400-408 – Kay Strom & Michele Rickett, authors of Forgotten Girls: Stories of Hope and Courage (Amazon), tell the stories of young women who have been rescued from sexual exploitation around the world. They also provide action steps so that you can get involved in turning the tide of human trafficking. The website for the SIS ministry is sheissafe.org. Yesterday, January 11th, was National Human Trafficking Awareness Day, to bring awareness to the 27 million worldwide slaves. Their first book was Daughters of Hope. Together, they have over 30 years of international ministry experience. Michele, herself, had to deal with childhood sexual abuse.
413-423 – Kay Strom & Michele Rickett
423 – Get the inside scoop on contests and giveaways and be a part of our KKLA Team, by liking our Facebook page, and tell a friend!
428-438 – Kay Strom & Michele Rickett
443-452 – Kay Strom & Michele Rickett
458-508 – Fred Sanders, Associate Professor at the Torrey Honors Institute at Biola since 1999, is a systematic theologian with specific interest in the doctrine of the Trinity, and today we talk about his latest book The Deep Things of God: How the Trinity Changes Everything (Amazon). He and his wife Susan have two children, Freddy and Phoebe, and they're members of Grace Evangelical Free Church.
508 – Don't miss our upcoming Financial Strategies Summit, Saturday, January 28th from 900am-12pm, at the Crowne Plaza in Garden Grove. It's free, but seating is limited, so pre-register now at kkla.com.
512-523 – Fred Sanders
TH 523 – Don Rohde @ Galpin Ford (818) 262-2092 (galpin.com) For the past 39 years, Don's been sales manager at Galpin, the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 22 years.
528-539 – Fred Sanders
544-554 – Fred Sanders
558-608 – Frank's quick testimony as a set up for the next story.
608 – Attention Pastors! Be a part of our Celebration of Pastors Event on Monday, January 16th, at the Staples Center, when the Clippers take on the Nets. Be one of the first 150 pastors to sign up and receive 2 passes to the exclusive pre-game fellowship event, and 2 free tickets to the game! Log on to kkla.com, keyword "Clippers."
612-623 – • Blaze (01/12/2012) FED JUDGE SIDES WITH TEEN ATHEIST & ORDERS PUBLIC SCHOOL TO REMOVE PRAYER MURAL.
• (8/17/2011) YouTube: Fighting Religion In Public Schools, Jessica Ahlquist. Video of her speaking at the Secular Student Alliance in 2011.
1. (:18) We called ourselves Christian, but we never went to church, it was all about being a good person.
2. (1:02) God didn't save my mommy when I was 10, so I became an atheist.
3. (:23) Hitler was a catholic. Religion is the problem.
4. (:58) Went to the meeting. Two Christians, Christopher Young and Kara Russo, were "awful."
4b. (:24) They want to push God in the government as far as they can.
5. (:53) People gasped at "atheist," but I embraced be called a "witch."
6. (:19) They were so passionate about breaking the law. These people hated me.
7. (1:38) Backlash at school, shouted "Under God!" at me during the Pledge.
8. (1:08) Mayor Fung talks about diversity and says the Prayer should stay.
644-654 – Calls – How would you respond to her objections about theism? Is her caricature accurate?
• Keith Ablow (Fox News, 01/12/2012) Memo to parents -- stop coddling your kids.
• Michael S. Greve (NRO, 01/12/2012) The States Will Lose on Medicaid. — Michael S. Greve is the John G. Searle Scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and co-editor, with Richard A. Epstein, of Federal Preemption (AEI, 2007). His new book, The Upside Down Constitution (Harvard University Press), will be available in February 2012.
• Fran Tarkenton (WSJ, 01/12/2012) Does God Care Who Wins Football Games? After a moment of devotion, our team would all shout in unison, 'Now let's go kill those S.O.B.'s!' Mr. Tarkenton, an NFL quarterback from 1961-1978, is the chairman and founder of OneMoreCustomer.com.
• Fred Barnes (WSJ, 01/12/2012) Romney and the Corporate Raider Critique. The front-runner needs an idea bigger than himself. How about tax reform? Mr. Barnes is executive editor of the Weekly Standard and a commentator on Fox News Channel.