400-408 – Kenneth Samples, Senior Research Scholar at Reasons To Believe (reasons.org), and author of two books Without a Doubt, and the other A World of Difference. He teaches Sunday mornings from 9-10am at Christ Reformed Church in Anaheim. Don't forget to sign up for RTB's Today's New Reason to Believe email at reasons.org. This Friday, Ken is speaking at the Science Symposium at Azusa Pacific University giving a talk entitled "Worldviews in Tension: How Theology Informs Science." Today, we talk about "just war theory," especially since HBO's new series "Pacific" is hugely popular right now. Ken's done some research on it.
• Ken Samples, RTB (5/22/2007) Just War Theory.
413-423 – Kenneth Samples
428-437 – Francine Rivers, has been writing for more than twenty years, and since becoming a Christian in 1986, she has over 6 million copies in print – including her testimony Redeeming Love, her wonderful Mark of the Lion trilogy, her historical novel The Last Sin Eater was made into a movie by Brian Bird and Michael Landon, Jr., and she'll be out tomorrow with her latest, a novel entitled Her Mother's Hope, with the follow up releasing in September entitled Her Daughters Dream. She and her husband Rick live in northern California and enjoy three adult children and 5 grandchildren (francinerivers.com).
443-452 – Francine Rivers
458-508 – Wesley J. Smith, bioethicist, senior fellow at the Discovery Institute, attorney for the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide, and blogger at Second Hand Smoke over at First Things (firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke). His latest just came out and it's entitled A Rat is a Pig is a Dog is a Boy: The Human Cost of Animal Rights.
512-523 – Wesley J. Smith
528-538 – Hank Hanegraaff, president of the Christian Research Institute (equip.org) and host of The Bible Answer Man heard weekdays from 3:30 – 4:00pm right here on KKLA.
544-554 – Philip DeCourcy, pastor of Kindred Community Church in Anaheim (kindredchurch.org), can now be heard weekdays here on KKLA at 10:30am with his brand new program Know The Truth (www.ktt.org).
558-608 – Dr. James Dobson, begins his brand new radio program "Family Talk with James Dobson" here on KKLA on May 3rd at 10:00am (myfamilytalk.com).
612-623 – Dr. James Dobson,
628-638 – (1:09) Loser student. (Ed Donahue reporting for Associated Press @ 3/12/2010).
• Fox News (3/15/2010) Mom Furious After Daughter's Teacher Writes 'Loser' on Her School Paper. Calls from teachers: acceptable or unacceptable? Is just getting an F enough? How do you motivate your failing students?
• Star News (3/15/2010) Buncombe Co. teacher under fire for writing 'loser' on student's paper.
644-652 – Philip DeCourcy, pastor of Kindred Community Church in Anaheim (kindredchurch.org), can now be heard weekdays here on KKLA at 10:30am with his brand new program Know The Truth (www.ktt.org).
(:30) PO 1 HC. (President Obama speaking in Strongsville, OH @ 3/15/2010). Politics are getting in the way of agreement.
(:27) PO 2 HC. Fox guarding the henhouse comment.
(:28) PO 3 HC. Health care premiums can go way down, so employees can get raises.
(:10) Durbin: Premiums up. (US Senator Dick Durbin D-IL on the Senate Floor @ 3/10/2010). Premiums will go up.
• The Washington Post (3/13/2010) Vatican officials defend pope on abuse. Calls from Catholics: Should the confidentiality for confession rule be changed?
• Richard Lowry & Ramesh Ponnuru (3/8/2010) An Exceptional Debate: The Obama administration's assault on American identity.
• Times Online (3/13/2010) On Satan's trail with Don Gabriele, the world's most famous exorcist.
• NYT (3/15/2010) As Health Vote Awaits, Future of a Presidency Waits, Too. Drudge leads with this story because of the cross behind Obama with Easter just two weeks away and entitles it "resurrection." What a double standard for the NYT! They'd be howling if a Republican did that at NRO, Fox, or the WSJ. The Left is desperate and shameless.
• Debra Burlingame and Thomas Joscelyn, WSJ (3/15/2010) Gitmo's Indefensible Lawyers: Legal counsel to some of the detainees went far beyond vigorous representation of their clients. Doesn't the public have a right to know? Ms. Burlingame, a former attorney, is the sister of Charles F. "Chic" Burlingame III, pilot of American Airlines flight 77, which was crashed at the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. She is a co-founder of Keep America Safe. Mr. Joscelyn is a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.