400-408 – Chuck Missler, is known world-wide for his innovative teaching of the Bible and his prophetic insights about current events through his teaching ministry Koinonia House (khouse.org), which he started with his wife Nancy back in 1973. For 20 years he taught a weekly Bible study at Big Calvary in Costa Mesa. His background is really impressive: a Naval academy graduate then later Branch Chief of the Department of Guided Missiles, a UCLA master's degree in engineering, later recruited into senior management at Ford where he helped build the first international computer network in 1966, years later he left and started his own company then sold it for buckets of money – he's been on the Board of Directors of 12 public companies and has been CEO of 6 of them.
• This weekend at the Ontario Convention Center is our FREE Inland Empire Prophecy Conference entitled "Understanding the End Times: Israel, Islam, and Bible Prophecy." Tomorrow, Friday, we'll do our show live from 400-700pm, then hop inside to hear from Chuck Missler and Pastor Jack Hibbs. Then on Saturday, we'll go from 900am-900pm, with Tim LaHaye (900am), Ron Carlson (1025am), Ron Graff (1225pm), Lambert Dolphin (115pm), Gary Kah (340pm), William Koenig (540pm), and Chuck Missler (805pm). I'll be the emcee and would love to see you there. It's free, but to get in you'll need a wristband, and to get a wristband you've got to pre-register at kkla.com. Also know, that there's an $8.00 charge by the Convention Center for parking.
413-423 – Chuck Missler, Are we in the Last Days? Replacement theology?
428-437 – Joni Eareckson Tada, has been a quadriplegic confined to a wheelchair for the past 43 years, since a diving accident in July 1967 – and she's the least "disabled" disabled person I know! She's written 35 books, over a million people a week hear her daily "Joni & Friends" (joniandfriends.org) 5-minute broadcast, her paintings (done with the brush between her teeth) are sought by collectors all over the world, and she's an accomplished vocalist! How's that for being "disabled?" She and her husband Ken have been happily married since 1982. Her latest book is entitled A Lifetime of Wisdom: Embracing The Way God Heals You. She is the founder of the International Disability Center in Agoura Hills and the Christian Institute on Disability.
• Today Joni and I both celebrate that our shows have been named "NRB Radio Programs of the Year" her's for short-form, and mine for long-form. Way to go Joni!
• Joni has just been named Honorary Chairman of the 2011 National Day of Prayer! And, an even bigger PTL, she just got her PET-scan back and she is cancer free!
437 – Linda Carpenter from Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast in Big Bear (alpenhorn.com, 888-829-6600).
443-452 – Joni Eareckson Tada,
458-508 – Ryan Ries, youngest son of Pastor Raul Ries and his wife Sharon, was not "walking with the Lord" for many years, but the Lord has recently got ahold of his life, and now Ryan and his Whosoevers are reaching thousands of kids doing "over the edge" ministry (thewhosoevers.com). The Whosoevers are: Ryan Ries (Exit Concerts), Sonny Sandoval (POD), Brian "Head" Welch (formerly of Korn), and Ronnie Faisst (Metal Mulisha).
• Their "The Only Way To Live and Die" Whosoever Conference is coming to Calvary Chapel Golden Springs on March 4th & 5th with many guest speakers including Mike Macintosh, Brian Brodersen, Raul Ries, Annie Lobert, and your's truly. It's inspired by Romans 14:8, "If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." Get your tickets online at thewhosoevers.com/the-whosoevers-conference.
• Yahoo (1/11/2011) Why teens, young adults are leaving American churches. Calls from parents: Do your teens/young adults love to go to church with you? How can the church do a better job of holding them? How can we reach out to young people without watering down the message? Calls from church members/pastors: Is your church doing it right? How?
512-523 – Ryan Ries,
• Fox News (1/12/2011) Ted Williams Enters Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Treatment, Report Claims.
TH 523 – Don Rohde @ Galpin Ford (818) 262-2092. For the past 38 years, Don has been a sales manager at Galpin, the #1 volume Ford dealer in the world for the past 21 consecutive years. Galpin has been family-owned and operated for the past 59 years, and 90% of their business is repeat or referral. Galpin offers Ford, Lincoln-Mercury, Honda, Mazda, Saturn, Volvo, Jaguar, and Aston Martin. "In the heart of the San Fernando Valley at Roscoe and the 405, it's Galpin Ford" (galpin.com).
528-539 – Ryan Ries,
544-554 – Ryan Ries,
558-608 – Ryan Ries,
612-623 – Ryan Ries,
628-639 – Ryan Ries,
644-656 – Ryan Ries,
• NRO Editors (1/13/2011) A Lesson from Loughner.