400-408 – • New York Post (12/30/2010) Sanitation Department's slow snow cleanup was a budget protest. It's payback time for the union as they teach the mayor and the city a lesson about how important trash pickup and snow removal are. How do you feel about this union? What do you think should happen? What do you think will happen when the union finds out who the snitches are who leaked the news to the New York Post? If your boss, or your union, told you to do something that you knew wasn't right, such as "don't do a very good job on this," would you obey them? Have you ever been involved in something like that? Have you ever been asked to not do your best, to "throw the fight"? How'd you handle it?
413-423 – Calls
428-437 – Calls
443-452 – Tamara Shearer, President of Christian Singles Fun Events (christiansinglesfunevents.com), invites singles from 19 to 91 out to their New Year's Eve Party. There'll be three DJs and two rooms for dancing on 12,000 sf of dance floors. There's light hors d'oeuvres and dance lessons for the first hour, and then dancing and fun 'till 1am. And there's no need to bring a date! Come alone! They'll be rotating partners all night. Parking is free. And it's all for just $39 if you call right now 714.210.3334, or get your ticket at kkla.com.
458-508 – • The Blaze (12/28/2010) JOURNALIST GROUP COMPLAINS 'ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT' TERM IS 'OFFENSIVE' TO LATINOS. Latinos, is it offensive to you? What term do you prefer?
The Diversity Committee of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) is calling on news reporters nationwide to drop the term "illegal immigrant" from their news coverage in an effort to "inform and sensitize" people on how "offensive" the phrase is to Latinos.
In the latest issue of the SPJ's magazine, Quill, Diversity Committee member Leo Laurence announced the organization's new campaign against "illegal immigrant" and "illegal alien," claiming that individuals living in America without approval should be called "undocumented workers" or "undocumented immigrants."
• Leo E. Laurence, SPJ Online Quill, Diversity Toolbox: The Constitution and use of 'illegal immigrant'. Leo E. Laurence, J.D., is editor of the San Diego News Service and a longtime member of the SPJ Diversity Committee. He holds a law degree, is a Master Mason from a lodge in New York and is a member of CCNMA: Latino Journalists of California.
512-523 – Calls
528-539 – Calls
544-554 – Calls
558-608 – Calls
612-623 – • WRAL (12/29/2010) Lunchbox mix-up leads to charges for Sanford teen. What's your "the system is outrageous" story? Parents, have any of your kids faced expulsion under the new "zero tolerance" policy? Teachers, you work in the trenches every day, do you think the system is too harsh? Is your principal too strict, too lenient, or just right when it comes to these kind of things?
• The Blaze (12/29/2010) UPDATE: SCHOOL OFFICIALS DENY NC GIRL'S LUNCHBOX STORY.
628-639 – Calls
644-656 – Your prayer request?
• CNS News (12/29/2010) Poll: Most Americans Won't Party or Go Out on New Year's Eve, But They Will Say a Prayer. 66% plan to pray, 42% plan to drink, 21% plan to party, and 18% plan to go out to dinner with family or friends. 25% say they will not be praying.
• Charisma Mag (12/29/2010) The Year in Review: Top Spiritual Trends of 2010.
• WSJ (12/30/2010) Big Gas Find Sparks a Frenzy in Israel.
• CBS News (12/30/2010) Gay Republican Group Prompts Split Among Conservatives. CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) organizers have invited GOProud, a gay Republican group, to attend their upcoming conference in February. In response, several conservative groups have pulled out. Among them are the Family Research Council, Concerned Women of America, The American Principles Project, American Values, Capital Research Center, the Center for Military Readiness, Liberty Counsel, and the National Organization for Marriage.
• The Blaze (12/30/2010) UPDATE: TEEN WHO WITNESSED BEATING OF MARINE, WIFE FILES CHARGES.