400-408 – David Barton, founder and president of Wallbuilders (wallbuilders.com), a national, pro-family organization that presents America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage. David has archived over 100,000 documents that date before 1812, and their website is filled with a great many resources, and many of them are free. David is a best-selling author and tireless speaker, appearing at over 400 events a year. When I read his America's Godly Heritage in 1990, it exposed me to the revisionist history I had ingested, and launched me on a path that culminated in a graduate degree in political philosophy and American government from Claremont in 2004.
• Today, we talk about David's new book – that just came out TODAY – The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You've Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson (2012) (Amazon). David exposes seven common lies about Jefferson: 1) Did he father children with Sally Hemings? 2) Did he found a secular university? 3) Did he write his own bible and edit out what he didn't agree with? 4) Was he a racist who opposed equality with black Americans? 5) Did he advocate for a secular public square through the separation of church and state? 6) Did he detest the clergy? 7) Was he an atheist?
• The whole point of the (first of two) Jefferson Bible, was not to "cut out the offensive miracles" in order to have an acceptable naturalistic-deist bible, but to cut out the essentials and paste them into what we would call a synoptic (chronological) Bible for evangelizing Indians!
• Library of Congress, Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists.
• Where would our founders say we went off the rails? Two places: in 1804 with the passage of the 12th Amendment which made the president directly elected by the people; and in 1913 with the 17th Amendment and the direct election of senators.
•• David Barton (Wallbuilders, 2/29/2012) America's Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President.
413-423 – David Barton, 3) Did he write his own bible and edit out what he didn't agree with? Jefferson's "Second Bible" is actually his synthesis of The Moral Teachings of Jesus for use in secular education, especially for those seeking political office.
428-438 – David Barton, 4) Was he a racist who opposed equality with black Americans? He inherited 187 slaves at age 13 when his parents died, and spent most of his life working for abolition.
443-452 – David Barton, 1) Did he father children with Sally Hemings? The 1998 story alleging DNA evidence that he had fathered.
458-508 – Dave Berglund & Dan Johnson, of the law firm Berglund & Johnson (berglundandjohnson.com), specializing in personal injury and wrongful death, at 1-800-4-IF-HURT. They just got back from visiting Kirk Nowery in Costa Rica, and seeing their ministry to those trapped in human trafficking, for more info go to (hopepartners.org). They introduce us to Benjamin Jesudasson, their new intake attorney, who used to intern for them before he went to law school, who replaces the wonderful Gary Shanks, who after 20 years with the firm, was tragically killed last September in a motorcycle accident that was not his fault.
512-523 – Dave Berglund & Dan Johnson.
528-539 – (:26) CNN Anchor (4/3/2012): Mormons Equate Interracial Dating With "An Uneducated Person Marrying A Ph.D." "Mormons actually preach that interracial marriages are discouraged, because the challenges could lead to divorce, they equate it with a poor person marrying a rich person, or an uneducated person marrying a Ph.D."
Let's test this…. what are the challenges you face if you're "uneducated" and married to a Ph.D? Or poor and married to a rich person, or vice versa? Or, in an interracial marriage? Any special challenges you'd counsel others to be aware of? What would you like to have been told back when you were getting married? Isn't it a class issue far more than an ethnicity issue? Does your shared Christianity trump the other issues? Since you only stub your toe on rocks you don't see, show us the rocks.
// About 15% of new marriages in the United States in 2010 were between spouses of different races or ethnicities, more than doubling the 1980 level of 6.7%, according to the study.
Looking at all married couples in 2010, regardless of when they married, so-called "intermarriages" reached an all-time high of 8.4% in 2010, compared to 3.2% in 1980, the study said.
// Among all newlyweds in 2010, 9% of whites married outside of their race or ethnicity, along with 17% of African-Americans, 26% of Hispanics and 28% of Asians -- a term that includes native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders.
Gender patterns in intermarriages vary widely, the study found. About 24% of African-American males married outside their race in 2010, compared to 9% of African-American females.
However, the reverse is true for Asians, where about 36% of females married outside their race compared to 17% of male newlyweds. And intermarriages for white and Hispanic people do not vary by gender, researchers found. //
544-554 – Calls.
558-608 – Calls.
612-623 – Calls.
628-639 – Calls.
• Harvard's Implicit Association Test (IAT). Check your racism score!
644-654 – Calls.
• LA Times (4/10/2012) Ozzie Guillen expresses regret, embarrassment over Castro comments.
• Maureen O'Conner (Gawker, 4/9/2012) Gawker Interview: John Derbyshire.
• Wesley J. Smith (Daily Caller, 4/10/2012) Ecocide would be a crime against humanity.
LINER – Attention Pastors! Our annual Pastor Appreciation Luncheon is coming up Thursday, May 17th, with Family Life's Dennis Rainey. Go to kkla.com for more info.
LINER – The annual Christopher Laurie Memorial Golf Classic benefitting Harvest Crusades is Monday, April 30, 2012 at Dove Canyon – get more info at harvest.org/golf.
LINER – My daughter Christina and her best friend run a Hair & Makeup Event Business, called Privé Beauty Group (privebeautygroup), specializing in the hottest new Pinterest styles for that "special event." Check 'em out on Facebook & Twitter, and mention my name when you call, and get the "Daddy Discount."