400-408 – Andrew Marin, president and founder The Marin Foundation (themarinfoundation.org), a nonprofit that seeks to build bridges between the LGBT community and the religious community, and blogs regularly loveisanorientation.com, his latest book and DVD is entitled Love Is An Orientation: Elevating The Conversation With The Gay Community. If you'd like to contact Andrew directly about maybe a friend or loved one in the gay community, and you've got questions how to handle it, you can email him at email@example.com, or call him at (773) 572-5983.
• The four principles of his ministry are "Commit, Stay, Reconcile, and Grow." When the gay community is asked what they want from "us," it comes down to two things, "Don't lie to me," and "Don't leave me." Do you really mean it when you say, "You can tell me anything" and "I"ll always be here for you"?
• Research indicates people self-identify as gay at about 13, but they come out to their parents at about 17 – that's four years of turmoil. Parents should say something like, "It's taken you four years to work up the courage to share this with me, I need some time to process this too. But, we're going to get through this together. I love you no matter what." Remember, "Right from the gate, we can't relate."
• Andrew says that almost every gay person he's ever met has prayed, when they realized they had same-sex attraction, "God make me straight."
413-423 – Andrew Marin. We're commanded to "love our enemies," yet we struggle at loving our gay friends and family.
428-438 – Andrew Marin. Remember, the enemy's strategy is to convince both sides that in order for the relationship to move forward, it's the other side who must change. However, just as it is not your responsibility to "save" anyone, it's not your responsibility to "fix" anyone – it's the Holy Spirit's.
443-452 – Andrew Marin.
458-508 – Carl Moeller, President/CEO of Open Doors USA (opendoorsusa.org), an organization that has been supporting the persecuted church around the world for the past 55 years, and they annually come out with their World Watch List of the top 50 countries which persecute Christians. Get a wristband to express your solidarity with the persecuted church! Carl's latest book is The Privilege of Persecution: (And Other Things the Global Church Knows That We Don't). Carl's position is many times like being the Director of the CIA for Christian Ministry, with black ops, informers, closed countries, smuggling, secret coded dispatches, etc.
• Carl just got back from a fact-finding mission to Israel and witnessed some rioting in Cairo.
508 – Download a free Daily Devotional from your favorite KKLA teacher by clicking Program Guide at kkla.com.
512-523 – Carl Moeller,
528-539 – Carl Moeller,
544-554 – (1:43) African Americans for Obama Ad. (Is this any different than "Women for Hillary," "Mormons for Mitt," "Catholics for Santorum," or "Latinos for Villaraigosa"? This is totally predictable.)
() PO1 – This month we're announcing 2012 the launch of African-Americans for Obama. Now, I don't think there's a better time than African-American History Month to consider the tremendous progress we've made through the sacrifices of so many. Or a better time to commit to meeting the very real challenges we face right now. Everyday I think of the generations of African American men and women who overcame slavery, and oppression, risked their own safety to cast a ballot, even gave up their lives to help build a country that lived up to it's founding principles. Their extraordinary hope, their unwavering determination, changed this country. Their efforts made it possible for somebody like me to be here today.
() PO2 – "This is another moment where we've got to decide what kind of country we want to be. We can either settle for a country where a shrinking number of people do really well, or we can build a nation where everybody gets a fair shot. Everybody does their fair share. And everybody plays by the same rules."
() PO3 – This campaign is powered by folks at every level, taking ownership where it matters most. Around the kitchen table, in barber shops and beauty salons, in your faith community, at work, or at school. And, of course, in the voting booth this election day. Because we are greater together than we can ever be on our own. Visit African Americans.barackobama.com for more information about all the ways you can get involved. From attending HBCU organizing workshops to becoming a congregation captain. And say you're ready to keep making history. Thanks. And see you out there.
• Prison Planet (2/24/2012) Obama Plays Race Card, Calls on Churches to Support Campaign.
558-608 – • CNN (2/22/2012) 5 killed as protests over Quran burning rage in Afghanistan.
// The Qurans were among religious materials removed from a detainee facility at Bagram Airfield. The materials were gathered for disposal and were inadvertently given to troops for burning, Gen. John Allen, commander of NATO's International Security Assistance Force, said Tuesday.
"This was not a decision that was made because they were religious materials," he said. "It was not a decision that was made with respect to the faith of Islam. It was a mistake. It was an error. The moment we found out about it, we immediately stopped and we intervened."
