400-408 – Dinesh D'Souza, best-selling author, lecturer, and President of King's College (tkc.edu), will be out next month March with his latest book, entitled Godforsaken: Bad Things Happen. Is there a God who cares? Yes. Here's proof. (dineshdsouza.com). Today we talk about the Obama Administration's War on Christianity, our crushing deficit, and the Republican horse race.
• Jeffrey Anderson (Weekly Standard, 2/14/2012) The Cost of Obama.
// Adding all of this up, deficit spending during Obama's four years in the White House (based on his own figures) will be an estimated $5.170 trillion — or $5,170,000,000,000.00.
To help put that colossal sum of money into perspective, if you take our deficit spending under Obama and divide it evenly among the roughly 300 million American citizens, that works out to just over $17,000 per person — or about $70,000 for a family of four.
The previous record for most deficit spending during a presidency was set by President George W. Bush (see table 1.3 in the White House's Historic Tables). During Bush's 8-year administration, total deficit spending was $3.402 trillion. That's a truly extraordinary and reckless sum. It's also $1.768 trillion less than deficit spending in just four years under Obama. Per year, deficits under Bush averaged $425 billion. Per year, deficits under Obama (according to his own numbers) will average $1.293 trillion — or more than three times as much.
413-423 – Dinesh D'Souza. What's at stake in this election?
428-438 – Dinesh D'Souza. You were just at CPAC? Showing the upcoming film, "2016: Obama's America."
438 – Don't miss our upcoming KKLA Faith Night at Staples on Thursday March 15th to watch Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the Clippers take on the Phoenix Suns. Tickets are only $18 through kkla.com, keyword "Clippers."
443-452 – Dinesh D'Souza. Is it Obama, or the Democratic Party, or both that voters should hold electorally responsible this November?
458-508 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, is the Founder and President of the Magis Center of Reason and Faith (magisreasonfaith.org) and the Spitzer Center for Ethical Leadership, both in Irvine. Magis is "dedicated to showing the close connection between faith and reason in contemporary astrophysics, philosophy, and the historical study of the New Testament." Personally, Fr. Bob is "dedicated to personal and cultural transformation that supports principle-based ethics and leads to noble and enduring success."
• Check out their Online Encyclopedia of Reason and Faith at magiswiki.org.
• He was born and raised in Hawaii before going on to earn four graduate degrees: an M.A. in Philosophy from St. Louis University, an M. Div. in Theology from Gregorian University in Rome, a Th.M. in Theology from Cambridge, and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Catholic University. He joined the Jesuits in 1974, at the age of 22, and has been ordained since 1983. He's published 5 books, numerous scholarly articles, started 6 national institutes, and from 1998 to 2009 was the President of Gonzaga University (pdf bio).
• Academic Specialties – Philosophy of Science (space-time theory and the big bang), Metaphysics (time and the philosophy of God), and Organizational Ethics (especially with regard to personal and cultural transformation).
• Books – Spirit of Leadership: Optimizing Creativity and Change in Organizations (2000); Healing the Culture: A Commonsense Philosophy of Happiness, Freedom and the Life Issues (2000); Five Pillars of the Spiritual Life: A Practical Guide to Prayer for Active People (2007); New Proofs for the Existence of God: Contributions of Contemporary Physics and Philosophy (2010); and Ten Universal Principles: A Brief Philosophy of the Life Issues (2011), which has been put in curriculum form at healingtheculture.com.
512-523 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, Aren't the Democrats taking the Catholic vote for granted? Will the Catholic leadership "turn the page" on this and be dropping it now that the president has announced the "compromise?"
528-539 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, So many catholic women use contraception against the teaching of the church, so what's the big deal?
544-554 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, What is the organizational structure of the Catholic Church in America? What's the emphasis of the various orders? Do you know Archbishop (Cardinal) Timothy Dolan?
554 – How'd you like to be able to send your son or daughter to a great Christian school this Fall for half price? Go to kkla.com, click on the "Half Off Tuition" banner, and check out the cool map with all the schools we're partnering with, and get the details on how this might be a great fit for your family. If so, be listening on Wednesday, February 22nd, right at 4pm, when I'll give out a special phone number, and if you're ready to put the whole one-half tuition on your credit card at that moment, you'll be one of only two families per school to qualify for this great deal! That's the "Half Off Tuition" banner at kkla.com, go now!
558-608 – Calls – What's special about your Valentine? Ladies, what was the most romantic thing your Valentine has ever done for you? Guys, same question. What about the worst valentine gift you've been involved with?
612-623 – Calls – Valerie called and shares about meeting her fiancé on the mine field during training with Strategic World Impact with Kevin Turner.
628-639 – Calls – Jessica at the sushi bar.
644-654 – Calls – 25 years ago, Lilly from Mexico didn't speak English, and Kenny didn't speak Spanish, but they've now been married 24 years.
• Fox News (2/14/2012) Media Matters document reportedly detailed plan to target Fox News staff.
• Fox News (2/13/2012) Reports: Media Matters head coordinates with White House, builds super PAC.
• Fox News (2/13/2012) Dershowitz warns Democrats to drop Media Matters.
• Thomas Sowell (NRO, 2/14/2012) The 'Progressive' Legacy.