Big thanks to pastor Steve Mays for letting me teach out at Calvary Chapel South Bay last night!
400-408 – Greg & Cathe Laurie, Greg's pastor of the 15,000-member Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside (harvest.org/church), and host of A New Beginning now heard twice daily here on KKLA, at 5:30am, and 12:30pm. Cathe is the founder and director of the women's ministry at Harvest (harvest.org/virtue), and they just celebrated their 36th anniversary back in February! BTW, "Thursdays With Greg" is now known as "Harvest Orange County" and they meet at 7pm in Irvine, at 2777 McGaw between the 5 and the 405. Today, we talk a little with Greg about Harvest, but most of the time we talk with Cathe about her story. She met Greg at a Bible study he was leading when she was 15 as a brand new believer. He was 18. Two year later, he proposed, and they married the day after her 18th birthday. Fast forward to when their first-born, Christopher, announced that he was in love and going to marry a brand new Christian named Brittany. Cathe shares about her desire to mentor Brittany, and how God fulfilled that desire – especially through the death of Christopher on July 24, 2008.
• Tomorrow night from 4-6pm, join Pastor Greg and the Harvest staff for an open house at their new Orange County location at 2727 Campus Drive (near the corner of Campus and Jamboree, between the 405 and the 73). The building and plans will be on display starting at 400pm, and there'll be an informal time of prayer at 5:30 pm. And yes, refreshments will be served! For more info, go to harvest.org/oc/thursdays.
• The 21st Annual Harvest Crusade is coming to Angel Stadium next Friday-Sunday (August 6-8). The Katinas will perform all three nights, along with the David Crowder Band on Friday; Phil Wickham, Sanctus Real, OC Supertones, and Revive on Saturday night; and on Sunday Stephen Curtis Chapman and Mercy Me. And on Sunday night, I have the privilege of doing the opening prayer. And Dr. James Dobson will be a special guest speaker as well. Sunday night will be "A Night of Hope" as Stephen shares about how God has met his family through the loss of their 5 year old daughter Maria Sue two years ago, and Greg echoes with the loss of his son Christopher, also two years ago. For more information, go to kkla.com or harvest.org.
413-423 – Greg & Cathe Laurie
428-437 – Greg & Cathe Laurie
443-452 – Greg & Cathe Laurie
458-508 – Warren Carter is a career missionary with Disciple the Nations (disciplethenations.com) who's been serving in eastern and central Europe for the past 25 years with his wife Leanne and their three sons (30, 12, 8). Their sending church is Calvary Community in Westlake. Before launching on the mission field, Warren worked for over a dozen Fortune 500 companies. His focus is on discipling emerging and existing leaders at the local, national, and continental levels.
512-523 – Warren Carter
528-538 – Paul Karpf, Founder and CEO of Financial Recovery USA (frusanet.com, 800-385-0745). Today we talk about their new "lender-ready packaging for mortgage modification" – the best product currently available! Financial Recovery USA is one of just eight companies in America certified by the Attorney General's office as a foreclosure specialist. And remember, there's never any money up front!
544-554 – Russ Reeves, Academic Dean at Providence Christian College (providencecc.net), a Reformed Christian liberal arts college that opened up in 2005 on a small campus in Ontario, but is moving to Pasadena this fall. There'll be an open house Thursday, September 2nd from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Go to providencecc.net for more information.
558-608 – (5:17) Robber. (Nayara Goncalves, a manager at a MetroPCS store in Pompano Beach, Florida at work @ 7/23/2010)
• Miami Herald (7/30/2010) 'Jesus' saves Broward storekeeper from a robbery. What's your recent or unique evangelism story?
612-623 – Calls
628-638 – Calls
644-652 – Calls
• Fox News (7/30/2010) Texas Man Walks Free After Serving 27 Years for Rape He Didn't Commit.
• Robert VerBruggen, NRO (7/29/2010) The Amnesty Memo.
• LAT (7/30/2010) Obama the Velcro president: Obama is the White House's chief spokesman, policy pitchman, fundraiser and negotiator — and blame usually falls on him. Aides are seeking to downsize his exposure.
• Fox News (7/30/2010) GOP Lawmakers Want Explanation of Draft Memo on Amnesty for Thousands. A group of Republican senators have written top immigration officials in the Obama administration asking them to reveal whether large-scale plans are under way to provide a so-called non-legislative version of amnesty.