A military official said the materials were removed from the detainee center's library because they had "extremist inscriptions" on them and there was "an appearance that these documents were being used to facilitate extremist communications."
• Andrew C. McCarthy (NRO, 2/25/2012) Why Apologize to Afghanistan? — Andrew C. McCarthy, a senior fellow at the National Review Institute, is the author, most recently, of The Grand Jihad: How Islam and the Left Sabotage America.
"This is a world in which nobody asked the Islamic Conference, a grouping of the 56 Islamic countries, to issue an apology when Christians are attacked and churches are burned in Egypt or in Pakistan. And had we heard a word from any Islamic leader anywhere about the radical Muslims in Nigeria who are not only burning the churches, but burning women and children who are in the churches, when I hear that, I'll expect my president to start issuing apologies."
• (6X) Charles Krauthammer, Tucker Carlson, Kirsten Powers (Friday, 2/24/2012) Fox News Panel,
623 – Don't miss our upcoming KKLA Faith Night at Staples on Thursday March 15th to watch Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the Clippers take on the Phoenix Suns. Tickets are only $18 through kkla.com, keyword "Clippers."
628-639 – • Daily Caller (2/24/2012) Documents: PETA kills more than 95 percent of pets in its care.
644-654 – • Jim Hinch (OCR, 2/23/2012) Rick Warren builds bridge to Muslims.
• Steve McConkey (Christian Newswire, 2/27/2012) Rick Warren Promotes Chrislam by Practice. 4 WINDS USA is a world-class track and field ministry that provides the news-apologetics site 4WindsUSA.com. Steve McConkey is the President. Steve and his wife have been in world-class track and field ministries since 1981.
• Christian Post (7/25/2011) Rick Warren Does Not Embrace Chrislam, Say Pastors.
// Warren's comment:
Several of the above comments are completely incorrect, based on believing 2nd hand false rumors instead of finding out the facts before speaking up. "Only a fool believes all he hears" Proverbs 14:15
The so-called "Chrislam" rumor is 100% false. If the guy who started this libelous myth, or anyone else who passed it on, had obeyed our Lord's command (Matt. 18:18-20) to come directly to me, and then asked what I actually believed – they would have been embarrassed to learn that I believe the exact opposite. As a 4th generation Christian pastor, my life & ministry is built on the truth that Jesus is the only way, and our inerrant Bible is our only true authority.
As an evangelist, I spend much of my time speaking to non-Christian groups. You cannot win your enemies to Christ; only your friends, so we must build bridges of friendship and love to those who believe differently so Jesus can walk across that bridge into their hearts. Besides, it is not a sin, but rather COMMANDED by Jesus that we love our enemies. In the past 10 years, Saddleback Church has baptized over 22,000 new adult believers – simply because we express love to those who don't know Christ yet.
It is nonsense to believe that you must compromise your beliefs, or water down your convictions in order to love someone, or even just treat them with dignity.
Jesus was called "the friend of sinners" by the legalistic Pharisees because he hung out with (and clearly loved) unbelievers. I HOPE YOU will 1) Always believe that EVERYONE needs Jesus as their Lord & Savior. 2) Have the courage to associate with nonbelievers in order to love them and bring them to the Savior. 3) Consider being called "a friend of sinners" a Christ-like compliment. 4) Refuse to pass on rumors until you've checked for the truth with the person accused. The false statements above should be removed.
God bless you.
657-700 – Lindsay Right (sp?), PETA Outreach Coordinator in the Bay Area, quickly responds to the Daily Caller piece below. [We'll try to get her on tomorrow.]
• Daily Caller (2/24/2012) Documents: PETA kills more than 95 percent of pets in its care.
• Jana Winter (Fox News, 2/27/2012) Media Matters boss paid former partner $850G 'blackmail' settlement.
Media Matters chief David Brock paid a former domestic partner $850,000 after being threatened with damaging information involving the organization's donors and the IRS – a deal that Brock later characterized as a blackmail payment, according to legal documents obtained by FoxNews.com.
In an acrimonious lawsuit settled at the end of last year, Brock accused William Grey of making repeated threats to expose him to the "scorn or ridicule of his employees, donors and the press in demanding money and property." Brock claimed in legal papers that he sold a Rehoboth Beach, Del., home he once shared with Grey in order to meet Grey's demands, which he called "blackmail" in the lawsuit.
• Charles Cooke (NRO, 2/27/2012) Class War over Workfare.
• Mark Steyn (NRO, 2/25/2012) The Perversion of Rights.