Archives

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

400-408(:19) Eliot Spitzer's resignation speech.  In the past few days, I have begun to atone for my private failings with my wife Silda, my children and my entire family. The remorse I feel will always be with me. Words cannot describe how grateful I am for the love and compassion they have shown me.
(:17) From those who much has been given, much is expected. I have been given much — the love of my family, the faith and trust of the people of New York, and the chance to lead this state.  I am deeply sorry that I did not live up to what was expected of me.
(:22) Over the course of my public life, I have insisted I believe correctly, that people, regardless of their position or power, take responsibility for their conduct. I can and will ask no less of myself.  For this reason, I am resigning from the office of governor.
(:12) I go forward with the belief, as others have said, that as human beings, our greatest glory consists not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(:22) As I leave public life, I will first do what I need to do to help and heal myself and my family. Then I will try once again, outside of politics, to serve the common good and to move toward the ideals and solutions which I believe can build a future of hope and opportunity for us and for our children.
Stephen Arterburn, founder and chairman of New Life Live Ministries (newlife.com) heard weekdays on KKLA at 2pm, the nation's largest faith-based counseling ministry, and founder of the Every Man's Battle conferences (everymansbattle.com) that help men overcome their sexual addictions, on the Elliot Spitzer situation.  Stephen's latest book is with Sam Gallucci entitled Road Warrior: How to Keep Your Faith, Relationships, and Integrity When Away from Home.
413-423Stephen Arterburn
• Ben Shapiro, When Did Hiring Hookers Become Decent?  "We must recultivate the lost virtue of shame."
428-437(Stand By Your Man) Should Silda Spitzer stand by her man?
443-452Calls
458-508Win tickets to the Clippers Faith and Family Night Saturday, March 29th. Go to kkla.com for details.  And while you're there, check out our Alaskan cruise July 20-27!  That's kkla.com.  We want to know what you think about KKLA! Be a part of the focus groups that shape our sound, hit the "Your Opinion Counts" button at kkla.com for details!
Zuhdi Jasser, is founder of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy (aifdemocracy.org), an organization committed to "demonstrating the synergy of American democracy and its founding principles with the religion of Islam." Dr. Jasser is a former Navy Lieutenant Commander in the Medical Corps, and is now in private practice in Phoenix.  His latest column warns Americans about the threat from within.
512-523Zuhdi Jasser
528-539Larry Jones, coach of the Moorpark High School Academic Decathlon Team that just won the California state title Monday in Sacramento.
544-554(Gilligan's Island)
558-608Robert Spencer, founder of Jihad Watch (jihadwatch.org), on the anti-Western extremism being taught in U.S. mosques and on the new Pentagon study that claims there were no operational links between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda.
(:22) Code Pink protesters from Berkley quoted on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
612-623 – • Daily Breeze (3/7) Geraldine Ferraro lets her emotions do the talking.  The article that started it all.
"I think what America feels about a woman becoming president takes a very secondary place to Obama's campaign - to a kind of campaign that it would be hard for anyone to run against.  For one thing, you have the press, which has been uniquely hard on her.  It's been a very sexist media.  Some just don't like her.  The others have gotten caught up in the Obama campaign."
"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position.  And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position.  He happens to be very lucky to be who he is.  And the country is caught up in the concept."
"Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up," Ferraro said. "Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?"
(:37) Olbermann: Ferraro Statement 'Clearly Racist: Are We in South Africa?'
(:06) Geraldine Ferraro's reaction Tuesday given to Fox
(:14) Geraldine Ferraro defends herself to Diane Sawyer Wednesday on Good Morning America.
(:20) She continues her defensive stance on GMA and says that she is hurt by people's reactions to her comments.
Ferraro steps down from Hillary's Finance Campaign under pressure from her controversial comments.
• Reuters, Ferraro steps down from Clinton finance committee.  Ferraro's note to Hillary:
Dear Hillary –
I am stepping down from your finance committee so I can speak for myself and you can continue to speak for yourself about what is at stake in this campaign.
The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you.
I won't let that happen.
Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do to make this a better world for my children and grandchildren.
You have my deep admiration and respect. -- Gerry
• Ben Smith, A Ferraro flashback.
628-639Bobby Lee, owner of the Big Texan restaurant in Amarillo (bigtexan.com), on a feature that's going to be running for the next 8 weeks on the Travel Channel each Wednesday night (travelchannel.com), called Food Paradise that will include a segment tonight on the Big Texan called Steak Paradise featuring Frank.
644-655 – • SFGate, Calif. school chief backs parents' right to home school.  Jack O'Connell, the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, issued a statement Tuesday saying he sees no reason to change the state's policies regarding home schooled students.
• Liam Julian, Ruling Against the School, California vs. homeschooling.  A. J. Duffy, president of the United Teachers Los Angeles, says the Second District Court of Appeal was correct to rule last week that parents without teaching credentials cannot educate their children at home.  He said, "What's best for a child is to be taught by a credentialed teacher."
• Andrew G. Biggs, The Obama Tax Hike.  Mr. Biggs, a former principal deputy commissioner at the Social Security Administration, is a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute.
Pick up DVDs.
(Win a pair of tickets to "The Glory of Easter" at the Crystal Cathedral. Go to kkla.com for details.)