (2/24/2012) Drive-In featuring Kate Upton (Director's Cut) - The Southwest Patty Melt at Carl's Jr.
• Steve's latest book is entitled Walking Into Walls: The Five Blind Spots That Prevent God From Working In Your Life (Amazon), 1) Stubborn Resistance, 2) Arrogant Entitlement, 3) Justifiable Resentment, 4) Disconnected Isolation, and 5) Blind Ignorance.
512-523 – Steve Arterburn,
528-539 – Jim Wilder, is a clinical psychologist by training (Ph.D. Fuller), but a neurotheologian by choice. Neurotheology is the intersection of brain science and the Bible. He's been a Christian counselor since 1977, and today is the Executive Director of the Shepherd's House (founded 1971), specializing in trauma and addiction recovery. His greatest interest is teaching the LIFE Model (lifemodel.org), a profoundly Christian guide to community based counseling and maturity with the goal to create "self propagating recovery as the normal function of the church." The model is based on the book The Life Model: Living from the Heart Jesus Gave You – 2000 (Amazon). His earlier The Complete Guide to Living With Men – 2004 (Amazon) describes development from infant through child, man, father and grandfather.
• Keep an eye out for an upcoming event honoring Dallas Willard, put on by the Shepherd's House, on Thursday, June 28, 2012.
• James Wilder (Journal of the International Association for Theophostic Ministry, 2003) "Current Brain Theory and Basic Theophostic Ministry."
• Elliot Miller (CRI Journal, Vol 29, Number 2, 2006) Theophostic Prayer Ministry (Part One) Christian Prayer, Occult Visualization, or Secular Psychotherapy?
Theophostic Prayer Ministry (TPM), founded by Ed M. Smith in 1996, is an approach to "mind renewal," or the healing of emotional pain. TPM is perhaps the fastest-growing method of inner healing or healing of memories in evangelical churches today. After an exhaustive evaluation, the Christian Research Institute (CRI) detects nothing unbiblical about the core theory and practice of TPM. The theory seems elegant in its profound simplicity, and the anecdotal reports of its effectiveness in practice justify further investigation; nonetheless, much more scientific research needs to be done before even the more modest claims of TPM can be validated, and some of the extravagant claims seem unlikely ever to be established.
CRI does have concerns about several peripheral issues regarding TPM, but we have been favorably impressed by Smith's openness to constructive criticism and change. We caution Christians who practice or receive TPM to be discerning about Smith's teachings on the sin nature, sanctification, and satanic ritual abuse, and to be aware that, despite major improvements, there are still several aspects of Smith's teaching on spiritual warfare that CRI does not endorse.
• Elliot Miller (CRI Journal, Vol 29, Number 3, 2006) Theophostic Prayer Ministry (Part Two: Teachings in Transition) Recent Changes and Remaining Concerns with Theophostic Prayer Ministry.
544-554 – Jim Wilder,
558-608 – Jim Wilder,
612-623 – Jim Wilder,
628-639 – Jim Wilder,
644-655 – Jim Wilder,
• ABC News (3/6/2012) Kirk Cameron Receiving Support Despite Anti-Gay Comments.