Today is the New Hampshire Primary.
400-408 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, is the Founder and President of the Magis Center of Reason and Faith (magisreasonfaith.org) and the Spitzer Center for Ethical Leadership, both in Irvine. Magis is "dedicated to showing the close connection between faith and reason in contemporary astrophysics, philosophy, and the historical study of the New Testament." Personally, Fr. Bob is "dedicated to personal and cultural transformation that supports principle-based ethics and leads to noble and enduring success."
• Check out their Online Encyclopedia of Reason and Faith at magiswiki.org.
• He was born and raised in Hawaii before going on to earn four graduate degrees: an M.A. in Philosophy from St. Louis University, an M. Div. in Theology from Gregorian University in Rome, a Th.M. in Theology from Cambridge, and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Catholic University. He joined the Jesuits in 1974, at the age of 22, and has been ordained since 1983. He's published 5 books, numerous scholarly articles, started 6 national institutes, and from 1998 to 2009 was the President of Gonzaga University (pdf bio).
• Academic Specialties – Philosophy of Science (space-time theory and the big bang), Metaphysics (time and the philosophy of God), and Organizational Ethics (especially with regard to personal and cultural transformation).
• Books – Spirit of Leadership: Optimizing Creativity and Change in Organizations (2000); Healing the Culture: A Commonsense Philosophy of Happiness, Freedom and the Life Issues (2000); Five Pillars of the Spiritual Life: A Practical Guide to Prayer for Active People (2007); New Proofs for the Existence of God: Contributions of Contemporary Physics and Philosophy (2010); and Ten Universal Principles: A Brief Philosophy of the Life Issues (2011), which has been put in curriculum form at healingtheculture.com.
• The Ten Universal Principles:
• Principles of Reason
1. Principle of Objective Evidence
2. Principle of Non-Contradiction
3. Principle of Complete Explanation
• Principles of Ethics
4. Principle of Non-Malfeasance (The Silver Rule, "do no harm.")
5. Principle of Consistent Ends and Means
6. Principle of Full Human Potential
• Principles of Justice and Rights
7. Principle of Inalienable Rights
8. Principle of Hierarchy of Rights
9. Principle of Limits to Rights and Freedoms
• The Golden Rule Paraphrase
10. Principle of Beneficence
413-423 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, Question: How is it that God is outside of time, yet He acts within time? (The relationship of thinker to thought). Is there a passage of time in heaven? Can just one of the components of the time-matter-space continuum exist independently? Is God just looking farther ahead when he pronounces prophecy?
428-438 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, Re layers of introspection, there are memories we have of being in a dream and knowing we're in a dream while we're in the dream, right?
439 – Looking for some fun stuff for your family to do? Check out the cool events posted on our Community Calendar over at kkla.com.
443-452 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, The hypostatic union and Philippians 2.
458-508 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, Counterfactuals and middle knowledge.
512-523 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, Counterfactuals and middle knowledge.
TH 523 – Don Rohde @ Galpin Ford (818) 262-2092 (galpin.com) For the past 39 years, Don's been sales manager at Galpin, the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 22 years.
528-539 – Frank on the impeccability of Christ.
544-554 – Frank on middle knowledge, foreknowledge and foreordination, i.e., "Lunch at In-N-Out or Taco Bell?"
558-608 – Jay Richards, Senior Fellow and Director of Research at the Discovery Institute (discovery.org), and a contributing editor for the Journal of the American Enterprise Institute at American.com, has two earned Ph.D.s from Princeton, one in philosophy and the other in theology, and he's the author of a wonderful Christian defense of capitalism entitled Money, Greed, And God: Why Capitalism Is The Solution And Not The Problem (browse) – now in paperback! His next book comes out in February, co-authored with James Robison, entitled Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family and Freedom Before It's Too Late.
612-623 – Jay Richards
623 – Download a free Daily Devotional from your favorite KKLA teacher, maybe it's Chuck Swindoll, Alistair Begg or Greg Laurie by clicking on Program Guide over at kkla.com.
628-639 – Jay Richards
644-654 – Jay Richards
• Rick Santorum (NRO, 01/10/2012) Romneycare and Obamacare.
• William McGurn (WSJ, 01/10/2012) The Stephanopoulos Standard: Republicans can turn media bias to their advantage.
T-TH – Robert Micone & Bill O'Connor, "The Money Guys" at Applied Financial Planning, 866-733-5268, 866-SEEK-COUNSEL, SeekCounsel.com).