400-408 – (:59, 3/9/2012) BILL MAHER: But I bring up the old tale of the poisoned apple — no, not "Snow White," that's a fairy tale – because the Adam and Eve story is taken literally by half the country and it's no coincidence that the type of tree which god forbade Adam and Eve eating from was the Tree of Knowledge. Rick Santorum homeschools his children because he does not want them eating that f–king apple. He wants them locked up in the Christian madrassa that is the family living room not out in public where they could be infected by the virus of reason. If you're a kid and the only adults you've ever met are mom and dad, and then they're also the smartest adults you've met, why not keep it that way? Why mess up paradise with a lot knowledge? After all, a mind is a terrible thing to open.
A few quick responses: 1) Geneticists acknowledge there was only one original homo-sapiens pair, i.e., Mitochondrial Eve. 2) It was not the "tree of knowledge," but the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (Gen 2:19). 3) Christian madrassa? Wanna put a random 20 homeschooled 12 year olds against a random 20 public school 12 year olds? 4) "A mind is a terrible thing go open?" "Open" as in exploring world religions, the history of Western Civilization, and the teachings of the most popular book of all time (the Bible)? Who's more "open," someone who looks or someone who doesn't look? Moreover, why grant a skeptic more intellectual respect than a believer? It takes no intellectual horsepower to say "Nah ugh." Many believers, your's truly included, embraced belief on the basis of evidence. Can Bill Maher say he embraced his atheism on the basis of evidence, or was it some anecdotal story of a "bad religious experience?" Couldn't someone equally defend their position on a "good religious experience?"
• ABC News (3/13/2012) Bill Maher Irks Rick Santorum by Comparing Christian Homeschooling to Madrassa.
413-423 – •• David Barton (Wallbuilders, 2/29/2012) America's Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President.
428-438 – • CBS Connecticut (3/13/2012) Student Wearing Lesbian T-Shirt Stirs Controversy At High School.
• NT Daily News (3/13/2012) ACLU: Student has right to wear 'all the cool girls are lesbians' t-shirt.
• Fox News (3/12/2012) British Govt. Says Christians Don't Have Right to Wear Crucifix at Work.
443-452 – Wade Rowdon, former teammate on the Cincinnati Reds in 1984.
• Fox News (3/13/2012) Golfer may lose leg after being stabbed with a putter on golf course.
458-508 – Hugh Ross is the founder and president of Reasons to Believe (reasons.org), and is both an astrophysicist (Ph.D., University of Toronto) and a pastor, the author of fourteen books, including The Creator and the Cosmos, Why the Universe Is the Way It Is, and his latest (which I endorsed) entitled Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job: How the Oldest Book in the Bible Answers Today's Scientific Questions (Amazon). And, check out their new 8-session small group curriculum If God Made the Universe, Why Is It The Way It Is? (link).
• RTB'S CREATION AND THE BIBLE COURSE BEGINS MARCH 26
Discover the biblical basis for old-earth creationism. Come be a part of Reasons Institute's next exciting course, Creation and the Bible.
• Harmony of science and the Bible,
• Young-earth creationism, old-earth creationism and theistic evolution.
• Noah's flood, and
• Reliability of dating techniques.
The course begins March 26, 2012. Visit the course registration page for enrollment information.
Questions? Contact us at (800) 482-7836 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This short video will introduce you to Reasons to Believe's online learning program.
512-523 – Hugh Ross, Old earth, young earth, and theistic evolution?
528-539 – Hugh Ross, Old earth creationist?
544-554 – Hugh Ross, Adam and Eve? Tease trinity?
558-700 – BO, I teach on the Trinity, and we talk to Lorraine Whoberry on forgiving a murderer.
• Fox News (3/11/2012) Former NASA specialist claims he was fired over intelligent design.
• Jonathon Seidl (Blaze, 3/13/2012) INVISIBLE CHILDREN GROUP DEFENDS ITSELF IN NEW VIDEO: NOT A 'SLACKTIVIST THING.
• Billy Hollowell (Blaze, 3/13/2012) 'DEATH TO AMERICA!': ANGRY AFGHANS BURN CHRISTIAN CROSS & OBAMA EFFIGY.