Archives

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

400-408Mark Gungor, senior pastor of Celebration Church in Green Bay, Wisconsin, author of Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage (laughyourway.com), and host of his Thursday night TBN series Love, Marriage & Stinking Thinking (lovemarriageandstinkingthinking.com) with co-host Nancy Stafford, who engages him in a lively discussion from a woman's perspective, and Jimmie Bratcher, blues guitarist and leader of the house band.  Watch this video of Mark talking about how men's and women's brains are different – men's brains are full of boxes, women's are full of tangled wires.
413-423Mark Gungor
428-437Frank Turek, founder of crossexamined.org (that has tons of great resources and videos), and author of Correct, Not Politically Correct: How Same-Sex Marriage Hurts Everyone and I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist.
443-452Frank Turek
458-508"Dr. J" Charles Jackson, is the Director of College Campus Ministries at the Creation Truth Foundation (creationtruth.com, and pointsoforigins.com) in Noble, Oklahoma.  He has a Bachelor's in Biology, two Master's, one in Science Education and the other in Environmental Biology, and a Doctorate in Science Education from the University of Virginia.  He's taught science in public and private schools to students from K-18.  Tomorrow is Earth Day, and we talk about the worldview behind the "holiday."
512-523Dr. J.
528-538Brigitte Gabriel is the founder of the ActForAmerica.org, and author of the best-seller They Must Be Stopped:  Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It, and she's joined by her Executive Director at Act for America Guy Rodgers.  They're speaking this Friday night at 7:30pm at Calvary Chapel Chino Hills (calvarycch.org) – it's free and open to the public.
544-554Brigitte Gabriel. 
(:58) Miss CA 1, Carrie Prejean answers Perez Hilton's question about gay marriage at the Miss USA contest in Las Vegas (4/19/09).  Carrie got 1st runner up to the new Miss USA Kristen Dalton from North Carolina.
(:15) Miss CA 1b. "I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised. And that's how I think it should be between a man and a woman."
(2:23) Perez Hilton 1, from his video blog immediately after the competition.
(:09) Perez Hilton 1b, "Now let me explain to you. She lost not because she doesn't believe in gay marriage. Miss California lost because she is a dumb b----. Okay?"
 (:50) Perez Hilton 2a, with Matt Lauer this morning (4/21/09), Matt asks, "Why did you ask such a politically charged question in the first place?"
(:41) Perez Hilton 2b, Matt presses, "Did you expect Miss California to come up with a more middle-of-the-road answer, to be politically correct, or did you expect her to speak her mind?"
• (1:49) Perez Hilton 2c, Lauer asks, "Are we entering an era where these contestants are going to be subjectively judged on political, religious, and moral beliefs?"  Perez answers, "I hope not Matt…I wish she had left her politics and her religion out of it…I think I gave her the easy way out… I want someone who is going to be politically savvy, and that means saying things that will make everyone feel welcome.  She's a Christian, but I don't want her talking about Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, because that's offensive to all of the Jewish Americans, all the Muslim Americans, to all the atheist Americans.  It's about balance, it's about finding the perfect Miss USA, and unfortunately, Miss California was not the perfect Miss USA. I would have appreciated it had she left her politics and her religion out, because Miss USA represents all Americans."
(:12) Perez Hilton 4a, "She's a Christian, but I don't want her talking about Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, because that's offensive to all of the Jewish Americans, all the Muslim Americans, to all the atheist Americans."
(:07) Perez Hilton 4b, "And Miss USA is not a person that is alienating, Miss USA is not a person that is not politically incorrect."
(:13) Miss CA 3a, "I knew that I was not going to win because of my answer, because I had spoken from my heart, for my beliefs, and for my God."
(:30) Miss CA 3b, Lauer asks, "What about a do-over?  Would you have answered it differently?"  She says, "No, I wouldn't have answered differently…It's not about being politically correct.  For me, it was being biblically correct."
(:34) Miss CA 3c, Lauer asks basically, "Will this usher in a more PC era?"  She says, "When I'm asked a specific question, I'm going to give a specific answer. I'm not going to stand in the middle. I'm going to take one side or another."
(:48) Miss CA 3d, Lauer says, "Carrie you came so close…"  Carrie says she's so thankful…
(:19) Miss CA 3d1, "I don't take back what I said, I was true to myself, and I know now I can go out and speak to young people about standing up for what you believe in and never compromising anything, for anyone or anything, even if it is the crown of Miss USA."
(:28) Shanna Moakler 1a, Miss California State Director, says Carrie wasn't "compassionate."
(:32) Shanna Moakler 1b, says Carrie "betrayed" the "sponsors" and didn't show "sensitivity."
(:30) Miss CA 4, Carrie is with Neil Cavuto and says the majority of Californians agreed with her opinion, by supporting Prop 8.
612-623 Calls
628-638Calls
644-652 Calls



701 North Brand Boulevard, Suite 550
Glendale, CA 91203
Office (818) 956-5552
Frank's Assistant Nate Hanson nate@kkla.com
Get Podcasts here