Our free KKLA Financial Hope Seminar is this Saturday morning from 9am–1230pm, February 19th, at the Glendale Hilton. It's free but seating is limited, so pre-register at kkla.com.
400-408 – Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (aifdemocracy.org), an organization "committed to demonstrating the synergy of American democracy and its founding principles with the religion of Islam," refers to himself as a "Jeffersonian Muslim," he is a former Navy Lieutenant Commander in the Medical Corps, former president of the Arizona Medical Association, and today is an Internist in private practice in Phoenix. Check out the excellent documentary he narrates, The Third Jihad (thethirdjihad.com). Today we talk about Muslim eschatology and "Islamic Socialism."
• Dr. Jasser will be one of the panel speakers at 2:15pm in an all-day conference at Pepperdine University School of Law next Friday, February 25th, from 8am to 630pm. The conference is sponsored by the Nootbar Institute and entitled "A Call For International Religious Freedom." It's open to the public, and you can register at law.pepperdine.edu.
413-423 – Dr. Zuhdi Jasser,
• Zuhdi Jasser (The Blaze, 2/16/011) UNDERSTANDING EGYPT: A LETTER TO THE PEOPLE OF EGYPT FROM AN AMERICAN MUSLIM.
428-437 – Jaws Paul Bond, a reporter with the Hollywood Reporter, talks about his piece below on the forthcoming movie Soul Surfer about then 13-year old surfer Bethany Hamilton losing her arm in a shark attack in 2003. Is it common for there to be different versions of a movie that are screened to different audiences, i.e., screen the Christian one to Christians, and the secular version to secularists?
• Paul Bond (Hollywood Reporter, 2/16/2011) Producer Tried to Edit Bible Out of Sony's 'Soul Surfer'.
(2/16/2007) Bethany Hamilton (bethanyhamilton.com), the teenager who made headlines for resuming her surfing career after losing her left arm in a 2003 shark attack, on how she believes God is using her life to reach others. Bethany's new documentary is based on her book and both are entitled Heart of a Soul Surfer (heartofasoulsurfer.com).
443-452 – Paul Bond,
458-508 – Steve Siler is a singer-songwriter who has unselfishly helped many people overcome their hurts and life issues through the gift of music. He's the founder of Music for the Soul in Nashville (musicforthesoul.org) and the guy behind the DVD Somebody's Daughter: A Journey to Freedom From Pornography (somebodysdaughter.org). (Thanks to our own Kristi Chesley here at KKLA who put me in touch with her friend Cathie Pinto, who hooked me up with Steve.)
Somebody's Daughter Music Clips: (:36) Every Man's Battle, (1:06) Somebody's Daughter, (:54) All of Me.
Here's some sites that can help:
• Our KKLA Helpline (800) 801-5242.
• AP (2/6/2011) Child porn prosecutions soaring in U.S. There have been 10,000 FBI arrests for child pornography since 1996. The FBI has seen a 2,500% (25X) increase in child-porn arrests. In 2009 alone, there were 2,315 suspects indicted on child-porn charges.
512-523 – Steve Siler
523 – Don Rohde @ Galpin Ford (818) 262-2092. For the past 38 years, Don has been a sales manager at Galpin, the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 21 consecutive years. Galpin has been family-owned and operated for the past 59 years, and 90% of their business is repeat or referral. Galpin offers Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Honda, Mazda, Saturn, Volvo, Jaguar, and Aston Martin. "In the heart of the San Fernando Valley at Roscoe and the 405, it's Galpin Ford" (galpin.com).
528-539 – Steve Siler
539 – Robert Micone & Bill O'Connor "The Money Guys" from Applied Financial Planning at 866-SEEK-COUNSEL, (866-733-5268, SeekCounsel.com).
544-554 – Steve Siler, the guy behind the DVD Somebody's Daughter: A Journey to Freedom From Pornography (somebodysdaughter.org).
558-608 – Calls
612-623 – Calls
628-639 – Calls
A female caller recommended a website where she got a lot of help: freedombeginshere.org.
644-656 – Calls
• Washington Post (2/16/2011) Single motherhood still rejected by most Americans, poll finds.
• LAT (2/16/2011) Gay alumni question policy of Christian college in Montecito. Westmont College bars 'homosexual practice.' But a letter to the campus newspaper from 31 gays and lesbians describing their 'doubt, loneliness and fear' while they were students has roiled the school.