Archives

Friday, February 19, 2010

Don't forget the upcoming Religion on the Line event with Dennis Prager and me, moderated by Steve Arterburn, coming up this Sunday, February 21, from 400-600pm, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Anaheim.  Tickets are now on sale at www.kkla.com.

405-410 – • Yahoo (2/19/2010) Tiger Woods says sorry, golf return still unknown.

• Tiger Woods (2/19/2010) TRANSCRIPT: Tiger Woods' Statement.

(2:34) Tiger Montage. (Tiger Woods speaking from Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida @ 2/19/2010).

(:09) Tiger short 1a. "my real apology to her will not come in the form of words; it will come from my behavior over time."

(:11) Tiger short 1b. "I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated. What I did is not acceptable, and I am the only person to blame.

(:21) Tiger balance. "In therapy I've learned the importance of looking at my spiritual life and keeping in balance with my professional life. I need to regain my balance and be centered so I can save the things that are most important to me, my marriage and my children."

(1:01) Tiger short 2. "I owe it to my family to become a better person. I owe it to those closest to me to become a better man. That's where my focus will be.  I have a lot of work to do, and I intend to dedicate myself to doing it. Part of following this path for me is Buddhism, which my mother taught me at a young age. People probably don't realize it, but I was raised a Buddhist, and I actively practiced my faith from childhood until I drifted away from it in recent years. Buddhism teaches that a craving for things outside ourselves causes an unhappy and pointless search for security. It teaches me to stop following every impulse and to learn restraint. Obviously I lost track of what I was taught."

413-423Tom & Beverly Rodgers, run Rodgers Christian Counseling (soulhealinglove.com) in Charlotte, where they work with individuals, couples and families.  Beverly got her Masters in counseling from Northern Illinois University, and is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; and Tom has two Master's, one from the University of North Carolina and the other from Azusa Pacific University.  And both Tom and Beverly went on to complete Ph.D.s in Clinical Christian Counseling from International University.  They've written three books:  Soul Healing Love: Ten Practical, Easy To Learn Techniques for Couples in CrisisHow To Find Mr. or Ms. Right:  A Practical Guide to Finding a Soul Mate; Adult Children of Divorced Parents:  Making Your Marriage Work;  and their latest Becoming a Family that Heals: How to Resolve Past Issues and Free Your Future.  Today we talk about Tiger Woods' press conference, and dealing with our pasts.

428-437Tom & Beverly Rodgers

443-452Mary Hunt, has written 13 books that have cold more than 1.3 million copies.  Her latest is Live Your Life for Half the Price: Without Sacrificing the Life You Love (Debt-Proof Living).  You can sign up for her newsletter Debt-Proof Living at debtproofliving.com.  Today we talk about the impact of the Credit CARD Act that goes into effect this Monday, February 22nd.  As of Monday, credit card companies: 1) will not be able to raise your rates without giving you 45 days notice; 2) if they do raise your rate, or make "significant changes," they must also give you the opportunity to opt out.  If you opt out, the law demands that the credit card company give you 5 years to pay your balance off at the original rate;  3) any over payment, that's what's beyond the minimum payment, must be applied to the highest interest balance first;  4) the companies will have no restriction on what they can charge you in terms of fees or interest rate; 5) they are free to lower your limit at any time, and this will impact your credit score; 6) they cannot give cards to anyone under 21, unless the customer shows independent income or has a parental co-signer; 7) you will have at least 21 days between the mailing date of the statement and when the bill is due.  And finally, the companies will be luring you to get "business credit cards," because they are exempt from the law.

458-508Shirl Hoffman, Professor Emeritus of Kinesiology at the University of North Carolina, Greensboro is author of a new book entitled Good Game: Christianity and the Culture of Sports, and we talk about it today.

512-523Jill Martin-Rische, daughter of the original Bible Answer Man, Walter Martin, is today the Executive Director of Walter Martin Ministries (waltermartin.com, occult.mobi), and a trained apologist in her own right.  She and her late father, along with co-author Kurt Van Gorden, are the authors of The Kingdom of the Occult (now also available in Spanish).  She co-hosts "Night Watch", Saturday nights from 8-10pm (CST) on AM980 KKMS, where they talk about every area of spiritual warfare, from ghosts to UFO theology, and everything in between, all from God's perspective.  You can listen live online at www.KKMS.com.  Today we talk about the new shows on television that are show kids involved with "ghost hunting."  Also, Hasbro/Parker Bros. Is targeting little girls with their pink Ouija Boards.

528-538Jill Martin-Rische

544-554 Susan Papiri, Regional Director of Sales and Marketing for Life Care Centers of America, working with all 7 of their locations here in Southern California (lcca.com, 951-737-4257).  She's one of our sponsors for Sunday's Religion on the Line event with Dennis Prager and Steve Arterburn and me, from 4-6 at the Crowne Plaza in Anaheim.  We've got a few tickets left at www.kkla.com.  Susan shares a testimonial from a former resident named "Gregory Sizakis".  Today we talk about Life Care's rehabilitation services.

558-608Tom & Beverly Rodgers (Reprise)

612-623Tom & Beverly Rodgers (Reprise)

628-638Dennis Prager, (dennisprager.com) heard weekdays 9-Noon on our sister-station 870 KRLA. He'll be joining me at our special KKLA event called Religion on the Line: An Inter-Faith Dialogue, moderated by Steve Arterburn.  It will be a compelling and intelligent discussion about the similarities and differences between Christianity and Judaism. It will be live at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Anaheim on Sunday, February 21st from 4-6pm. Tickets are on sale now at KKLA.com.

644-652Dennis Prager

(4:55) Allred and Veronica response. (Attorney Gloria Allred and client Veronica Siwik-Daniels speaking in Los Angeles, KTLA @ 2/19/2010).

(:29) Allred short. Tiger needs lying rehab.

(:21) Veronica short. You can't help who you love.

(2:18) Teen dad. (Carissa Ray reporting for msnbc.com on teen dad Nate Howell @ 2/17/2010).  See link to story below.

• USA Today (1/26/2010) Truth about sex: 60% of young men, teen boys lie about it.

• MSNBC (2/19/2010) A baby changes everything: The true cost of teen pregnancy's uptick.