400-408 – Greg Laurie, pastor of both Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside (harvest.org/church) and Harvest Orange County in Irvine, and host of the Harvest Crusade coming to Dodger Stadium September 10, (harvestcrusades.org).
• Greg and his wife Cathe have had two sons, Christopher (1975–2008 July 24) and Jonathan (1986). And they have four grand daughters: Stella (2006) and Lucy (2008) from Christopher & Brittany, and Riley (2005) and Alexandra (2010) from Jonathan & Brittni.
• Be callers #7-8-9 and win a Harvest Prize Pack that includes CDs by Chris Tomlin and Jeremy Camp, a Greg Laurie Lost Boy DVD, and a 2011 Harvest Crusade t-shirt.
413-423 – Greg Laurie,
428-438 – Mark Steyn is simply the most widely read writer in the English-speaking world, from his columns to his books, to guest-hosting for Rush Limbaugh on radio and Sean Hannity on television, no other anglophone speaks to more people in the world. He's now out with another stay-up-late-can't-put-down-must-get-up-early book, a follow-up to his previous blockbuster America Alone, and it's a laugh-out-loud prescient prophecy of where America is headed if we don't immediately change our collective thinking about who America was, is, and where she's headed, entitled After America: Get Ready For Armageddon (marksteyn.com).
443-452 – Mark Steyn
458-508 – • Fox News (9/1/2011) Producers Defend Casting of Chaz Bono on 'Dancing With the Stars' as Debate Over Decision Heats Up. Calls – Alright "Dancing" Fans, does this make you more-likely or less-likely to watch the show with your kids? It could be a wonderful teaching opportunity, couldn't it?
512-523 – Calls –
528-539 – Calls –
544-554 – Calls –
558-608 – Calls –
612-623 – Calls –
628-639 – Calls –
644-654 – Calls –
• Daily Mail (9/1/2011) Women who have abortions 'face double the risk of mental health problems.' Calls – Post-abortives, has this been your experience too? What were the mental and emotional effects of your abortion? Where have you found healing? What is your local church doing to help you? What would you say to women contemplating abortion?
Women who have abortions are at risk of severe mental health problems, according to a study.
The research found that those who undergo abortion face nearly double the risk of mental health difficulties compared with others and that one in ten of all mental health problems was a result of abortion.
// The study comes with the endorsement of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, which published the research by American academic Priscilla Coleman in the British Journal of Psychiatry.
Professor Coleman has been the frequent target of pro-choice campaigners in the U.S. for her insistence that abortion is linked to poor mental health.
But while critics have doubted her methods, they have failed to damage her academic reputation, and publication in the peer-reviewed British journal is a signal that the psychiatric establishment is now taking seriously the possibility that abortion is a cause of anxiety, depression, alcoholism, drug abuse and suicide.
Three years ago research published in the journal first questioned the assumption of abortion campaigners and providers that terminating a pregnancy reduces rather than increases the health risks to a woman.
Professor Coleman's study was based on an analysis of 22 separate projects which together analysed the experiences of 877,000 women, of whom 163,831 had had an abortion.
It said: 'Results indicate quite consistently that abortion is associated with moderate to highly increased risks of psychological problems subsequent to the procedure. Overall, the results revealed that women who had undergone an abortion experienced an 81 per cent increased risk of mental health problems, and nearly 10 per cent of the incidence of mental health problems were shown to be directly attributable to abortion.'
The study said that abortion was linked with a 34 per cent greater chance of anxiety disorders, and 37 per cent higher possibility of depression, a more than double risk of alcohol abuse – 110 per cent – a three times greater risk of cannabis use – at 220 per cent – and 155 per cent greater risk of trying to commit suicide.
Professor Coleman added: 'There are in fact some real risks associated with abortion that should be shared with women as they are counseled prior to an abortion.' //
• Christian Post (9/2/2011) Are There Too Many Gay Characters on TV? Conservatives Take on Hollywood Networks.
• Christian Post (9/2/2011) Thousands Sign Petition to Include Prayer in New York 9/11 Service.
• AP (8/29/2011) Official: 140 Acapulco schools close over threats.
• Jonah Goldberg (NRO, 9/2/2011) My Fellow Americans...If the president really cares about "what works," here's the speech he should give.
• Peggy Noonan (WSJ, 9/2/2011) Perry and Romney's First Face-Off. Meanwhile, can Obama restore trust in his economic leadership?