It's Friday, so you watch our live webcam at frankcam.com!
400-408 – Dr. James Dobson, host of Family Talk with Dr. James Dobson (myfamilytalk.com), heard weekdays at 10:00am, along with co-hosts Luanne Crane and his son Ryan Dobson. [Today's broadcast was "Celebrating Pro-Life Victories in Washington."] His latest book entitled Bringing Up Girls: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the Next Generation of Women.
• Fox News (1/21/2011) Taco Bell Pulls Ads From 'Skins' Over Racy Content.
• Hollywood Reporter (1/20/2011) Parents Television Council Calls for Federal Investigation Into MTV's Skins.
• Hollywood Reporter (1/21/2011) 'Skins' Star Defends Show's Racy Content: 'It's What Teens Are Doing'.
As Taco Bell pulls ads, an actress on the MTV series speaks out: "'Skins' goes where other shows are afraid to."
Skins star Sofia Black-D'elia - who plays a lesbian teen on the MTV series - is defending the controversial content.
"It's pushing the boundaries for teen drama because I think Skins goes where other shows are afraid to," she said on the HDNet show 'Naughty But Nice With Rob' this week.
Nevertheless, the show is under fire. The Hollywood Reporter broke the news Thursday that Taco Bell has pulled its ads after the Parents Television Council urged people to contact the company to protest. The PTA says MTV's parent company, Viacom, has knowingly produced material that may well be in violation of several anti-child pornography laws.
But Black-D'elia says, "It's what teens are doing. It's the way teenagers believe, I think, especially you know in certain situations when you come from home lives where your parents don't really support you or really listen to you. That's what most of these kids are going through. And so, um, the drugs and the sex, they're vices, and that's what teenagers have."
Skins debuted strong Monday night with 3.3 million viewers. It is now MTV's highest-rated new scripted series in the network's key 12-34 demo - a 3.4 - which translates to roughly 2.7 million.
• GQ (Nov 2010) Glee' Gone Wild. How the hell did a show about high school theater geeks come to be the biggest TV show in America? Well, T&A helps. (That's talent and ambition, you pervs.) But so does a generous helping of pot-laced brownies, girl-on-girl subtext, and choreographed dry-humping. Gleeksters Lea Michele, Dianna Agron, and Cory Monteith pull Alex Pappademas into the vortex.
413-423 – Dr. James Dobson,
428-437 – Teachers, anything like this every happen in your school? Are kids "acting out" at school?
• CBS San Francisco (1/21/2011) Oakland 2nd Graders Reportedly Engage In Sex Acts, Teacher Suspended.
(2:09) Oak Sex Acts full. (CBS Channel 5 TV with Grace Lee reporting @ 1/20/2011. Also in the piece: Troy Flint, Oakland School District spokesperson and Dwight Munson, Great Uncle to a Markham School kindergarten student.)
443-452 – Calls
458-508 – Robert Micone & Bill O'Connor "The Money Guys" from Applied Financial Planning at 866-SEEK-COUNSEL, (866-733-5268, SeekCounsel.com).
• Mary Williams Marsh, NYT (1/21/2011) A Path Is Sought for States to Escape Their Debt Burdens.
• CNBC (1/21/2011) California Declares Fiscal Emergency.
• Laurence Kotlikoff, Bloomberg (8/10/2010) U.S. Is Bankrupt and We Don't Even Know It.
• Getting Perspective on How Much a Trillion is – One thousand seconds is roughly 17 minutes. One million seconds is roughly 12 days. One billion (a thousand-billion) seconds is roughly 32 years. And one trillion (a million-million) seconds is roughly 32,000 years. If you had spent one million dollars a day since Jesus' birth, you'd still only have spent about 733,000,000 dollars in 2011, less that 3/4 of a trillion dollars. You're still going to need another 730 years before having spent a trillion dollars since Jesus' birth. You'd need a million days at a million dollars a day to spend a trillion dollars – assuming Jesus was born at the beginning of Year One, you won't reach that date until the year 2740AD.
512-523 – Robert Micone & Bill O'Connor
528-539 – Robert Micone & Bill O'Connor
544-554 – • Spiegel (1/21/2011) Norwegian Boy Fends Off Wolf Pack with Heavy Metal. While walking home from the busstop this week, a 13-year-old Norwegian school boy stumbled upon four wolves. In the end, it may have been his love of heavy-metal music by the band Creed that saved his life.
558-608 – Dave Berg, has a lifetime in radio and television, from literally doing the pork bellies report in rural Wisconsin, to being a producer for Jay Leno for the past 18 years. Today we talk about some of his experiences in Hollywood, as both a Christian and a conservative.
612-623 – Dave Berg
628-639 – Dave Berg
644-656 – Dave Berg
(1:36) Bentley apologizes (New Governor of Alabama, Robert Bentley apologizes for his comments @ 1/19/2011.)
(3:51) The View (The ladies on the View (ABC) discuss Robert Bentley situation @ 1/19/2011.)
• AP (1/20/2011) New governor's words don't upset many in Alabama.
• Got Questions, Question: "Are we all God's children, or only Christians?"