400-408 – Bill and Pam Farrel, are very popular relationship specialists and authors of over 30 books – including their classic Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti – and they've got a bunch of great relationship resources at their website love-wise.com, (800-810-4449). Today we talk about Pam's new book 52 Ways to Wow Your Husband (with 3 copies to give away).
413-423 – Bill and Pam Farrel
428-438 – Bill and Pam Farrel
443-452 – Bill and Pam Farrel
458-508 – Fr. Bob Spitzer, is the Founder and President of the Magis Center of Reason and Faith (magisreasonfaith.org) and the Spitzer Center for Ethical Leadership (spitzercenter.org), both in Irvine. Magis is "dedicated to showing the close connection between faith and reason in contemporary astrophysics, philosophy, and the historical study of the New Testament." Personally, Fr. Bob is "dedicated to personal and cultural transformation that supports principle-based ethics and leads to noble and enduring success."
• Check out their Online Encyclopedia of Reason and Faith at magiswiki.org.
• He was born and raised in Hawaii before going on to earn four graduate degrees: an M.A. in Philosophy from St. Louis University, an M. Div. in Theology from Gregorian University in Rome, a Th.M. in Theology from Cambridge, and a Ph.D. in Philosophy from Catholic University. He joined the Jesuits in 1974, at the age of 22, and has been ordained since 1983. He's published 5 books, numerous scholarly articles, started 6 national institutes, and from 1998 to 2009 was the President of Gonzaga University (pdf bio).
• His academic specialties are:
1) Philosophy of Science, particularly space-time theory and the transcendent implications of big bang cosmology.
2) Metaphysics, particularly the theory of time and the philosophy of God.
3) Organizational Ethics, particularly its relationship to personal and cultural transformation.
• His books are:
1) Spirit of Leadership: Optimizing Creativity and Change in Organizations (Executive Excellence, 2000);
2) Healing the Culture: A Commonsense Philosophy of Happiness, Freedom and the Life Issues (Ignatius, 2000);
3) Five Pillars of the Spiritual Life: A Practical Guide to Prayer for Active People (Ignatius, 2007);
4) New Proofs for the Existence of God: Contributions of Contemporary Physics and Philosophy (Eerdmans, 2010);
• Today we talk about Bob's latest book that just came out two weeks ago, entitled Ten Universal Principles: A Brief Philosophy of the Life Issues (Ignatius Press, 2011), which has been put in curriculum form at healingtheculture.com.
• Principles of Reason
1. Principle of Objective Evidence
2. Principle of Non-Contradiction
3. Principle of Complete Explanation
• Principles of Ethics
4. Principle of Non-Malfeasance (The Silver Rule, "do no harm.")
5. Principle of Consistent Ends and Means
6. Principle of Full Human Potential
• Principles of Justice and Rights
7. Principle of Inalienable Rights
8. Principle of Hierarchy of Rights
9. Principle of Limits to Rights and Freedoms
• The Golden Rule Paraphrase
10. Principle of Beneficence
• Check out Ray Comfort's great movie that shows Ray leading people to do an intellectual 180, going "from pro-choice to pro-life in seconds!" – appropriately entitled 180 (180movie.com).
512-523 – Fr. Bob Spitzer,
523 – The FREE Line In The Sand event is coming to the Rose Bowl, Saturday, November 11th, pre-register at kkla.com.
528-539 – Fr. Bob Spitzer,
544-554 – Fr. Bob Spitzer,
558-608 – Paul Karpf, Founder and CEO of Financial Recovery USA (financialrecoveryusa.com, 877-995-55-52), one of just eleven companies in America certified by the Attorney General as a "Certified Foreclosure Consultant," and they have an "A" rating with the BBB. If you're overwhelmed with credit card debt or struggling to keep up with your mortgage, give Financial Recovery USA a call to schedule your free consultation right now! Offices are in the city of Orange, Woodland Hills and now Colton. "Real solutions for real financial problems," that's Financial Recovery USA.
612-623 – • WTOP (11/9/2011) Nationals C Ramos kidnapped in Venezuela.
• AOL (11/9/2011) Girl Trapped In Washing Machine Rescued By Mom In Okanogan. Calls – What was the worst thing you've ever been trapped in?
628-639 – Calls –
644-654 – Calls –
• Washington Times (11/8/2011) Good deed returned minutes later: Women give CPR to their tire-changer.