413-423 – Chuck Colson, we talk about the decision last week by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebellius that all employers must offer free contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs in their health-care coverage under Obamacare.
428-438 – Obamacare is a threat to religious liberty.
443-452 – What happened in Florida last night?
• Rich Lowry (Fox News, 1/31/2012) Romney leaves Gingrich in his Florida rearview mirror.
• AP (2/1/2012) Romney: Not focused on poor, they have safety net.
458-508 – Major (Retired) Jeff Struecker (jeffstruecker.com), a real-life Black Hawk Down Veteran, shares his story with us today. He's the author of several military-themed books (Blaze of Glory, The Road to Unafraid, Certain Jeopardy), including his latest Fallen Angel, about an American satellite that is ambushed by China and falls into the hands of the Russians. Not only an Army Ranger, but also a Chaplain, he's currently on staff at Calvary Baptist Church in Columbus, Georgia, just outside Fr. Benning, "the Ranger capital of the world." Happily married to his Iowa high school sweetheart Dawn for 20 years, and they celebrate 5 children, the oldest of which just enlisted in the Air Force.
• Wikipedia, "Black Hawk Down" – A 2001 American drama war film depicting the Battle of Mogadishu, a raid integral to the United States' effort to capture Somali warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid. 200 American forces participated in the mission in which 18 were killed and 73 wounded.
• Jeff will be speaking this Saturday morning at 830am at the Calvary Chapel Chino Valley Men's Breakfast. (http://calvaryccv.org/2011/12/super-bowl-weekend-mens-breakfast/).
• Today we talk about how poorly understood two Biblical teachings are, "thou shalt not kill" and "love your enemies." Better understood as "thou shalt not murder," and love your enemy enough to restrain evil.
512-523 – Major (Retired) Jeff Struecker
528-539 – Major (Retired) Jeff Struecker
539 – Get the inside scoop on contests and giveaways by liking our Facebook page, and tell a friend!
544-554 – Major (Retired) Jeff Struecker.
558-608 – Michael Brown, a fascinatingly eclectic individual – with a Ph.D. in Near Eastern Languages and Literature from NYU, he's currently an Adjunct Professor in Messianic Jewish Studies at Denver Theological Seminary, but he's taught at some of the best seminaries in America (Denver, Southern Evangelical, Gordon Conwell, King's, Trinity, Regent, and even Fuller). He's not only a Jewish convert, and "the Messianic Jew the Orthodox love to hate," author of five volumes of Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, and What Do Jewish People Think about Jesus? He became a believer in Jesus 1971 as a sixteen year-old, heroin-shooting, LSD-using Jewish rock drummer! He was also involved with the "Holy Weeping" Brownsville Revival in Pensacola, as a professor of practical theology. And, as though that weren't enough, he's an expert on homosexuality, having written A Queer Thing Happened to America, and he's the host of the nationally-syndicated radio show Line of Fire (askdrbrown.org).
608 – Download a free Daily Devotional from your favorite KKLA teacher, just click "Program Guide" at kkla.com.
612-623 – Michael Brown
628-639 – Michael Brown
644-654 – Michael Brown