Archives

Thursday, July 17, 2008

400-408Thabiti Anyabwile, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman (fbc.org.ky), author of The Decline of African American Theology: From Faith to Cultural Captivity, with a snapshot of the African American Church today and where he believes it is headed.
• New York Post (7/12), It's Time For New Black Leaders.
413-423Cal Beisner, with the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation (cornwallalliance.org) with an update on the We Get It Campaign (wegetit.org) to gather one million signatures of those who endorse Biblical Stewardship without embracing radical alarmism that will hurt the world's poor.  See the petitionproject.org.
(:33) Al Gore giving a speech in Washington today talks about the melting of the north ice cap
(:49) Al Gore talks about our world's future being at stake
• Denver Post (7/14), Bush lifts offshore drilling ban.
428-437Cal Beisner
443-452Hugh Ross, president and co-founder of Reasons To Believe (reasons.org), an astronomer-physicist by education, and a pastor at Sierra Madre Congregational Church by choice, is an expert on the intersection of faith and science.  Hugh's latest book is Lights in the Sky and Little green Men: A Rational Look at UFO's and Extraterrestrials.   Hugh is allowed to speak on a lot of college campuses where others are denied, why is that?  How is he received on today's mostly liberal campuses?
458-508Richard Abanes (abanes.com) is the author of twenty books on cults and the occult including The Truth Behind the Da Vinci Code and Harry Potter, Narnia and the Lord of the Rings.  He talks to us today about his latest book, A New Earth An Old Deception: Awakening to the Dangers of Eckhart Tolle's #1 Bestseller.  Tolle's books are heavily promoted by Oprah, The Power of Now and A New Earth:  Awakening to Your Life's Purpose.
512-523(5:06) Todd Bentley Montage,
• And I went up to the woman and I laid hands on her and I said, "You spirit of cancer, come out of the woman!"  The woman fell on the ground and she started coughing immediately, she's just coughing and coughing and coughing.  I get down on the ground and I start hitting her in the stomach, and the Lord said "Punch her, punch her, punch her!"  So, I'm sitting there and I'm pounding her in the stomach like this.  Her daughter grabs my hand away, "No!"  And pulls my hand away and I said, "Get out of my way I know what I'm doing, you know."  And I start pounding her in the stomach and she goes "No!"  She's worried I'm hurting her mother.  I said, "Don't worry, I've done this a million times. It's a demonic spirit!"  And right when I said that her mom puked up white pepto bismol, came out of her mouth like a fountain and she puked up onto the carpet the cancer."
• "You can access the power of God from within. Just go ahead and try it, ready?  Hi Lord, thank you Jesus, The holy spirit lives in me, I have the anointing right now, come look at this sickness here.  I've defeated you!  BAM!  You think when I lay hands on people it's just one of these empty-handed BOOM-BA's?"  I've learned how to let the spirit that's in me quicken my spirit, and I've learned how to let the virtue that's in me come out of me and touch your need."
• "At the beginning of the year I had an encounter with a glory cloud.  It was literally a glory cloud.  It was one of those experiences where I was taken out of my body.  I was in a trance and I realized I was no longer in my bed in my home.  This encounter happened in the middle of the morning and I realized I was standing on the outskirts of our city in Canada."
• It's a really cool miracle, he grabbed the tailpipe of a car, rolled under the car and grabbed, and full of blisters, like it swelled up and his pastor, this is his pastor can testify, they prayed and 5 minutes later, listen to this, they were watching God-TV, a re-run of one of your meetings, and the power of God hit him and healed and totally wiped it right off his hands, there's nothing on his hands!
• Todd, this is Joe, he was a missionary for 12 years, he was planning on going back to the mission field, when the devil attacked him with back pain so severe he was on heavy narcotics every single day, as you can see he had to wear this brace.  Tonight the power of God in him, he's been dancing in the spirit for two hours.
•• Listen to this, the Lord just spoke to me and said, "This is what will happen tomorrow night.  The King and the King's anointing falls tomorrow night.  The 8th of June, the anointing of the King of Glory falls."  Jesus said, "I am coming in person."  The king is coming in person!  I sense so strongly there will be a personal, divine visitation of the Lamb of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, to the revival tomorrow night.   He will come in the clouds in his chariot surrounded by a great angelic host, because the great honoring of the Lamb of God, the King of Glory, is coming to visit Lakeland, to visit the revival, to visit the outpouring.
• See, there's been a spirit of infirmity, of death and cancer through your generational line, your family, there's been a whole battle of people being cut down in their prime, and ah, I feel that God is going to break something with you tonight.  He's going to give you this impartation.  You know what I'm feeling in your hands here?  Ooh, Goodness, there's this oil on your hands right here for healing.  Can we pick her back up?  I'm not done messing around with her yet.  Yep, the supernatural invention, it's like the Angel of the Lord is going to visit your house, and that spirit of death and cancer, we rebuke it right now, in Jesus Christ's name.  Blah, Blah…  Be drunk as drunk as… God, how drunk can she be?  Blah, blah… How drunk can she be?  How long, Lord, can it last?  Ha ha!  Alright, that's good.
(:11) Short pounding quote, "the Lord said "Punch her, punch her, punch her!"  So, I'm sitting there and I'm pounding her in the stomach like this.  Her daughter grabs my hand away, "No!"  And pulls my hand away and I said, "Get out of my way I know what I'm doing, you know."  And I start pounding her in the stomach."
(:20) Short sickness quote, "come look at this sickness here.  I've defeated you!  BAM!  You think when I lay hands on people it's just one of these empty-handed BOOM-BA's?"
(:24) Short Jesus second coming quote, "Listen to this, the Lord just spoke to me and said, "This is what will happen tomorrow night.  The King and the King's anointing falls tomorrow night.  The 8th of June, the anointing of the King of Glory falls."  Jesus said, "I am coming in person."  The king is coming in person!"
(:12) Short Bla Blas quote, "and that spirit of death and cancer, we rebuke it right now, in Jesus Christ's name.  Blah, Blah…  Be drunk as drunk as… God, how drunk can she be?"
528-539Joe Roberts is an investigative reporter who's been studying the ministry of Todd Bentley in Lakeland, especially the claims of healings, miracles, and even people rising from the dead.  Amero works closely with The Trinity Foundation in Dallas, a non-profit that investigates religious fraud.  Joe's article, Todd Bentley is Like Benny Hinn on Steroids, will soon be up at biblicalthought.com.
544-554Calls
558-608Calls
612-623Calls
628-639Calls
644-655Calls
• John McCain, Remarks At NAACP Convention.
• Victor Davis Hanson, America is Not Post-Anything.
(:46) John McCain gives a Townhall meeting speech in Kansas City, Missouri and talks about lifting the gas tax
(:36) McCain talks about his views on being against partial birth abortion