400-408 – Dr. Greg Smalley, executive director of Marriage and Family Formation at Focus on the Family, and author of 11 books, including The DNA of Relationships, The DNA of Parent and Teen Relationships, and The Wholehearted Marriage. Son of world-renowned Gary Smalley, Greg earned his counseling degree from Denver Seminary, and his doctorate from Rosemead. He and Erin have four children, and have been married 20 years. Greg has had great success with his "Marriage ER's", successfully turning around 84% of divorce-minded couples. If you're in crisis, call 1-800-A-FAMILY.
413-423 – Greg Smalley,
423 – Win a signed copy of David Jeremiah's new book I Never Thought I'd See The Day by registering at kkla.com, and don't miss his program Turning Point weekdays at 11am.
428-438 – Greg Smalley,
443-452 – Greg Smalley,
458-508 – Sean McDowell, (seanmcdowell.org, "Worldview Ministries"), one of the best young apologists in the country, head of the Bible department at Capistrano Valley Schools, and author of many books including his latest project entitled Godquest, a curriculum for the whole church, that over 2,000 churches are already using and it's only been out for two months. Don't forget to check out their Facebook page too.
508 – Pastors and Church Leaders – learn to increase the impact of your church at our FREE IMPACT 2011 Conference, Tuesday November 1st at APU, pre-register at kkla.com. (Jim Reeves, Dudley Rutherford, Steve Mays, J.P. Jones.) Or pre-register right now by calling (888) 799-4999.
512-523 – Sean McDowell
523 – Don't miss Renewing your Mind weekdays at noon, RC Sproul's new series is "Luther and The Reformation."
528-539 – Sean McDowell
539 – Pastors and Church Leaders – learn to increase the impact of your church at our FREE IMPACT 2011 Conference, Tuesday November 1st at APU, pre-register at kkla.com. (Jim Reeves – Faith Community, Dudley Rutherford – SOTH, Steve Mays – CCSB, J.P. Jones – Crossline Community) Or pre-register right now by calling (888) 799-4999.
544-554 – Steve Wilburn, pastor of Core Church LA (corechurchla.org), and host of Core Truth heard Saturdays 8pm, and host of Core Church Sunday heard Sundays at 930am. Steve will be attending our IMPACT-2011 Conference.
558-608 – Nick Keehus, host of the From L.A. to Jerusalem (fromlatojerusalem.net) heard Sundays at 2pm, and author of two books, God, Man & Evil and Jesus: Is He the Messiah of Israel? Nick has taught worldview and apologetics all over the world with some of our biggest names. He and Staci share five children.
612-623 – Nick Keehus,
623 – The FREE Line In The Sand event is coming to the Rose Bowl, Saturday, November 11th, pre-register at kkla.com.
628-639 – Nick Keehus,
644-654 – Nick Keehus,
My Summary – "Cut, Balance and Grow"
1) Individuals and corporations may elect to pay a new flat tax rate of 20% (down from 35%)
2) Preserves mortgage interest, charitable, and state and local tax exemptions for families earning less than $500K.
3) Increases the standard deduction to $12,500 per person (Family of four pays no tax) for those under $500K.
4) Lowers corporate tax rate to 20%.
5) Temporary corporate tax rate of 5.25% to repatriate profits parked overseas.
6) We will tax only money earned in the US ("territorial tax system," e.g., Hong Kong, France)
7) Eliminate taxes on Social Security benefits.
8) Eliminate taxes on qualified dividends and long-term capital gains.
9) Caps federal spending at 18% of GDP, bans earmarks and future bailouts.
10) Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment.
11) Freezes federal civilian salaries and hiring until budget is balanced.
12) Repeals ObamaCare, Dodd-Frank, and Section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley.
13) Young workers can own their own Social Security personal retirement accounts that are inheritable and earn a market rate of return.
• NRO Editors (10/25/2011) Rick Perry's Rough Draft.
• Dennis Prager (Townhall, 10/25/2011) Are Evangelicals or University Professors More Irrational?