400-408 – Dennis Rainey, President and CEO of Family Life (familylife.com, 800-FL-TODAY), heard weekdays at 830am with Bob Lepine, is out with his latest book entitled Stepping Up: A Call to Courageous Manhood (link). Dennis and Barbara have four daughters, two sons, and 18 grandchildren! Today we talk about dealing with holiday conflict.
• Upcoming Weekend to Remember conferences: Pasadena April 13-15, Irvine April 27-29, Ventura April 27-29 and May 4-6, Ontario May 18-20.
• Dennis will be speaking at both our upcoming Pastor Appreciation Luncheon at BIOLA May 17th @ 1130am, and that evening at 7pm at our KKLA Listener Event.
413-423 – Dennis Rainey, Three things create conflict: unrealistic expectations, going for the quick "win," and trying to do too much. Be a peacemaker during the Holidays. Initiate conversations by asking, "What's the most courageous thing you've ever done?" Go with the intent to serve, rather than be served. And, be the kind of guest that others are glad you're there.
428-438 – Dennis Rainey
439 - Download a free Daily Devotional from your favorite KKLA teacher, maybe it's Chuck Swindoll, Alistair Begg, or Greg Laurie, by clicking on Program Guide over at kkla.com.
443-452 – Dennis Rainey
458-508 – Ken Timmerman, investigative reporter, witness to the persecuted church, president of the Foundation for Democracy in Iran (iran.org), and bestselling author, including his latest about the persecuted church in Iraq entitled St. Peter's Bones (kentimmerman.com). Today we talk about the federal court case in New York that has found Iran responsible for 911 (iran911case.com). Ken was the guy who interviewed the three Iranian defectors for the court case.
• Ken Timmerman (Daily Caller, 12/16/2011) Federal judge: Iran shares responsibility for 9/11 terror attacks.
• Financial Times (12/19/2011) 'Great Successor' takes power in N Korea.
512-523 – Ken Timmerman
523 – Looking for some fun stuff for you and your family to do? Check out the cool events posted on our Community Calendar over at kkla.com.
528-539 – Ken Timmerman
544-554 – Jonathan Rose, President and CEO of the Capital Gold Group (startwithgold.com, (800) 510-9594), call today and mention KKLA, and get not only the Guide to Owning Gold for free (an $80 value) but also get a free silver American Eagle with a minimum purchase in precious metals. Capital Gold Group maintains an A+ with the BBB.
558-608 – Jack Thompson is an expert on the dangers of violent video games, having written many laws against them in several states. He was an advisor to Senator Hillary Clinton when she went after the makers of violent video games, and has been on 60 Minutes twice, and The Today Show eight times. Sadly, the gaming industry and Howard Stern have succeeded in getting Jack disbarred in Florida. But, God has opened the door for Jack to go to Knox Seminary, where he currently attends. To speak with Jack, call him at 305-666-4366, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mail Online (11/29/2011) Violent games DO alter your brain - and the effect is visible in MRI scans in just a week. First credible study of effect of violent gaming on brain. Test group of 22 young men showed 'clear' differences in MRI scans after one week of gaming. Areas effected seem to be those that control cognitive function and emotional control.
• Thomas Mucha (Global Post, 12/08/2011) Video games are big business. And getting bigger.
According to consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers, the global video game industry last year pulled in $56 billion.
That's more than double the size of the music industry (sorry, Gaga). It's nearly a quarter bigger than the magazine publishing industry and it's about three-fifths the size of Hollywood's cash cow, PwC says.
Moreover, that number is expected to reach $82 billion a year by 2015, making video games the fastest-growing media business on the planet.
Average age of video gamers in the US: 37
Gender breakdown: 58 percent men; 42 percent women
Percentage of US households that play video games: 72
612-623 – Jack Thompson
623 – Win a free pair of tickets to see Kirk Franklin at the Citizen's Bank Arena on Friday December 23rd by going to KKLA.com and clicking on the Kirk Franklin button.
628-639 – Jack Thompson
644-654 – Jack Thompson
• Ed Whelan (NRO, 12/16/2011) Gingrich's Awful Proposal to Abolish Judgeships—Part 1.
• Matthew J. Franck (NRO, 12/16/2011) Gingrich's Awful Proposal to Abolish Judgeships—Part 2.
• Ed Whelan (NRO, 12/16/2011) Gingrich's Awful Proposal to Abolish Judgeships—Part 3.
• Matthew J. Franck (NRO, 12/16/2011) Gingrich's Awful Proposal to Abolish Judgeships—Part 4.
• NRO Editors (12/14/2011) Winnowing the Field.
• Mark Steyn (NRO, 12/19/2011) The Gingrich Gestalt.
• Fox News (12/19/2011) Boehner Demands Year-Long Tax Cut, Challenges Senate to Heavier Lift.